Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 651525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1499

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    On a lot of my consulting jobs where I created business plans, I used to say that I can fairly well predict what is likely to happen, but I am less sure about WHEN it will happen. There are a lot of extenuating circumstances regarding changes as radical as going electric from ICEs. Price of oil, for one. A full out war in the ME and crude at $200 would likely catapult the EV business. Breakthroughs in battery technology, power distribution, etc., etc. Most will happen, it is just when. And politics has little to do with it. Economics and demand will rule over time. Other influences will come to bear too.
    My reference to politics was mainly they are the group with the most aggressive timeline on transition, if industry behind EVs had a more optimistic date I would have gone with that.

At least some estimates place the theoretical limit with current battery tech production around 10% of yearly vehicle sales, based on the worldwide availability of the materials needed, sure that can change over time but it likely will be slower than the 2035 date. So the breakthrough in battery tech we really need is materials that are cheaper / more common but still with similar energy density to lithium batteries, some of the research sounds promising but that is still likely years from impacting if does work. Breakthroughs in power distribution seem less likely to rush things, as even if were game changing probably would be rolled out over decades.

If a full on price spike to $200 happened in next few years probably would get the export ban on crude back in effect, which went into effect in the 70s but only lifted in 2015. The US is around net independent anyway, the main issue right now is a lot of our refineries were designed for lower grades of crude since before improvements in drilling the last couple decades, the expectation was the need was going to be for harder to refine grades of crude not simpler to refine crude. If the refiners could not handle that problem in a timely manor, it still seems unlikely would be able to massively ramp EV production quickly. If anything quickest alternative would be to dust off the concept of converting ICE vehicles to run with CNG, and even that would be a mess.

Finally getting busy on May just north of NW Ex:

May & NW Ex:

It's interesting that they are moving on this location before 13th and Classen. I wonder when that one will finally get moving.

^

I believe the City has to first rework that intersection, and before that was the construction on the BRT station on the east side of Classen.

I have been working with JoBeth Hamon to ensure this project does not move forward.

Under 2022 Oklahoma Statutes
    Title 37A. Alcoholic Beverage
    §37A-2-139. Bottle club, mixed beverage or beer and wine establishment - Minimum distance from schools or churches.
    It shall be unlawful for any mixed beverage establishment, beer and wine establishment or bottle club which has been licensed by the ABLE Commission and which has as its main purpose the selling or serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, or package store, to be located within three hundred (300) feet of any public or private school or church property primarily and regularly used for worship services and religious activities

Legally On Cue cannot be issued an alcoholic beverage license since the charter school across the street has broken ground.

Quote Originally Posted by RRCo View Post
    I have been working with JoBeth Hamon to ensure this project does not move forward.

§37A-2-139. Bottle club, mixed beverage or beer and wine establishment - Minimum distance from schools or churches.
    It shall be unlawful for any mixed beverage establishment, beer and wine establishment or bottle club which has been licensed by the ABLE Commission and which has as its main purpose the selling or serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, or package store, to be located within three hundred (300) feet of any public or private school or church property primarily and regularly used for worship services and religious activities

Legally On Cue cannot be issued an alcoholic beverage license since the charter school across the street has broken ground.
    that is not what a gas station is ..

this project will move forward ..

Wait, what? Since when is a gas station a beer and wine establishment? But idlt doesn't surprise me you'd work with her, since she has proven to know very little about the law.

Look at OnCue's revenue by store, and maybe 15% will be for beer or alcohol sales. Probably less.

It isn't a package store, and you give Oklahomans a bad name for thinking so.
    What a joke. And I can't wait for your challenge to fall flat on its face.

LMAO good luck with that

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    But idlt doesn't surprise me you'd work with her, since she has proven to know very little about the law.

It isn't a package store, and you give Oklahomans a bad name for thinking so.
    What a joke. And I can't wait for your challenge to fall flat on its face.
    yes, yes, and yes

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    that is not what a gas station is ..

this project will move forward ..
    In Oklahoma City, a "beer and wine establishment" typically refers to a business that holds a specific license to sell beer and wine for off-premise consumption. This type of establishment can range from grocery stores and convenience stores to specialty wine and beer shops.

I have also funded an environmental impact study illustrating the health impacts to homes within 500 ft due to adverse effects due to benzene and other gas station emissions.

The primary reason that this project hasn't made progress is due to the law cited above. Secondary reasons are local pushback from residents nearby like me.

This project is terrible for the city and the residents that have to live next to this eyesore. Our neighborhood is not a thoroughfare, or some cesspool you refill your car on the way to work. People live here. We deserve walkable streets and clean air.

My money is where my mouth is...

The primary reason that this project hasn't made progress is due to the law cited above. Secondary reasons are local pushback from residents nearby like me.
    lol nope and nope

In Oklahoma City, a "beer and wine establishment" typically refers to a business that holds a specific license to sell beer and wine for off-premise consumption. This type of establishment can range from grocery stores and convenience stores to specialty wine and beer shops.

I have also funded an environmental impact study illustrating the health impacts to homes within 500 ft due to adverse effects due to benzene and other gas station emissions.

This project is terrible for the city and the residents that have to live next to this eyesore. Our neighborhood is not a thoroughfare, or some cesspool you refill your car on the way to work. People live here. We deserve walkable streets and clean air.

And you will lose your money. Which you deserve to.

Ignorance csnt and shouldn't and won't be rewarded.

LOL. Stopping a multi-million dollar investment and something the majority of people want over some bogus reasons, great work youre doing...

Also LOL at you saying Western, Classen and 13th isnt a thoroughfare when in fact they are. Or saying the neighborhood isnt some cesspool but I guess are ok with the run down 7-11 that has had multiple shootings over the last few years? Or thinking this will only be for people who are driving to work and not actually used by the thousands of downtown dwellers.

We deserve walkable streets and clean air.
    The plans literally have new sidewalks around the entire property. The current sidewalk situation there is either not existing in sections or are in complete disrepair. Plus the plans will fix the weird Western "yield ramp" off Classen and force turn lane from the main intersection. Improving safety.

Um waste your money however makes your feelings feel better but the law doesn’t apply to this.
    Take 39th and Portland for example. The gas station literally shares property line with the Islamic mosque.
    Not surprised JoBeth would be involved either.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Not surprised JoBeth would be involved either.
    It's in her ward, she has to be the one involved.

Man, that is actually annoying enough that I will mark my calendar to vote for her opponent.
    I live in the area and have been watching this thread waiting for this to get built for like six years. I know two people who have been robbed at the 7-11 down the street and have never once made it out of the valero on 10th and Penn's parking lot without being approached by panhandlers. I either make it a point to wait until I am out and about on weekends or go out of my way to go up to the On-cue on May because they do a much better job of providing a safe-feeling and clean establishment.
    I hope all the money you spent comes out to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Man, that is actually annoying enough that I will mark my calendar to vote for her opponent.
    I live in the area and have been watching this thread waiting for this to get built for like six years. I know two people who have been robbed at the 7-11 down the street and have never once made it out of the valero on 10th and Penn's parking lot without being approached by panhandlers. I either make it a point to wait until I am out and about on weekends or go out of my way to go up to the On-cue on May because they do a much better job of providing a safe-feeling and clean establishment.
    I hope all the money you spent comes out to nothing.
    Why trust some anonymous rando on the forum that she's actually doing anything at all to get this OnCue stopped?

Ugh, what a NIMBY attitude. I suppose you don't care about the location of any of the other gas stations in the city? No matter where you put the gas station, it will be near someone's property....

Also, I like having an OnCue within walking distance to me - ironically, placement of the Gas Station means I use less gas. The one near me is literally across the road from a school, too.

Also, also, it looks like if they move the OnCue back 5-6ft, it would be outside 300ft from the property line of the school. (Based on me overlaying the plans on Google Maps and using the measure distance feature).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    It's in her ward, she has to be the one involved.
    She doesnt have to be involved any further than simply voting yes for any zoning or site plan approvals that come before the council.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    She doesnt have to be involved any further than simply voting yes for any zoning or site plan approvals that come before the council.
    Yeah, sorry, my post wasn't as explicit as it should've been, multitasking. I should've said "if there's anybody involved in this silliness, it would have to be her since it's her ward"

23. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Why don’t you work with her to clean up some of the homeless encampments in the area or what’s left of the pimp/prostitution trade south of 10th before you “try” to stop a gas station that is clearly located on a thoroughfare.

Better than 50% odds that "working with JoBeth Hamon" really just means "I send her a crazy email every week" and she gets a sympathetic response email.

Quote Originally Posted by AnguisHerba View Post
    Better than 50% odds that "working with JoBeth Hamon" really just means "I send her a crazy email every week" and she gets a sympathetic response email.
    she is anti business anti cars and in lots of ways anti okc growth .. so her being against this would be par for the course

Thread Information