Widgets Magazine
Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 449505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1500

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I forgot to post this, but I go to the 39th and almost Portland location about once a week. They have self checkout at that location. The first time I used it, they said they were going to be added to all of the stores. So far, I haven't seen them at any other locations.

3. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I forgot to post this, but I go to the 39th and almost Portland location about once a week. They have self checkout at that location. The first time I used it, they said they were going to be added to all of the stores. So far, I haven't seen them at any other locations.
    They have it at the location at Hwy 66 & Kilpatrick, which is a much newer location that 39th & Portland.

They have it at some of their oldest locations in the Metro as well - 59th & Western and 15th & Air Depot were both recently renovated to add in the self-checkout lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    They have it at the location at Hwy 66 & Kilpatrick, which is a much newer location that 39th & Portland.
    Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    They have it at some of their oldest locations in the Metro as well - 59th & Western and 15th & Air Depot were both recently renovated to add in the self-checkout lanes.
    That explains it. Those are not in my neck of the woods, so I haven't seen them.

They sure must make a ton of money on these places.

They've been spending a fortune on just land, keep buying more property and don't build on it for nearly a decade, obviously construct large-scale facilities, and they are constantly upgrading stores with new entrances, kitchen expansions, and now self check-out.

It would be interesting to know revenue and profit for a typical location.

I noticed the OnCue I frequent at 150th and May has removed the green "Top Tier" stickers from all the pumps. Hoping this is just a promotional change over?

I'm assuming OnCue is keeping their Top Tier Gas or did something change?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I noticed the OnCue I frequent at 150th and May has removed the green "Top Tier" stickers from all the pumps. Hoping this is just a promotional change over?

I'm assuming OnCue is keeping their Top Tier Gas or did something change?
    Well that's not very comforting! I know Phillips66 is a top tier gas so as long as they are partnered wit that brand we should be good. I'll have to take a closer look at the one I frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Well that's not very comforting! I know Phillips66 is a top tier gas so as long as they are partnered wit that brand we should be good. I'll have to take a closer look at the one I frequent.
    I think Top Tier is more of a marketing thing than anything else. Just like made in USA, Cerified Organic or zero sugar. I see Top Tier logos on at run down Valero and Alon Stations.

. . .off topic question. . .are the On Cue prices the same across all stations or do they vary from station to station (possibly due to traffic counts?)

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    . . .off topic question. . .are the On Cue prices the same across all stations or do they vary from station to station (possibly due to traffic counts?)
    They vary and I suspect the biggest factor is the prices at stations on the same corner or very nearby.

At NE 23rd and Santa Fe, OnCue planning to add 4 additional gas pumps to the north and extend the existing canopy to cover them.

Clearly, they aren't worried about EVs taking over from gas anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    At NE 23rd and Santa Fe, OnCue planning to add 4 additional gas pumps to the north and extend the existing canopy to cover them.

Clearly, they aren't worried about EVs taking over from gas anytime soon.
    I have heard estimates it is around 20 years after an ICE vehicle is sold it would be off the road, even the aggressive political pushes are aiming for new sales to be 100% EV around 2035, so even if that were to happen may be beyond the lifecycle of the pumps anyway. Plus their have been various critiques about 2035 being unlikely due to issues ranging from power distribution to several base materials in EVs only have a small fraction of what would be needed mined per year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I have heard estimates it is around 20 years after an ICE vehicle is sold it would be off the road, even the aggressive political pushes are aiming for new sales to be 100% EV around 2035, so even if that were to happen may be beyond the lifecycle of the pumps anyway. Plus their have been various critiques about 2035 being unlikely due to issues ranging from power distribution to several base materials in EVs only have a small fraction of what would be needed mined per year.
    On a lot of my consulting jobs where I created business plans, I used to say that I can fairly well predict what is likely to happen, but I am less sure about WHEN it will happen. There are a lot of extenuating circumstances regarding changes as radical as going electric from ICEs. Price of oil, for one. A full out war in the ME and crude at $200 would likely catapult the EV business. Breakthroughs in battery technology, power distribution, etc., etc. Most will happen, it is just when. And politics has little to do with it. Economics and demand will rule over time. Other influences will come to bear too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    On a lot of my consulting jobs where I created business plans, I used to say that I can fairly well predict what is likely to happen, but I am less sure about WHEN it will happen. There are a lot of extenuating circumstances regarding changes as radical as going electric from ICEs. Price of oil, for one. A full out war in the ME and crude at $200 would likely catapult the EV business. Breakthroughs in battery technology, power distribution, etc., etc. Most will happen, it is just when. And politics has little to do with it. Economics and demand will rule over time. Other influences will come to bear too.
    My reference to politics was mainly they are the group with the most aggressive timeline on transition, if industry behind EVs had a more optimistic date I would have gone with that.

At least some estimates place the theoretical limit with current battery tech production around 10% of yearly vehicle sales, based on the worldwide availability of the materials needed, sure that can change over time but it likely will be slower than the 2035 date. So the breakthrough in battery tech we really need is materials that are cheaper / more common but still with similar energy density to lithium batteries, some of the research sounds promising but that is still likely years from impacting if does work. Breakthroughs in power distribution seem less likely to rush things, as even if were game changing probably would be rolled out over decades.

If a full on price spike to $200 happened in next few years probably would get the export ban on crude back in effect, which went into effect in the 70s but only lifted in 2015. The US is around net independent anyway, the main issue right now is a lot of our refineries were designed for lower grades of crude since before improvements in drilling the last couple decades, the expectation was the need was going to be for harder to refine grades of crude not simpler to refine crude. If the refiners could not handle that problem in a timely manor, it still seems unlikely would be able to massively ramp EV production quickly. If anything quickest alternative would be to dust off the concept of converting ICE vehicles to run with CNG, and even that would be a mess.

Finally getting busy on May just north of NW Ex:

May & NW Ex:

It's interesting that they are moving on this location before 13th and Classen. I wonder when that one will finally get moving.

^

I believe the City has to first rework that intersection, and before that was the construction on the BRT station on the east side of Classen.

I have been working with JoBeth Hamon to ensure this project does not move forward.

Under 2022 Oklahoma Statutes
    Title 37A. Alcoholic Beverage
    §37A-2-139. Bottle club, mixed beverage or beer and wine establishment - Minimum distance from schools or churches.
    It shall be unlawful for any mixed beverage establishment, beer and wine establishment or bottle club which has been licensed by the ABLE Commission and which has as its main purpose the selling or serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, or package store, to be located within three hundred (300) feet of any public or private school or church property primarily and regularly used for worship services and religious activities

Legally On Cue cannot be issued an alcoholic beverage license since the charter school across the street has broken ground.

Quote Originally Posted by RRCo View Post
    I have been working with JoBeth Hamon to ensure this project does not move forward.

Under 2022 Oklahoma Statutes
    Title 37A. Alcoholic Beverage
    §37A-2-139. Bottle club, mixed beverage or beer and wine establishment - Minimum distance from schools or churches.
    It shall be unlawful for any mixed beverage establishment, beer and wine establishment or bottle club which has been licensed by the ABLE Commission and which has as its main purpose the selling or serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, or package store, to be located within three hundred (300) feet of any public or private school or church property primarily and regularly used for worship services and religious activities

Legally On Cue cannot be issued an alcoholic beverage license since the charter school across the street has broken ground.
    that is not what a gas station is ..

this project will move forward ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    that is not what a gas station is ..

this project will move forward ..
    In Oklahoma City, a "beer and wine establishment" typically refers to a business that holds a specific license to sell beer and wine for off-premise consumption. This type of establishment can range from grocery stores and convenience stores to specialty wine and beer shops.

I have also funded an environmental impact study illustrating the health impacts to homes within 500 ft due to adverse effects due to benzene and other gas station emissions.

The primary reason that this project hasn't made progress is due to the law cited above. Secondary reasons are local pushback from residents nearby like me.

This project is terrible for the city and the residents that have to live next to this eyesore. Our neighborhood is not a thoroughfare, or some cesspool you refill your car on the way to work. People live here. We deserve walkable streets and clean air.

My money is where my mouth is...

The primary reason that this project hasn't made progress is due to the law cited above. Secondary reasons are local pushback from residents nearby like me.
    lol nope and nope

In Oklahoma City, a "beer and wine establishment" typically refers to a business that holds a specific license to sell beer and wine for off-premise consumption. This type of establishment can range from grocery stores and convenience stores to specialty wine and beer shops.

I have also funded an environmental impact study illustrating the health impacts to homes within 500 ft due to adverse effects due to benzene and other gas station emissions.

This project is terrible for the city and the residents that have to live next to this eyesore. Our neighborhood is not a thoroughfare, or some cesspool you refill your car on the way to work. People live here. We deserve walkable streets and clean air.

And you will lose your money. Which you deserve to.

Ignorance csnt and shouldn't and won't be rewarded.

LOL. Stopping a multi-million dollar investment and something the majority of people want over some bogus reasons, great work youre doing...

Also LOL at you saying Western, Classen and 13th isnt a thoroughfare when in fact they are. Or saying the neighborhood isnt some cesspool but I guess are ok with the run down 7-11 that has had multiple shootings over the last few years? Or thinking this will only be for people who are driving to work and not actually used by the thousands of downtown dwellers.

Thread Information