Widgets Magazine
Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 44950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1745

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Blog Entries

Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Thank god WS is coming back, which means more Pumpkin bread, noodles and of course peppermint bark to buy . I wonder if a department store type like Macy's would move there since they've been opening smaller and nicer format stores.
    The Macy’s across the street doesn’t do well at all. Macy’ has really slid.

2. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Pete, since PB and WS are moving/opening at Oak, do you think PB Kids will be a part of that as well? I assume West Elm has a long term lease at Classen and Grand, but it would be cool to see other new to market stores like PBK or GreenRow, which is a part of the PB family.
    There used to be a PB Kids at Penn Square before where F21 is years ago. It did not do the volume needed and closed shop. I could see maybe some of their stuff within the PB store but not a full fledged store.

I know OAK talked to Design Within Reach (which I personally love) but I think that deal died for some reason.

I know they are trying to bring in a good mix with several apparel tenants. Unfortunately, Zara is a no-go.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    it should be it is a higher category of restaurant at a higher price point ..
    I agree. But according to some on here, it’s a “fast food” place that’s “mediocre.”

5. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I know OAK talked to Design Within Reach (which I personally love) but I think that deal died for some reason.

I know they are trying to bring in a good mix with several apparel tenants. Unfortunately, Zara is a no-go.
    Was Zara on the fence or a no thank you from the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    Was Zara on the fence or a no thank you from the beginning?
    I think they never even considered the site or OKC.

Steel going up for Arhaus; work has started on Capital Grille.

. . .and forecast to when Capital Grille will open?

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    . . .and forecast to when Capital Grille will open?
    Like in fall of 2024 with the rest of the complex.

Do you think phase 1 will be completely open or still under construction when Phase 2 starts?

Do you think phase 1 will be completely open or still under construction when Phase 2 starts?
    Well, Pottery Barn is almost sure to start before Phase 1 is completed.

Maybe the same for the office building.

The restaurants to the west (which is technically Phase 3) might not start until after Phase 1 is open; all depends on who they can get to sign on the line which is dotted.

Well, Pottery Barn is almost sure to start before Phase 1 is completed.

Maybe the same for the office building.

The restaurants to the west (which is technically Phase 3) might not start until after Phase 1 is open; all depends on who they can get to sign on the line which is dotted.
    For clarification, are you talking about the restaurants on the back side of the apartments or something else?

Marlin Bar, Williams Sonoma and a free-standing Pottery Barn are the latest additions to OAK at NW Expressway and Penn.

Press release:

OKLAHOMA CITY (Nov. 2, 2023) – Ryan McNeill of Veritas Development today announced Williams Sonoma, Tommy Bahama Marlin Bar, and Pottery Barn as the latest concepts joining OAK, the 20-acre mixed-use district rising at 5101 North Pennsylvania Ave. in Oklahoma City. Opening September 2024, the retailers join a previously announced lineup of new-to-market brands, including Mesero, RH, Arhaus, and Capital Grille.

“We’ve been carefully listening to the community on the types of retailers and restaurants they want at OAK, and we’re proud to announce the latest lineup of best-in-class brands joining the project,” said McNeill. “With our sights set on next year’s grand opening, we’re proud to be another step closer to bringing an unequaled retail, residential and hospitality experience to OAK.”

Williams Sonoma
    A leading specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home, Williams Sonoma is known for providing world-class service and an engaging customer experience, including in-store cooking classes and tastings conducted by expert culinary staff. Williams Sonoma will open in a 5,500-square-foot space facing the activated lawn.

Tommy Bahama
    Tommy Bahama’s new restaurant concept, the Tommy Bahama Marlin Bar, will become the first Oklahoma location for the brand’s hybrid dining and shopping experience. The 8,000-square-foot space opens to the heart of the project and includes an expansive patio for indoor-outdoor dining that can be enclosed to accommodate the colder months. The restaurant will feature a fun-filled bar with signature cocktails and shareable food. The space also includes a retail store with the Tommy Bahama men’s and women’s sportswear, activewear and swim collections, as well as home entertaining and décor items.

“We’re excited to bring our new Marlin Bar concept to OAK,” said Doug Wood, CEO of Tommy Bahama. “Over the last 30 years, we have seen how our guests enjoy shopping at Tommy Bahama when it is combined with a restaurant. It's one of the ways Tommy Bahama is different from other lifestyle brands. We developed the Marlin Bar concept to create a more casual way for our guests to enjoy the Tommy Bahama shopping and dining experience. I know that our Oklahoma guests are going to love our new space.”

Pottery Barn
    Pottery Barn, a premier specialty retailer for casual, comfortable and stylish home furnishings for all life stages and every room, will open in a 12,420-square-foot space at OAK. The brand is dedicated to beautiful ideas for real life, quality products that are crafted to last, sustainability and service.

OAK’s first phase includes 135,000 square feet of retail, a 132-key boutique Lively Hotel, 320 upscale apartments and a central greenspace activated with more than 100 community events per year. A future phase of the project includes 100,000 square feet of loft office space and an additional 85,000 square feet of retail. Open Realty’s Michael Nagy and Chris Speciale are leading retail leasing efforts on behalf of OAK.

At the heart of the project, two remarkable art installations will become new landmarks for Oklahoma City. OAK ownership invested $2 million in the sculptures, known as Cloud Trees and Cloud Puncher, to create a memorable experience in OAK’s 7,000-square-foot community lawn and the common areas. The artist team, which includes Brad Oldham and Christy Coltrin of Brad Oldham Sculpture, will also create the Mighty Live OAK sculpture, which will become the arrival sign for the district. In addition, OAK’s ownership team will work with local artists to create murals and artful encounters throughout the property.

Gatehouse Capital is leading the development of Lively Hotel, a boutique hotel concept by Hilton™. As Oklahoma’s first Tapestry Collection hotel, Lively Hotel will include a 3,050-square-foot bar and restaurant; an elevated amenity deck with a 2,400-square-foot outdoor bar and activated pool area; a fitness center; and over 2,600 square feet of meeting space. At the ground floor, the hotel will feature 13,500 square feet of retail space.

Veritas has engaged Mintwood Real Estate as the multifamily development partner to create a first-of-its-kind residential experience for Oklahoma City. OAK’s apartment community will have curated interior finishes, including quartz countertops, walk-in closets, and powder baths. The building amenities include a first-class fitness center featuring a kid’s playroom, private work and conference rooms, an entertainment suite featuring a golf simulator and shared kitchen, a resort-style pool and elevated courtyards.

McNeill is joined by Everett Dobson and the Dobson family as partners in the multi-phased mixed-use project.

Great announcements!

I was holding out hope for Crate and Barrel but it's hard to imagine them adding that now given all of the other home goods stores in the mix.

I never noticed the indentions in the apartments on the south side of the development. I would assume that is to create common space between the apartments above the retail?

I never noticed the indentions in the apartments on the south side of the development. I would assume that is to create common space between the apartments above the retail?
    Correct:

17. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

That is going to be one busy area. Well done.

The Tommy Bahama was hiding in plain site on the plans. When my husband and I visit Sarasota Florida he always likes to make a stop at the clothing store and the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    The Tommy Bahama was hiding in plain site on the plans. When my husband and I visit Sarasota Florida he always likes to make a stop at the clothing store and the restaurant.
    Haha... Yes, it was always there and not very well disguised, much like RH Gallery.

TB was one of the first things I became aware of but for some reason, they only recently inked the deal.

The bar and patio should be fun and a big draw.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    Nice this developer is following through on the plans used to "sell" the project. It's going to be one of the best places to visit in the state. It's unfortunate the same kind of developer didn't build out University North Park in Norman - they promised OAK and we got the sprawly mess that is UNP......
    I hear this a lot (on here) and not sure exactly what defines a "mess". Could it have been more? I suppose. Could it be a little "better" in places? Maybe. But statistically they are they most visited retail center in the entire state, as recently detailed. So I don't think the developers, the tenants, the city or the university is too disappointed overall. And the new development recently announced could take it to another level, we'll see. But this constant denigration of it is more about naive snobbery than it is about any tangible, verifiable disconnect between what was promised and what was built. If you thought an OAK equivalent was going in there, you're the one that mislead you.

When you look at that last drone picture and see the amount of retail/restaurant space from Belle Isle to PSM and now what The Oak will bring is amazing! I would guess this will prompt more multi-family housing. Don't forget Classen Circle down the street and Classen Curve just up from Belle Isle a short drive. That's a lot of food and shopping to choose from. None like OKC has ever seen before. Don't forget what we're seeing and continue to see up north at Chislom Creek. IMO the icing on the cake would be a new downtown arena.

^

Very true and Mayfair and May Avenue (Sam's, Lowe's, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot and much more) is just a mile west.

It's such a great area to live because so much so close plus you can get anywhere in the metro very quickly.

I just hate that this is so limited, size-wise. There isn't much room to expand this, as it will rapidly fill up and be super successful. I want this to be a Domain-type development for OKC, but it is just so small. It is getting amazing tenants, and seems to have quality ownership. Imagine this in an the size of Chisholm Creek or even The Half.

But alas, they have hit a home run here with this, and hopefully they can keep it up!

^

Very true and Mayfair and May Avenue (Sam's, Lowe's, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot and much more) is just a mile west.

It's such a great area to live because so much so close plus you can get anywhere in the metro very quickly.
    . . little bit further West (Meridian), but love this whole are is experiencing a resurgence!!

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    . . little bit further West (Meridian), but love this whole are is experiencing a resurgence!!
    Pancho’s Liquortown!!!

Thread Information