Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 486 FirstFirst ... 65152535455565758596061106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 12127

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

hipster, I remember seeing that the multi-level garage (soon to be 10 levels) will be extended all the way to Hudson.

It's why the "podium" will extend to Hudson as well, as it's meant to cover the garage completely when looking from the south.

You can see this in this model:

Thinking Pete's stock really just took a jump upwards around here.
    Nice. Real nice. Hope they be listening.

One more thing about the garage along Hudson...

There is supposed to be a large health club at the southern end of the garage and I believe retail will be on street level all the way up to the library.

i'm wondering if the top of the chase tower would be a good location for a webcam, especially once the superstructure starts rising.

Found this posted on Twitter, Was posted at noon.

Devon Tower movement. | TweetPhoto

Ok, thanks everyone for the replies - I wish there was a little better picture of garage area, especially the retail/gym stuff - understandable why there isn't though.

On another note, would Lauri101's vantage point work for a webcam? If she was able to let it happen, I could help set it up if need be, Pete.

Hipster, I might take you up on that offer if we find a good vantage point.

And I found this rendering of the parking garage from a NW perspective:

Pretty scary looking actually. Hopefully that is an attractive screen and/or glass (?) going several floors up from the street. It is however VERY positive that there will be retail space on the street level. Looks like quite a bit as well. Anyone care to estimate how many square feet will become available and what type of retailer might want to be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dar405301 View Post
    i'm wondering if the top of the chase tower would be a good location for a webcam, especially once the superstructure starts rising.
    Doubt Mr. Redneck Cotter will allow such a "modern" webcam to be attached to his 70's era building. As he says "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Quote Originally Posted by russellc View Post
    That is a little too close to be able to see the whole building going up with out having to move the camera several times. They need a place furher away that can see the entire building as it goes up.
    Yes, I'm well aware of that, but for the time being something is better than, NOTHING. Especially considering Devon could slap together $500 for a good quality webcam and a computer to dedicate to it 24/7 and the fact that they own the Colcord, it would be something minimal they can do, and would still provide a great vantage point for us staring at a computer all day for at least several months to come.

10/15/09 12:30

I think everyone should give up on a construction cam... you'll have to do it yourself if you want one.

12. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Believe me, guys, if I can find a willing host for a webcam, we'll make it happen. Anyone who has a highrise office with a view of this, and would like to accomodate this, call me at 740-4139.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Hipster, I might take you up on that offer if we find a good vantage point.

And I found this rendering of the parking garage from a NW perspective:

The employee fitness center is what is going to be located on the ground floors on that side of the garage.

The whole width of the garage along Hudson, Platemaker?

Originally they said it would be on the southern end and adjacent to the podium. And that there may be some retail at street level.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Believe me, guys, if I can find a willing host for a webcam, we'll make it happen. Anyone who has a highrise office with a view of this, and would like to accomodate this, call me at 740-4139.
    I feel the same way - I can't see it from where I am - need to know whats going on the other side of the garage...Lauri? May need to be someone private though, not IRS.

Would someone with a SW corner apartment from the Park Harvey get a good enough vantage point if we could zoom in a webcam? This or Oklahoma Tower might be our best options.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Would someone with a SW corner apartment from the Park Harvey get a good enough vantage point if we could zoom in a webcam? This or Oklahoma Tower might be our best options.
    Naw you-d have the East garage in the way - you may see some later on but i think you'd miss a lot of the early stuff.

The camera could be moved as construction progresses, but it seems high up on the south side of Oklahoma Tower would be the best location.

It's pretty easy to zoom in on that distance but you obviously need to be somewhat farther back to take in the structure as it starts to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    I feel the same way - I can't see it from where I am - need to know whats going on the other side of the garage...Lauri? May need to be someone private though, not IRS.
    Man - I wish I could! I've got the view and it's all union office, but the fact that it's government leased space prohibits the use of outside equipment in the space. I did run it by our admin office and no go. Part of the concern, of course, is security as well as taxpayer privacy. Plus we're not allowed to have any other computer networks in building - I have to use a 52 kps dial up for union business, which would not broadcast well.

I'll do what I can to take still pictures as things progress. I won't be in next week, but I'll get in the habit of taking camera in at least twice a week to get close and personal.

Thanks, Lauri, for trying and for the photos!

And to MadMonk & Platemaker as well.

With all the great resources on this site, I think we'll be able to follow progress regardless of webcam (which I still think we'll manage to pull off).

21. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

I've not given up making this happen... got a couple more cards to play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Platemaker View Post
    The employee fitness center is what is going to be located on the ground floors on that side of the garage.
    9 floor parking garage almost the entire length of a city block? That is mammoth and probably crazy to get out of at 5pm

How would you people who work in offices like to be on webcam every day?
    Knowing that everything you do in your office could be seen by your bosses and OSHA?
    I'm currently on a job under webcam, it has a definet effect on construction.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    How would you people who work in offices like to be on webcam every day?
    Knowing that everything you do in your office could be seen by your bosses and OSHA?
    I'm currently on a job under webcam, it has a definet effect on construction.
    I wish I had a webcam for the stuff happening in downtown tulsa, those union assclowns might actually work. The amount of waste in contracts the city of Tulsa has is abhorrent.

Thought this might be of use to somebody...

Tutorial: Torch + Webcam = HD Timelapse System

Wish I was there to help.

Thread Information