Widgets Magazine
Page 54 of 486 FirstFirst ... 44950515253545556575859104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 12127

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by David Pollard View Post
    Wow! Pretty impressive for a construction project that had so many sceptics. Woo Hoo OKC! Let's hope that we see a lightning pace of construction. Anyone know what the estimate is for the superstructure to reach ground level and then start rising?
    Once they start it could go as fast as 4 to 6 months depending on weather and work crews based on what I've read.

The superstructure isn't the time consuming part, its finishing it off that takes awhile. For those who are unfamiliar with large building construction it may catch you a bit off guard...finishing out the inside running 50 floors of cables/wiring, various types of insulation, carpet, plumbing etc all take a LONG time.

2. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

In those pictures, the scene looks very chaotic. I still can not see how builders know how to perfectly build something so massive.

As articles have stated, it should start going vertical in early 2010 and should be close to topping off by the end of 2010, as OUGrad pointed out, the putting on glass, carpet, wiring, finishes is what takes the bulk of time. Remember, they're providing all these finishes and infrastructure for over 1 million sq. feet of space. That's a lot of paint and wayyyyyyyyy more wiring.

It's the big boy version of Legos, with lots of lil' bitty drawings done in blue ink Thunder.

10/13/09 11:30a
    Note the demolition all the way to Hudson along Sheridan.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    points? are they trying to level up?
    Yeah, I think if they get 3 points they get an automatic +1 armor bonus to all energy attacks..

I'm glad you guys are taking pics of the project and I do hope there is a web cam provided soon.

I kept asking myself how I was going to cope with not having a web cam to view after they got done adding 1,000,000 square feet horizontally for the WEZ at Boone Pickens Stadium over the last three years. Now, whether it is by web cam or still pics, I'll get to see a new 1.8 million square foot project go vertically--for the next four years. Everyday will be good!

They started demolishing the fountain along Sheridan about 45 minutes ago.

pics?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    pics?
    sorry, I left the camera at home to charge.

Video Update:

NewsOK

Steve, I didn't hear anything in your video, but any chance you asked Chip Minty if they will have a construction webcam, or even realize the importance of getting one?

Since today was my first day back in office after 10 days, I had too much to haul in to carry camera. I've put it in my bag now so will take some shots tomorrow. I've got an awesome view from 4th floor, southwest corner of IRS building.

It's mesmerizing to watch the slow but steady work - I had to close blinds to get my work done!

The trek from parking garage on Hudson and Sheridan to work was a bit scary at 5 AM - I went down south sidewalk on Sheridan and there were spooky moving shadows among trees in MG.

I think I'll try longer way tomorrow - north on Hudson to street in front of library, then east to Harvey. It looks like I can cut through part of garage from Harvey - can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    I think I'll try longer way tomorrow - north on Hudson to street in front of library, then east to Harvey. It looks like I can cut through part of garage from Harvey - can anyone confirm?
    Yes you can, just cut through the East garage and then go in between Corporate Tower and IRS building.

14. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Speaking of construction webcams, here's the one OU has set up showing the construction of U2's stage setup for this week's show. It's not Devon tower news, but humor me. All of the construction webcam talk made me want to share.

15. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Also, it's more exciting before 5 PM.

Thanks to everyone for posting the ongoing pictures of the site demolition. IT really helps to see the progress from one development junki that has followed this towers path from its inception. It does my heart good to see the OKC I have always known get the exposure that it deserves! Let the dust Fly!

10/13/09 - 6:30pm - It's foggy up there !

No more fountain!!!

Thanks Platemaker.

Curious, and forgive my bad recall if you've already noted, but where are you positioned for these shots of yours?

13th floor window of the Colcord.

Wow! The fountain is gone in a hurry.

Looks like they may be recycling after all. I see some steel beams set aside and piles. Maybe they didn't want to mess with the rebar in the contrete as it is way too much trouble, but the larger metal beams they can recycle. Anyone have any shots from today?

metro, concrete can be recycled with the rebar still in it. They crush the concrete and remove the rebar with magnets.

It's a common practice and I'm sure Devon is not just throwing all that in a landfill.

Thanks Pete, we all may learn something yet.

MadMonk Guest

Sorry for the poor quality, I keep forgetting to bring my camera so my cellphone will have to do for now.

Yesterday morning from 2nd floor parking garage:

Today from my office window:

10/14/09 3:00pm

It's hard to tell but they are actually hitting earth now... the heavy equipment you see are peeling up the lower level concrete floor.

Thread Information