Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 65152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2026

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Blog Entries

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Legends Tower: 60%

60%?

Did I ever mention I'm actually a Nigerian prince?

If you set the bar low then sure, I can see 60%"eventually", but scaled down for towers 2 through 4.

To my knowledge American heartland is 100% funded and it’s by an individual not a group of investors phase 1 has already broke ground which has been discussed in the thread but it’s not just the RV park it’s also housing for the employees(which they’re already hiring I believe or at least looking for experienced park operators according to the post I’ve seen

Legends Tower: 0%
    Boardwalk at Bricktown (all 3 towers): 35%
    Sunset Amphitheater: 60%
    Strawberry Fields: 0%
    Heartland Theme Park: 100% - just as soon as Jimmy Lee Farnsworth can wrestle the Belle Isle Plantation away from Fletch.

I actually felt better about this project before the Legends tower thing popped up. It's been fun(ny) to watch how much attention it's gotten, though. Hopefully they do at least two towers. I'm sure a Dream hotel would work and downtown seems very ready for new high rise apartments. But just activating this end of Lower Bricktown would be nice. Even if it's just something that gets it closer to the version the city was sold on when Hogan got it.

Im surprised by some of these guesses. I’d say it’s more like:
    Boardwalk at Bricktown (all 3 towers): 10%

Both seem very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Im surprised by some of these guesses. I’d say it’s more like:
    Boardwalk at Bricktown (all 3 towers): 10%

Both seem very unlikely.
    With the tif money available I think 20% for the first two. Being less than 0 is not a real number I’ll settle with 0 for legends . Especially since the way business is done seems to have changed these days. The tower feels very “sunset amphitheater’ish” to me. I’m surprised I’m not seeing investment commercials for legends tower like we do for sunset. Sunset live notes amphitheater is a scam. For sure. And until I see a crane swinging 500 feet in the air I’m suspicious this is too. Matteson’s one investor Hudson or what’s his name is the only reason i don’t give this entire project a fat 0 % chance

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    With the tif money available I think 20% for the first two. Being less than 0 is not a real number I’ll settle with 0 for legends . Especially since the way business is done seems to have changed these days. The tower feels very “sunset amphitheater’ish” to me. I’m surprised I’m not seeing investment commercials for legends tower like we do for sunset. Sunset live notes amphitheater is a scam. For sure. And until I see a crane swinging 500 feet in the air I’m suspicious this is too. Matteson’s one investor Hudson or what’s his name is the only reason i don’t give this entire project a fat 0 % chance
    I don't think Sunset is a scam unless there using funds raised from other venue fundraising efforts to finance the Colorado Springs location. Then yeah, they built themselves a nice house of cards there.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I don't think Sunset is a scam unless there using funds raised from other venue fundraising efforts to finance the Colorado Springs location. Then yeah, they built themselves a nice house of cards there.
    The problem with the house of cards type business is that the developer passes on all the risk to the investors. While assuming virtually none themselves. The whole “they build it they will come” is substantially more scam prone than the “you build it they will come” type business. No risk high return for the developer tends to attract less reputable. Real movers and shakers don’t put out commercials with has beens pleading. They take risks and if they know what they’re doing they get the payoffs. I just highly doubt someone who’s been on real housewives is the genuine real deal. Reality tv is cheap publicity is for scammers. Larry nichols isn’t on reality tv Aubrey McClendon wasn’t on reality tv. If this guy is the real deal he’ll get that lot cleared and get those cranes up. Money talks

Boardwalk at Bricktown (all 3 towers):
    - 10% all 3
    - 25% 2
    - 30% 1
    Sunset Amphitheater: 25%
    Strawberry Fields: 0%
    Heartland Theme Park: IDGAF

I must've missed something, what is the Legends Tower? And why are we ranking things with percentages

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    I must've missed something, what is the Legends Tower? And why are we ranking things with percentages
    Go back up a few pages and you will figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Go back up a few pages and you will figure it out.
    To be fair, it's more than a few pages. They'll have to go back like ten or so.

@therhett To keep matters short, there's a visioned supertall to go along with this development. It's imagined to go up to 1,907 feet in honor of the year of statehood. It does have renderings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boardwalk012224a.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	18626

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    To be fair, it's more than a few pages. They'll have to go back like ten or so.

@therhett To keep matters short, there's a visioned supertall to go along with this development. It's imagined to go up to 1,907 feet in honor of the year of statehood. It does have renderings.

Name:	boardwalk012224a.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	18626
    The start of the rankings were the previous page... 55

Oh I thought we were calling that the "super tall", didn't notice it had been given another name lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    No risk high return for the developer tends to attract less reputable. Real movers and shakers don’t put out commercials with has beens pleading.
    That was the red flag for me. Serious developers don’t pull publicity stunts like the groups behind Sunset and Legends. They announce the project when real investors have already been lined up, actual financing secured and get moving

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    That was the red flag for me. Serious developers don’t pull publicity stunts like the groups behind Sunset and Legends. They announce the project when real investors have already been lined up, actual financing secured and get moving
    Lots of reputable developers announce projects prior to financing being finalized. Not unusual. Many do it to ascertain the level of interest for the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Lots of reputable developers announce projects prior to financing being finalized. Not unusual. Many do it to ascertain the level of interest for the project.
    I disagree he’s trying to manifest some investment. “They build it they will come” I’ve got a cold six pack that says that U-Haul parking lot will be there 3 years from now. My opinion would be totally 180 if someone had assessed the market and secured financing prior to announcing

18. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

^^^^^^^^^
    According to the interview by Steve Shaw at OETA last week, Matteson said matter-of-factly that funding for this project is already fully in place, and that he is NOT seeking investors. Who knows.

19. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    According to the interview by Steve Shaw at OETA last week, Matteson said matter-of-factly that funding for this project is already fully in place, and that he is NOT seeking investors. Who knows.
    I saw that interview. Very interesting when he said that the project was fully financed and that they would be filing for height acceptance within the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by soonerj2015 View Post
    I saw that interview. Very interesting when he said that the project was fully financed and that they would be filing for height acceptance within the next few days
    Height acceptance on the three towers? I don't really care about a hypothetical supertall acceptance which clearly isn't funded yet.

21. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

^^^^^^^
    No, he said he is actively seeking the height variance from the City on the supertall. Also said they have already petitioned the FAA.

Scott Matteson Interview: starts at 12:45

https://videos.oeta.tv/video/february-9-2024-yt2ika/

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-16 173002.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	18631

Thanks for sharing. This is my first time seeing this angle with the proposed Maps 4 stadium in it.

Here is a little better version of Legends Tower with the stadium in the foreground:

Based on the interview, he sounded very confident that things are moving forward. No "ifs" or "maybe" or "well we are still working on things". Sounds like finalized plans should submitted any day now.

Thread Information