Widgets Magazine
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 550515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1492

Thread: Classen Curve

1. Default Re: Classen Curve

Good to hear! You always worry about places like that once the honeymoon period wears off.

2. Default Re: Classen Curve

^^^^^^^
    Most successful upscale national credit retailers greatly exceed original sales expectations when they come to OKC. West Elm as an example had - if I recall - the third largest opening in the history of the chain, behind - again if I recall correctly - a store in San Francisco and a store in NYC..

The numbers usually don’t fall off as long as the chain itself remains successful and relevant. According to Jim Parrack at a recent ULI luncheon the word is now out among national credit retailers that OKC tends to outperform on a per square foot basis, and especially outperforms the typical income/radius model used in site selection due to how mobile and willing to drive the populace is. Bodes well for adding to the mix of national retailers in the future; the main problem right now (other than the rapidly-shifting national retail landscape) is a lack of acceptable locations for many who’d like to come here.

Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    Most successful upscale national credit retailers greatly exceed original sales expectations when they come to OKC. West Elm as an example had - if I recall - the third largest opening in the history of the chain, behind - again if I recall correctly - a store in San Francisco and a store in NYC..

The numbers usually don’t fall off as long as the chain itself remains successful and relevant. According to Jim Parrack at a recent ULI luncheon the word is now out among national credit retailers that OKC tends to outperform on a per square foot basis, and especially outperforms the typical income/radius model used in site selection due to how mobile and willing to drive the populace is. Bodes well for adding to the mix of national retailers in the future; the main problem right now (other than the rapidly-shifting national retail landscape) is a lack of acceptable locations for many who’d like to come here.
    I agree with this. It would be nice if OKC could get retailers like Costco, REI, Rooms To Go, Cost Plus World Market, Urban Outfitters, etc in the near future. Some of those its hard to believe still aren't here. What OKC needs is a modern outdoor upscale lifestyle center. I though that Chisholm Creek would have more retail focus but thus far has been primarily restaurants and other forms of entertainment. Hopefully the NIMBY issues with the Classen Curve expansion get resolved soon as that will be a huge boon for OKC retail.

4. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I agree with this. It would be nice if OKC could get retailers like Costco, REI, Rooms To Go, Cost Plus World Market, Urban Outfitters, etc in the near future. Some of those its hard to believe still aren't here. What OKC needs is a modern outdoor upscale lifestyle center. I though that Chisholm Creek would have more retail focus but thus far has been primarily restaurants and other forms of entertainment. Hopefully the NIMBY issues with the Classen Curve expansion get resolved soon as that will be a huge boon for OKC retail.
    Aren't we in the beginning stages of getting Costco, REI, and Cost Plus World Market or did some of those fall through?

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Aren't we in the beginning stages of getting Costco, REI, and Cost Plus World Market or did some of those fall through?
    REI is supposed to go in the Classen Curve expansion which is currently being held up by NIMBY opposition. Not sure on Costco or World Market.

Warby Parker open, Bonobos getting close:

Moved the posts specific to Warby Parker to that thread:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=43822

It was announced that lululemon is moving to the new east building by the end of the year I believe. I haven't heard what is going in their old spot.

42nd Street Candy Co. is reopening in a small space within Balliets:

https://newsok.com/article/5597776/a...a-new-okc-home

According to their website, Coldwater Creek is coming to Classen Curve as well - this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo1 View Post
    According to their website, Coldwater Creek is coming to Classen Curve as well - this summer
    This is surprising being that they pulled out of this market a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo1 View Post
    Yep, they Already have construction signage up for it.

Coldwell Creek and relocated and enlarged Lululemon now open.

Another new-to-Oklahoma retailer is opening soon at Classen Curve, Scout & Molly's:

Blog Entries

We were over at CC Sunday afternoon and the place was hopping. Scotters running all over the place, people going to Republic, the bakery had a line and also lots of shoppers walking the area. Parking was almost full, but not a problem. I had not been there on a weekend in a while - it looked like a thriving place.

Just wait until Sur la Table opens. That will be their busiest store for sure, although Republic will always be the biggest overall draw.

Blog Entries

I guess Kendra Scott runs a 50% off one item special for people's birthday month - so last day of the month the line was out the door at that store alone! Who knew!

^

That Kendra Scott store is insanely busy. Every time I go by there you see tons of women coming and going.

A former co-worker did the interiors of the first Kendra Scott store in Austin. She has pretty left interior design and went into the jewelry making business.

Looks like the former drive-through bank branch at SE/C NW 63rd and Grand is slated for demolition soon (ominous "MW" spray painted). That has to be a good sign for future development, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Looks like the former drive-through bank branch at SE/C NW 63rd and Grand is slated for demolition soon (ominous "MW" spray painted). That has to be a good sign for future development, right?
    Yes.

I think they are close to cranking up the big infill piece.

They've done a nice job of filling vacancy at both the Curve and NH Plaza, so they probably are ready to start adding more space.

Will we see the entire development move forward at once or will they build it out in small phases like Chisholm Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Will we see the entire development move forward at once or will they build it out in small phases like Chisholm Creek?
    My understanding is that it would be all at once.

Not sure of the retail and restaurant tenants but there would be the large apartment complex with structured parking as well.

And the hotel along Western is moving forward but not to the point of being a done deal.

So, pretty much all that vacant land could disappear in the near future.

Thank you for the update! This will be one of the nicest shopping areas when it is finished. Can’t wait to see more renderings and subsequently—hopefully—movement on the site.

With the announcement of REI and the BRT corridor along NW Expressway, I really hope they put in some sort of shopping shuttle between Penn Square and Classen Curve/NHP

Thread Information