Widgets Magazine
Page 55 of 383 FirstFirst ... 55051525354555657585960105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 9575

Thread: Streetcar

Default Re: The Modern Streetcar and Commuter Transit Project in MAPS 3 Progresses

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    One of the areas where I have refined my thought process is on the downtown loop/circulator. While I can live with the coupling idea (although I really don't like it either) I am not in favor of a loop that circulates around downtown. The track need to reach out into the residential areas instead of wasting track making circles downtown.
    The "take away" from the council meeting on Tuesday is that is what they think too. They want to see points connected as far out as we can go.

While I cannot speak to the "sentiment" of the committee as a whole yet, it is my intention to look at areas further out of downtown. That is why I was asking for opinions. From what I have heard on here and on the street, Paseo, Plaza, Asian District, JFK/Health Sciences, State Capitol, (towards Stockyards) and Capitol Hill are all "meaningful" destinations that have enough of a "heart" that they warrant evaluation for (Phase 1) track.

It is really easy to draw lines on the map and wish.... but it gets down to the nitty gritty when you start thinking about funds and how to "stretch it."

Since the dialogue is so great on here and people are so supportive, I'll give you an example of some of the thinking that a few of us are testing by walking the streets and punching numbers on calculators.

Transit mall as conceived and generally portrayed to 13th street. Single track in protected lane on Robinson, makes left on 28th or 30th to Paseo. Every third streetcar goes to the end of the line to provide service on 30 minute intervals. Paseo doesn't need 8 or 10 minute rapid service (imo).

Just trying to do some "out of the box" thinking to stretch the MAPS dollar and see how many places we can get to and how many "open ends" we can leave for expansion. If Paseo were chosen, if it was successful, head toward Western Avenue and double track the feeder line and do the same thing over again.

Keep in mind---- hypothetical example. you have to look at turning radius, lane widths, areas for protected lanes, overall length, average mph, stops, and ultimate frequency. Hard to do without actually going out there without the calculator and a measuring wheel- which we are doing.

Default Re: The Modern Streetcar and Commuter Transit Project in MAPS 3 Progresses

Quote Originally Posted by Platemaker View Post
    Even more so than tourists... did you know that all the hotels downtown run 85%+ occupancy Monday through Thursday... almost every week. the great majority of these are business travelers that come downtown 2 or more times per month... I can see these individuals being a a major part of the initial ridership.
    I agree. And the ones who find out about McNellies, make it to McNellies. lol Since they don't have a car, districts with destination lines will certainly benefit (such as the Paseo example above).

It also interfaces with both the Greyhound Station and the current bus transfer station.... and most importantly... it's simple.
    Where are the people that are going to ride it? Hotel guest and office workers on their lunch hour? Anyone going to ride this after 7PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    Transit mall as conceived and generally portrayed to 13th street. Single track in protected lane on Robinson, makes left on 28th or 30th to Paseo. Every third streetcar goes to the end of the line to provide service on 30 minute intervals. Paseo doesn't need 8 or 10 minute rapid service (imo).
    Thumbs up.

During the weekdays (M-Th) well have a good portion of hotel guest riding after 7pm... but again... this was just an idea... I much prefer stretching it as far out as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    How far will people walk in order to catch a ride?
    The "Let's talk Transit Surveys" suggested 57% say the will go 2-3 blocks. 47% say 4 blocks or more. 7% only one block.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Kerry, that looks like the London tube map. How many miles does that system cover? It looks like you've got multiple circulators involving the purple, orange, green and red lines, although it's difficult to know the distances involved so I'm just guessing. And have you ever been on that system to see how intuitive it is for the non-resident? Also, do you know which lines were first? Any idea if the creators and residents love it or if there are things they would change?

A circulator can stop at the hub too, and it can be part of a larger system that extends out further if it is well-planned.
    I am still doing some research on it (everything is written in Norwegian). The Green #11 line is about 6 miles total length. The map is not scaled properly either. From the Frongner plass stop on the #12 line to the Jernbanetoget stop (served by all lines) is 1.6 miles as the crow flies. These tracks don't run near as straight as indicated either; they look like someone dropped spaghetti on the city and there are clearly parts downtown that are no longer used and some other parts still under construction.

Another thing of interest is that only a very small number of stops (even out in the burbs) have parking for cars and what parking is available is only for a few cars. You have to live in high density housing near the station, take a bus, or get dropped off. No one drives their car to the train. It also passes directly though some very nice neighborhoods where you can literally walk out your front door and hop on.

Here we go....

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-...,2940398.story

If you haven't had a chance to see it, take a look at the city council meeting debate.

Ok, here is my concept. It has two lines.

Line 1:
    Mesta Park to Santa Fe station.
    Total length - 2.29 miles
    Future extension to NW23 where it can go to Classen/UCO or continue to neighborhoods north of 23rd. On the south end it can go to Core to Shore/Capitol Hill

Line 2:
    Deep Duce to St. Anthony Hospital
    Total length - 1.14 miles
    Future extension to Classen and neighborhoods west of Classen. On the Deep Duce side if can go to OU Medical/State Capitol

Total system length - 6.86 miles doubled tracked for travel in both direction. I was able to keep the total track to just under 7 miles becasue 1.58 miles of track through downtown is shared by both lines.
    Points served within 1 block:
    Deep Duce
    Cox Center
    Canal
    ATT Ball Park
    Bricktown
    Harkin Theater
    Centenial Plaza
    Devon Tower (old one)
    Devon tower (new one)
    Cutter Tower
    First National
    City Place
    First Oklahoma Tower
    Sandridge
    Bank of Oklahoma
    Leadership Sq
    OKC National Memorial
    Automobile Alley
    Midtown Plaza
    St. Anthonys
    Mesta Park
    Heritage Hills
    and 6 major downtown Hotels (Aloft, Hampton Inn, Courtyard, Renassiance, Shearton, and Colcord) .
    The biggest problem with connecting downtown and residentail is a bunch of empty land that has to traveresed.

10. Default Re: The Modern Streetcar and Commuter Transit Project in MAPS 3 Progresses

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer
    “Before I say what I got up here to say, I’d like to say that I’m really tired of coming to these meetings and seeing somebody with an English accent or an Australian accent that knows nothing about our culture getting up here and telling us what they think we ought to do,” Bates told the council. “They don’t know anything about our history. They just sound silly. I hope you don’t think that because someone has an English accent that they know more than us Okies do.”
    So who is Fannie Bates? She is a left wing nut job (not your typical Oklahoman)

http://fanniebates.wordpress.com/200...-commissioner/

Fannie Bates, a local teacher and activist, has entered the race to become the County Commissioner for Oklahoma County District I.

Bates received her B.S. from OU in 1971 and her M.P.H. from OUHSC in 2001.

She was one of the complainants who successfully attacked TABOR in the Oklahoma Supreme Court.

Bates was one of eleven citizens who successfully attacked the English Only Initiative Petition in 2001.

6. Supporting mass transit within Oklahoma County – including utilization of existing tracks

Wow -talk about hypocrisy
    I've not commented that much in this interesting and useful thread, but I'll add a few comments now.

1. Excellent Thread Award. If nothing else, this thread has certainly been interesting and informative. Some great ideas, points and counterpoints have been rationally expressed all around, and that's all good.

2. Twilight Zone Award. I never heard of Fannie Bates before this discussion, and I was about to ask, "Who is she," but then it was answered as I read on. Her criticism about people with non-Okie accents sounds anything but liberal ... she sounds more like a closet cousin of Sally Kern, I'm thinking, but in a weird, Twilight Zone, sort of way.

3. When We Say Trust Me, Don't Do It Award. Though I consider Pete a friend, he's got to be the recipient of this award. Recall the debate and discussion during the MAPS 3 campaign about the "trust me" factor" in having the MAPS 3 projects only being addressed by Council Resolution and not on the ballot? Remember people wondering if the Council could be trusted to carry through with what was contained in the resolution since they would not be legally required to do so? One of the best members of the City Council has just provided proof that good reason may exist to doubt that the Council can be trusted. Pete's comments at the December council meeting are perhaps the worst group of comments that a city council member has made in recent years (I'm excluding Walters) -- and this is particularly egregious since the comments which he made were not solicited nor were they germane to what was actually before the city council on that day. Pete was just popping off for no apparent reason. Not only that, they were nonsensical. Everyone, EVERYONE, knows that public transit MUST BE SUBSIDIZED in one way or another. Now, to be sure, we could have tolls placed on just about every city street for a pay-as-you-go system, and wouldn't that be fun. Even Pete said that he understood that public transit required public subsidy before the council session ended and that he always voted for it. Go figure. I'm hoping that he will have an epiphany and will beg for forgiveness.

4. Citizenship Awards. These have got to go to Jill Adler (Betts), Jeff Bezdek (Urban Planner), Nick Roberts (Spartan) and the guy with English accent, Mark Gibbs. Hats off to you all. And I like your accent, Mark.

Pete, if you are reading this, sorry to be critical of a friend, but you were way out of line and you had no legitimate reason for saying what you did, since you supported MAPS 3 and are more than well aware of the criticism advanced about the "trust me" approach during the MAPS 3 campaign. Are you wanting us to understand, after that vote, that city council should NOT BE TRUSTED to honor its resolution, made as part of that campaign, or what? Please say that you are sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    You didn't read the link I attached did you. The irony is Travellers is a left-winger that is referencing a fellow left-winger as proof Oklahoma is full of crazy right-wingers.
    If she were an actual left winger, she probably would have my enthusiastic support. Unfortunately, she's just a nutjob -- who obviously holds some right-winger-nativist views. Sometimes it's frankly hard to tell the diff: nutjobs are nutjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    If she were an actual left winger, she probably would have my enthusiastic support. Unfortunately, she's just a nutjob -- who obviously holds some right-winger-nativist views. Sometimes it's frankly hard to tell the diff: nutjobs are nutjobs.
    You didn't follow the link to her website I provided either. Let me just post the whole bio and then we can get back to streetcars. We already talked about Fannie more than we need to.

Actually, never mind. If you can't see the hypocrisy of an activist who files a lawsuit to stop English only and also favors making interpreters available to persons conducting county business, including sign languages and other languages (Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, etc.) commonly spoken in Oklahoma County AND THEN STANDS UP A CITY COUNCIL MEETING AND SAYS WE SHE ABOUT PEOPLE WITH ACCENTS - I can't help you.

13. Default Re: The Modern Streetcar and Commuter Transit Project in MAPS 3 Progresses

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    I've not commented that much in this interesting and useful thread, but I'll add a few comments now.

1. Excellent Thread Award. If nothing else, this thread has certainly been interesting and informative. Some great ideas, points and counterpoints have been rationally expressed all around, and that's all good.

2. Twilight Zone Award. I never heard of Fannie Bates before this discussion, and I was about to ask, "Who is she," but then it was answered as I read on. Her criticism about people with non-Okie accents sounds anything but liberal ... she sounds more like a closet cousin of Sally Kern, I'm thinking, but in a weird, Twilight Zone, sort of way.

3. When We Say Trust Me, Don't Do It Award. Though I consider Pete a friend, he's got to be the recipient of this award. Recall the debate and discussion during the MAPS 3 campaign about the "trust me" factor" in having the MAPS 3 projects only being addressed by Council Resolution and not on the ballot? Remember people wondering if the Council could be trusted to carry through with what was contained in the resolution since they would not be legally required to do so? One of the best members of the City Council has just provided proof that good reason may exist to doubt that the Council can be trusted. Pete's comments at the December council meeting are perhaps the worst group of comments that a city council member has made in recent years (I'm excluding Walters) -- and this is particularly egregious since the comments which he made were not solicited nor were they germane to what was actually before the city council on that day. Pete was just popping off for no apparent reason. Not only that, they were nonsensical. Everyone, EVERYONE, knows that public transit MUST BE SUBSIDIZED in one way or another. Now, to be sure, we could have tolls placed on just about every city street for a pay-as-you-go system, and wouldn't that be fun. Even Pete said that he understood that public transit required public subsidy before the council session ended and that he always voted for it. Go figure. I'm hoping that he will have an epiphany and will beg for forgiveness.

4. Citizenship Awards. These have got to go to Jill Adler (Betts), Jeff Bezdek (Urban Planner), Nick Roberts (Spartan) and the guy with English accent, Mark Gibbs. Hats off to you all. And I like your accent, Mark.

Pete, if you are reading this, sorry to be critical of a friend, but you were way out of line and you had no legitimate reason for saying what you did, since you supported MAPS 3 and are more than well aware of the criticism advanced about the "trust me" approach during the MAPS 3 campaign. Are you wanting us to understand, after that vote, that city council should NOT BE TRUSTED to honor its resolution, made as part of that campaign, or what? Please say that you are sorry.
    Oh Pete White..

City Council has certainly been interesting these last few weeks. I think it was White who talked about the trust factor, but I would be interested if anyone can dig that up, might be useful. But yes, I would have advocated against MAPS 3 if it included bus money or rubber tire money. Simply put, I would have been against it, and I know I was not "confused" about what MAPS 3 was supposed to pay for.

Pete's position isn't anti-transit, it's just that all he wants to point to are the failures of transit in OKC and then call this a frivolous project. It's not a frivolous project, because even though downtown might not seem like a real area for someone living out at 134th and Henney Road, it is for people closer in. The simple reality is that downtown is going to adding thousands and thousands of residential units every decade in a small area, and eventually these will include whatever a "normal person" is to Pete White, which I'm sure is a very narrow and stereotypical definition. He doesn't realize that downtown is where we have to try and revolutionize OKC with proactive planning. He doesn't get it that downtown is the face of OKC and that ALL of our city services and public assets are downtown, and if that's not worth getting people to, I don't know what is.

I agree with him that something MUST be done about the bus service. But for him to be ranting and raving about $40,000 he "scrounged" up for bus service is a kenard, the city spends millions and millions a year on bus service, so I don't even know why he's bringing up $40,000. He's also playing a no-sum game, insisting that nothing changes before buses. He doesn't get it that this money is for capital expenses, and if he wants to play the "how are we going to fund it" and "financially conservative" card, the "tax and spend thing" to do would be to spend $120 million on bus capital expenses, $10 million for another hub that nobody cares about, and then hit the city with a huge annually recurring bill for operating costs which are twice as expensive as with streetcar. That would be the thing that would make me wonder, "Holy crap, how are we going to pay to operate the system?" Including operating costs with the $120 million is not an option because the tax ends in 7 years, anyway, and what are you going to do, put the rest of it in a bus foundation for people to siphon for their own purposes? That's insanity, what is this, Detroit?

I'm not saying his idea is corrupt, because he brings up important points, but he's just not thinking realistically. He's an old crank, with all due respect to the veteran Councilor, who is just fed up with the poor bus service, and I'm with him. I would encourage him to place an item on the agenda soon mandating more funding for COTPA service, bus stops, and switching all of their bus routes to a grid system so it's user-friendly. I would encourage him to get on this now, but not to derail the streetcar proposal at the same time.

14. Default Re: The Modern Streetcar and Commuter Transit Project in MAPS 3 Progresses

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I would encourage him to place an item on the agenda soon mandating more funding for COTPA service, bus stops, and switching all of their bus routes to a grid system so it's user-friendly.
    Nick- I have been thinking about the grid bus system and BRT for a couple of months now, and looking at as much material as I can find as it comes up. There are not a lot of examples of grid bus systems, but there was an interesting KU study that looked at doing BRT and grid buses in Wichita. I think this would be an amazing thing to pursue in OKC.

I like it, Kerry.

Pete White is not the enemy

I for one don't want to see Pete demonized. He may well be misguided about what the streetcar does and not understand the many populations it will serve, and he may well be moving into very treacherous territory as Doug has pointed out.

But I do applaud Pete for standing up for the very poorly served bus riders in the city. The bus system here is a disgrace. Period. Many of us desperately want to see it improved and have supported the Streetcar as part of a long term strategy to realistically improve all transit in the city, especially given the cultural and financial realities we have to deal with. But that doesn't take away from the fact that the bus system fundamentally sucks. Kudos to Jeff for pointing out the hard choices to Council if we want to improve bus service with the budget we've got - retreat to the core. And of course good luck in the current climate with finding a new source of money. But still, thanks for standing up for this, Pete.

17. Default Re: The Modern Streetcar and Commuter Transit Project in MAPS 3 Progresses

Quote Originally Posted by Tier2City View Post

I for one don't want to see Pete demonized. He may well be misguided about what the streetcar does and not understand the many populations it will serve, and he may well be moving into very treacherous territory as Doug has pointed out.

But I do applaud Pete for standing up for the very poorly served bus riders in the city. The bus system here is a disgrace. Period. Many of us desperately want to see it improved and have supported the Streetcar as part of a long term strategy to realistically improve all transit in the city, especially given the cultural and financial realities we have to deal with. But that doesn't take away from the fact that the bus system fundamentally sucks. Kudos to Jeff for pointing out the hard choices to Council if we want to improve bus service with the budget we've got - retreat to the core. And of course good luck in the current climate with finding a new source of money. But still, thanks for standing up for this, Pete.
    This.

I like it, Kerry.
    I added a Phase 2. This is Line 3. It runs from Deep Duce to the City Government Complex and even with double tracking it only adds 1.1 miles of new rail. It actually uses coupling around City Hall and the Performing Arts Center because of the one way streets. I have reached nearly every downtown attraction, midtown, Deep Duce, Bricktown, Automobile Alley, Mesta Park, 6 hotels, and multiple government buildings and I am just at 8 miles of total track and that is with the entire system double tracked for travel in both directions.

New destinations picked up are as follows:

Norick downtown library
    County Court House
    Park Harvey
    City Hall
    Oklahoma City Museum of Art
    City offices
    Performing Arts Center
    County Jail
    Legacy Apartments (both of them)

If I add another 1.2 miles I can get all the way to OU Medical and extend the service of the Red and Black streetcars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tier2City View Post

I'm not going to patronize Pete. He is playing a dangerous game to make a philosophical point. The idea of suggesting that our volunteers do not sympathize with the individuals that have to contend with substandard bus
    connectivity and unprotected stops. The idea that we "don't get it.". It is insulting. Make the grand stand when it is appropriate. We'll stand behind him. But to pit one type of transit against another?

Then you get into the fact that he had months to decide to support or not support. He had the costs. He had the objectives. He endorses. Then "Zoink!", I've changed my mind after I told the voters that this was a good idea. It totally plays into the "credibility" questions.

I think Pete genuinely cares. But play politics when it is appropriate. Don't insult the volunteers who are trying to implement the voter's will after a good, hearty debate has already been had. We don't have the time.

Maybe I should send Pete an old pair of my flip flops. He can honestly say he voted for it before he voted against it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Nope, I meet and have seen lots of Fannie Bates-type people here. I work with quite a few I (and others) would characterize as rednecks, I hear from a lot of other people about creationism, sharia, "keep the tax cuts, they do no harm and are good for the economy", etc. All the (IMO) stupid stuff that I'm just amazed that people still believe and bring into political discourse and decision-making and voting. I get out plenty, I've lived plenty, and yes, crazy/stupid people are everywhere, but I just seem to run across a lot more here and they seem to be taken more seriously here. That's what's discouraging to me.
    Travellers, the only one who seems to take people like that more seriously here is you. I don't see that sentiment too much from anyone else. There certainly are far right-wingers who post here but don't take that to mean they are in the majority here or will have any undue influence and yes you are straying into topics that should be in the politcal forum.

I got this email this morning. Looks like we'll be able to see the early hub sites...fyi

Central Oklahomans Invited to First Meeting on Intermodal Transportation Hub Study

The Association of Central Oklahoma Governments (ACOG) is hosting a public meeting on the Intermodal Transportation Hub Study for Central Oklahoma, to encourage comments and feedback on the initial findings and evaluation of potential hub sites.

When: January 20, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
    Where: Oklahoma City Community Foundation, 1000 N. Broadway

Project consultant, Jacobs, will be available to answer questions and receive comments at the session. There will be a primary presentation at 4:30 p.m., where the Jacobs team will describe the planning and research process.

The major goal of the Hub Study is to recommend the best location and provide a conceptual layout for an intermodal transportation hub that would serve the Oklahoma City metropolitan area.

ACOG serves as the sponsor and coordinating entity for the study. Other funding/study sponsors include the Central Oklahoma Transportation and Parking Authority (COTPA), the city of Oklahoma City and the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT). An Intermodal Hub Study Advisory Committee also includes the cities of Edmond, Midwest City, Norman and Yukon; the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber; railroad representatives; and downtown and transit advocacy organizations.

The meeting location is accessible for people with disabilities. Participants taking public transportation should consider METRO Transit’s Route 2. For more details, call 235-RIDE. Parking is available on the street and in the adjacent lot on the east side of the garage east of OCCF’s building.

In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, ACOG will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.

Call 234-2264 for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    The "take away" from the council meeting on Tuesday is that is what they think too. They want to see points connected as far out as we can go.

While I cannot speak to the "sentiment" of the committee as a whole yet, it is my intention to look at areas further out of downtown. That is why I was asking for opinions. From what I have heard on here and on the street, Paseo, Plaza, Asian District, JFK/Health Sciences, State Capitol, (towards Stockyards) and Capitol Hill are all "meaningful" destinations that have enough of a "heart" that they warrant evaluation for (Phase 1) track.

It is really easy to draw lines on the map and wish.... but it gets down to the nitty gritty when you start thinking about funds and how to "stretch it."

Since the dialogue is so great on here and people are so supportive, I'll give you an example of some of the thinking that a few of us are testing by walking the streets and punching numbers on calculators.

Just trying to do some "out of the box" thinking to stretch the MAPS dollar and see how many places we can get to and how many "open ends" we can leave for expansion. If Paseo were chosen, if it was successful, head toward Western Avenue and double track the feeder line and do the same thing over again.

Keep in mind---- hypothetical example.
    Finally....I really love the idea of streetcar reaching people in existing neighborhoods and that this is finally starting to be talked about more.

I have been wanting this type of streetcar since I voted for it. Never really wanted to see the streetcar be a tourist ride and only wind around and through the downtown / bricktown area. Personally I feel that downtown Okc & Bricktown are both easily walkable and with Project 180 will be more so. People have stated that they are willing to walk nearly 4 blocks in order to ride.

The North Robinson route to the Paseo makes for a great starter track and reaches many resident people in the given distance. This route has more density than many people think it does. Many small apartments, duplexes and four-plex housing along this route.

If there is only one outer neighborhood area from the list (Paseo, Plaza, Asian, Stockyards, etc.) to try and connect, I would vote for the Paseo.

Also look at widening the "transit mall" area to Broadway and Hudson area as opposed to Broadway and Robinson?

The streetcar could span Broadway and Hudson, but at 13th make the turn North along Robinson and up to 28th street. Again Broadway to Hudson is 4 blocks and this could help connect more people, especially in and around Midtown, the Arts District, and the Metro Bus terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post

Also look at widening the "transit mall" area to Broadway and Hudson area as opposed to Broadway and Robinson?

The streetcar could span Broadway and Hudson, but at 13th make the turn North along Robinson and up to 28th street. Again Broadway to Hudson is 4 blocks and this could help connect more people, especially in and around Midtown, the Arts District, and the Metro Bus terminal.
    This was debated intensively, multiple times, at different levels. We have tentatively, collectively decided that it is too big. One reason for this is the sheer length of OKC blocks. The other has to do with elevations. "If you can't see it, it doesn't exist" analogy.

It sounds good and looks good on paper. But when you walk the full length of the route, you begin to realize that its not practical. Particularly for "first time" users.

We want to make sure that the core of the system is "intuitive enough" that people can "sense" what is going on and how it operates without even looking at a map.

Quote Originally Posted by LordGerald View Post
    I got this email this morning. Looks like we'll be able to see the early hub sites...fyi

Central Oklahomans Invited to First Meeting on Intermodal Transportation Hub Study

The Association of Central Oklahoma Governments (ACOG) is hosting a public meeting on the Intermodal Transportation Hub Study for Central Oklahoma, to encourage comments and feedback on the initial findings and evaluation of potential hub sites.

When: January 20, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
    Where: Oklahoma City Community Foundation, 1000 N. Broadway

Project consultant, Jacobs, will be available to answer questions and receive comments at the session. There will be a primary presentation at 4:30 p.m., where the Jacobs team will describe the planning and research process.

The major goal of the Hub Study is to recommend the best location and provide a conceptual layout for an intermodal transportation hub that would serve the Oklahoma City metropolitan area.

ACOG serves as the sponsor and coordinating entity for the study. Other funding/study sponsors include the Central Oklahoma Transportation and Parking Authority (COTPA), the city of Oklahoma City and the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT). An Intermodal Hub Study Advisory Committee also includes the cities of Edmond, Midwest City, Norman and Yukon; the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber; railroad representatives; and downtown and transit advocacy organizations.

The meeting location is accessible for people with disabilities. Participants taking public transportation should consider METRO Transit’s Route 2. For more details, call 235-RIDE. Parking is available on the street and in the adjacent lot on the east side of the garage east of OCCF’s building.

In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, ACOG will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.

Call 234-2264 for more information.

Great opportunity for you guys to challenge the experts.

Thread Information