Widgets Magazine
Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 55051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

1. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

It turned out better inside than the exterior would have led me to believe.

Default Re: General Midtown Thread

These look great! Although I never doubted these guys and their ability to make a quality product.

BTW, Midtown Rennaisance's new website looks slick, a VAST improvement over the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by wschnitt View Post
    Those look like staged pictures. The furniture is the same from when I was at the staging for the Cline.
    What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    These look great! Although I never doubted these guys and their ability to make a quality product.

BTW, Midtown Rennaisance's new website looks slick, a VAST improvement over the first one.
    Wow, that had to have just gone live in like the past 48 hours. I look at their website every week almost for new pics.

The MidtownR group is on an incredible roll and has demonstrated that putting a little more into your development will reward you with better rent and vacancy.

Can't wait to see what they do with the three buildings at 10th & Broadway, the Osler, the Guardian, 430 Lofts and the Mayfair Apartments.

Midtown New Midtown Renaissance Website / Branding

Midtown Renaissance (Howard / Clagg ) have recently unveiled a new website and branding. This website is very well designed and shows off their properties and the Midtown Area in a fresh, modern way. Good to see this group taking the re branding of Midtown OKC so seriously..

Check out midtownr.com to see the new site.

Butzer / Gardner just received a contract from OCURA to reevaluated and update the plan for Midtown (specifically, the area bounded by NW 4th, NW 13th, Classen and the RR tracks):

The North Downtown Urban Renewal Plan was adopted in 1998 and last
    amended in 2000. Recent developments in the area, including activities by Midtown
    Renaissance and St. Anthony Hospital have been extremely positive. However, significant
    blighting elements remain, including a high number of vacant and undeveloped parcels, as well
    as some stubbornly detrimental uses that pose a serious challenge to the potential for continued
    progress in the area. In addition, major changes in the area, such as the construction of the Edge
    (beginning this Fall), the closing of Villa Teresa School, and the possible move by OCU Law
    School to the old Central High School Building, present new issues and opportunities for the
    North Downtown Project Area. For these reasons, an analysis and possible amendment of the
    North Downtown Urban Renewal Plan is appropriate and desirable.

8. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Good. They can throw out the Medical Business District Inc. and provide some clarification over Classen Drive extn.

I heard a rumor that Elliot Nelson (owner of McNellies) is going to be bringing more of his concepts to Midtown! Specifically, an employee of his told me he is considering a Fassler Hall (one of my favorite places in Tulsa) behind Brown's Bakery by this time next year!

If you have never been to Fassler Hall in Tulsa, it is one giant open room with a bar along one side, a big garage door at one end, a small stage at the other and long beirgarden style tables throughout. They serve all sorts of German and German style beers, delicious sausages, pretzels and fries fried in duck fat. Also they have alot of live music. Also I am extremely excited.
    Last edited by CurtisJ; 08-30-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Information added.

I sent a PM to Tuck several months ago suggesting that he look into a beer garden / sausage theme for the OKC area... There are a few here in Southern Cal that are very cool and extremely popular.

Hope this happens in Midtown!

Here's a photo of Fassler Hall:

401 NW 10th, recently went on the market. It has been vacant for many years, only being used as a storage building. It is the building on the corner 10th&Hudson, with the large overhead doors and extended covered roof, perfect for a restaurant/bar patio.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R011440260001tA.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	2546
    Link for listing.
    http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite...6802=Sat6S545g

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisJ View Post
    I heard a rumor that Elliot Nelson (owner of McNellies) is going to be bringing more of his concepts to Midtown! Specifically, an employee of his told me he is considering a Fassler Hall (one of my favorite places in Tulsa) behind Brown's Bakery by this time next year!

If you have never been to Fassler Hall in Tulsa, it is one giant open room with a bar along one side, a big garage door at one end, a small stage at the other and long beirgarden style tables throughout. They serve all sorts of German and German style beers, delicious sausages, pretzels and fries fried in duck fat. Also they have alot of live music. Also I am extremely excited.
    And then:

401 NW 10th, recently went on the market. It has been vacant for many years, only being used as a storage building. It is the building on the corner 10th&Hudson, with the large overhead doors and extended covered roof, perfect for a restaurant/bar patio.

401 NW 10th is the only building "behind" Brown's Bakery. I bet this building is the one being considered for the beer garden.

I think you are on to something there Skyline. It really is an ugly building, but the potential is deffinitely there!

Incidentally, does anyone know anything about the firehouse north of 401 NW 10th? I see people coming and going on occassion, but I have no idea what it is being used for. I have wanted for a while to buy that firehouse and make it my home, but it's not on the market, and I don't currently have the financial means of taking on such a big project.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisJ View Post
    I think you are on to something there Skyline. It really is an ugly building, but the potential is deffinitely there!

Incidentally, does anyone know anything about the firehouse north of 401 NW 10th? I see people coming and going on occassion, but I have no idea what it is being used for. I have wanted for a while to buy that firehouse and make it my home, but it's not on the market, and I don't currently have the financial means of taking on such a big project.

Looks like this is being turned into a restaurant to be called Firehouse Nutrition:

http://www.facebook.com/FirehouseNutrition

"Deposit paid, moving in on the 15th of June! This building was built in the 1930s and was a firehouse. It is on the historic registry and it is zoned residential/commercial so that means we will be living at this nutrition club! Over 5000sf, 2 firepoles, downtown OKC skyline view from the upstairs rooftop patio, and 300 yards from the Midtown Plaza where the Midtown YMCA, McNellie's Pub, Kaiser's, and Irma's are at. We will be turning the fire engine bays into a firehouse themed nutrition club!"

It looks like they are affiliated with Lemon Tree Nutrition on the southside:

http://www.facebook.com/LmnTreeNutrition

Not to change the subject, but I was trolling on craiglist the other day and found this sweet loft off of 6th and Hudson.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/apa/3229488436.html

I would love it if there were more small building transformations like this in Midtown. If I had the money I would totally do it and I think there is a definite market for more building renovations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like this is being turned into a restaurant to be called Firehouse Nutrition
    I'm torn between anger at someone else getting to this before me, and delight that a pretty cool concept is moving in here.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Not to change the subject, but I was trolling on craiglist the other day and found this sweet loft off of 6th and Hudson.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/apa/3229488436.html

I would love it if there were more small building transformations like this in Midtown. If I had the money I would totally do it and I think there is a definite market for more building renovations like this.
    WOW! That place looks slick.

I've been hoping for a while that some of the unused 2nd floors on Automobile alley would do something like this.

That's 711 N. Hudson.

They will also be running Midtown Fitclub. I go to their bootcamps on the southside at Lemon Tree. So, expect a large group of people exercising in public and doing group jogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I sent a PM to Tuck several months ago suggesting that he look into a beer garden / sausage theme for the OKC area... There are a few here in Southern Cal that are very cool and extremely popular.

Hope this happens in Midtown!

Here's a photo of Fassler Hall:

Royal Bavaria in Moore has this vibe IMO.

Isn't that the same group behind the long-awaited Das Boot in Norman?

There is a place that started in downtown LA and expanded to Venice: http://www.wurstkuche.com/

They have gourmet sausages and tons of fantastic beers... Kind of like the a gastropub of beer gardens. Crazy successful and a fantastic concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R011440260001tA.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	2546
    Link for listing.
    http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite...6802=Sat6S545g
    I've been dying to see someone do something with this building. You've got the great covered patio area, and two garage doors that would look as glass garage doors I think it would make a great restaurant location.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Royal Bavaria in Moore has this vibe IMO.
    Royal Bavaria is neat, but Fassler is a really hip place to go in Tulsa. I would love to see this concept in Midtown. Perfect fit for that area.

No doubt it'd be a hit, but I don't think it's the missing piece DT or MidTown, I think a slick, modern 24hr diner is the most needed concept.

24 Diner in Downtown Austin is pretty good, I could see a similar concept doing well in OKC if properly executed.

Thread Information