Widgets Magazine
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 44950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1492

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe the lawsuit issues are being resolved and they still plan to move forward.

In the meantime, they are expanding Classen Curve, just about completely filling that center, and have done a great job of filling up NH Plaza as well. BTW, Winter House Interiors is moving from CC to the long-empty space west of Trader Joe's and Bassett will take the old Winter House space.

These guys know what they are doing and have already brought in a bunch of great new-to-market merchants.
    Thanks for the update!

I agree, things have progressed quite a bit from where they were just a few years ago. The new development anchored by REI will really bring the entire area together.

Took this today, as it happens.

The expansion is moving quickly and I'm sure the goal is to get at least the western section open by the holidays. That is already completely pre-leased and is already closed in, with applications in for all the tenant build-out.

The eastern part is a little behind and no tenants for those spaces have been announced as of yet.

I wish Balliets wasn't so tucked away from everything on the end. I'm sure they do great business where they are, I just wish they were more front and center. It's a beautiful store.

Winter House and the shave shop will soon be moving into their new spaces in NH Plaza to make room for Bassett Furniture, which will take that entire far south building.

The western building of the new expansion should be complete in the next couple of months with Athleta, Evereve and Soft Surroundings, as well as Board Room Salon for Men and Francesca’s.

No tenants announced yet for the east building.

Uptown Kids and the related candy company have closed shop.

The furniture store that was to the immediate west has been gone for a while as well.

Just bad concepts for that space, or slowdown in traffic due to construction?

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Just bad concepts for that space, or slowdown in traffic due to construction?
    I shopped at Uptown Kids a few times and never liked the clothes they were offering. They felt like styles that were 10 years behind. Rylee and Cru, loola, Oeuf, Soft Gallery, theminiklassy, Yoli and Otis, Jean and June are all modern brands that mom's like. It's too bad, because there really aren't many kids' clothing stores in town.

I'm not sure candy is a thing that ensures a lot of traffic either.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I shopped at Uptown Kids a few times and never liked the clothes they were offering. They felt like styles that were 10 years behind. Rylee and Cru, loola, Oeuf, Soft Gallery, theminiklassy, Yoli and Otis, Jean and June are all modern brands that mom's like. It's too bad, because there really aren't many kids' clothing stores in town.

I'm not sure candy is a thing that ensures a lot of traffic either.
    I liked the kind of toys they were selling, but it was a very small collection. A good comparison store would be the Learning Tree on North Western, they have the same kind of toys but are much bigger and have more variety of stuff. Even their second store in Edmond seemed like it had more selections than Uptown Kids.

I think if they focused on one thing, either clothes or toys/supplies, they might have been more successful. And while I liked their play area inside, it also seemed like it took up a lot of valuable retail space.

I hope adding housing nearby can help, but Classen Curve is just so poorly designed that it makes it hard on the tenants. The retail spaces are far too wide and the entire place is designed for cars. For the most part, you drive to where you want to go and leave. Even though I like some businesses there, I never actually walk the development and I love walking. That means, any businesses have to bring their own customers. They really just can't count on foot traffic.

It might be better once the new shops are all build. Right now most of the shops are all on the same side and you just end up walking past each store twice if you park somewhere and walk to all the different places. Once both sides are build you can make a true loop and window shop at all the places.

I, for one, have a difficult time navigating the Curve shops from Classen, as in, I never know exactly which entrance to use, and by the time I identify it, I've passed it and have to make a u-turn. Plus, they've got a few drives that look like entrances that are really just for dumpsters. Add to that trying to exit onto Classen from the shops, and the difficulty seeing cars coming around the curve (most of which are traveling way too fast), and it's just not enjoyable to me.

I admit, I'm an old man and those shops aren't really going for my demographic anyway. Chisholm Creek is much more my speed.

When Classen Curve was built with Chesapeake funds, Aubrey McClendon stated the goal was to only have local tenants.

The company also heavily subsidized tenants through reduced rent and moving and build-out allowances.

Since Glimcher / Washington Prime bought the property, they have brought in mainly national and regional tenants, all of high quality and some completely new to the city and state.

It seems we'll continue to see some of these local retailers not renew their leases and be replaced. Given the track record of the new owners, that may be a good thing.

The candy shop was a bad concept for the area. I have been in the kids clothes store but didn't really see anything that stood out to me.

I agree with Dan, it's car-centric. I go to a barber at Carwin's Shave Shop and would just drive up to the door, get my hair cut and leave. Now Carwin's has moved to Nichols Hills Plaza.

Cos Bar found customer database match at Classen Curve

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record September 22, 2017

OKLAHOMA CITY – In the last two years Cos Bar USA Inc. has expanded quickly, and the growth curve has brought the chain to Oklahoma City.

Connecticut-based equity firm Tengram Partners invested in Cos Bar in 2015. With the money, the luxury cosmetics retailer was able to look at expanding beyond its existing 14 stores.

Tengram hired David Olsen as the Cos Bar CEO in 2016 and the company immediately brought in Forum Analytics LLC to study its customer database.

Forum analyzed customers’ credit card spending and matched it to locations nationwide. It also put the customers in categories based on what they spend on certain items.

“Oklahoma City was high on the list,” Olsen said. “We knew it was in the top 50 cities right out of the gate.”

Once Oklahoma City made the list, Olsen had to find a place for the store. Cos Bar stores are 1,000-to-2,000 square feet. A tenant’s representative pointed Cos Bar to Classen Curve, so Olsen came to visit last year.

“I immediately knew it was right, just driving around Nichols Hills and Oklahoma City,” he said. “With Classen Curve and their tenancy and where they’re looking to expand, it really aligned with our customers and what we’re doing. We got really excited about the space.”

Blanton Property Co. is handling the leasing at Classen Curve, The Triangle, and Nichols Hills Plaza. Washington Prime Group owns the centers. Broker Laci Jackson Ravina said Blanton Property and Washington Prime felt like it was a big win to get Cos Bar at Classen Curve.

“The fact that they chose Oklahoma City as a viable market was really great,” she said. “They’re in some really good places, such as Newport Beach, California, and Charleston, South Carolina. A lot of centers are competing for them.”

The store opened in August, but held a grand opening Thursday night. It is the only Cos Bar in the state.

Ravina said Cos Bar is one of the most relevant retailers of the time because it focuses on customer service, has a small space, and targets prime locations.

“The cosmetics category is really active right now because you can’t go try new products online,” she said. “They’re really relevant in today’s retail market.”

Olsen said the Oklahoma City store is the first of Cos Bar’s new look. It took 18 months to come up with the new modern design, which represents Cos Bar in the most positive way, he said. While at the store during Thursday night’s event, he said he heard people say they were excited that Oklahoma City had the new design first, rather than Dallas. The Dallas store will open in December.

“We’re obviously looking closely at Tulsa,” he said. “It would be the next logical city in the state. We’re planning our 2018 pipeline.”

Cos Bar is the start of several new stores opening in the three centers before the year ends. Ravina said Athleta, Evereve, Boardroom men’s salon, Francesca’s, Soft Surroundings, and Bassett Furniture are under construction in Classen Curve. Hollywood Feed pet food store and Hopdoddy Burger Bar are filling space in Nichols Hills Plaza.

And there’s more to come, she said, with several new-to-market retail announcements coming in the next 60 days. She credited the late Aubrey McClendon for having the vision to build the three centers that are attracting high-end retailers.

“Traditionally, a lot of retailers chose Tulsa over Oklahoma City,” she said. “Oklahoma City never had the environment for these retailers. Thanks to Aubrey and his vision, the environment is here. Sales are strong and they keep getting better and better.”

16. Default Re: Classen Curve

I didn't know we were getting a Hopdoddy. I love those burgers.

Tenants starting to open in the new section of this development.

As this addition starts to comw into focus, I really like how they blended the new architecture into what was there before. Similar but with some brick and different elements.

Everything is now open in the western building of the new addition except for the salon.

The eastern section is being painted with a big mural which indicates they won't be finishing out any of those spaces for a while and I'm not aware of any new leases there.

Bassett Furniture is almost complete at the far south end and Winter House Interiors and the Shave Shop have moved next to Trader Joe's in NH Plaza.

Warby Parker has filed a building permit application for a 1,000 SF space in the area formerly occupied by Uptown Kids.

Will be the first Oklahoma store.

20. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Warby Parker has filed a building permit application for a 1,000 SF space in the area formerly occupied by Uptown Kids.

Will be the first Oklahoma store.

Makes sense. They didn't make the move over to Shop Good's new location did they? Will be a good counter-balance to the high-end options at Black Optical.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Makes sense. They didn't make the move over to Shop Good's new location did they? Will be a good counter-balance to the high-end options at Black Optical.
    Correct, Shop Good no longer carries Warby Parker and the person there told me that that is likely due to them opening their dedicated store.

Warby Parker is already trying to hire for their new location.

Everything But Water just filed a building permit application for Classen Curve.

Will be their first store in OK.

From their website:

ABOUT US
    Your destination for a chic vacation wardrobe, pool party outfit or summer style refresh. Everything But Water offers the most exciting names in swim and resort fashion year-round. The curated assortment includes of-the-moment swimsuits, cover ups, sundresses, hats, handbags, jewelry, sandals and travel accessories. You'll also find exclusive pieces from influential designers and an extensive selection of D+ cup and bra-sized swimwear.

At luxurious stores coast-to-coast, personal attention from savvy sales associates transforms the swim shopping experience into a relaxed me-moment. A winning website boasts an unparalleled collection and editorial insight into the latest trends.

For 30 years, Everything But Water has inspired stunning getaways and celebrated the head-to-sandy-toe beach lifestyle.

This development keeps bringing new to State retailers (Bonobos and EBW). I will not use EBW, but will definitely use Bonobos, so I am glad we have a development like this!

24. Default Re: Classen Curve

Pete, how are places like Anthropologie and West Elm doing?

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Pete, how are places like Anthropologie and West Elm doing?
    A manager at Athropolgie told me they routinely far exceeded their projected revenues.

And I'm a big West Elm fan and that place always seems busy.

Thread Information