Widgets Magazine
Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1745

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Blog Entries

Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Thanks, SouthSider. Has the office building moved west in the pictures at your link or am I misremembering earlier renderings?
    I think the office building was originally further east, at the entrance. There was much more on the West too, including a cinema, if I recall correctly, and low rise retail between.

Yes, they've moved the office building to the west; you also see two restaurant/retail buildings between it and Penn.

They have also drastically reduced the structured parking that was to be located near the office building.

To the west will be a 'culinary district' with a bunch of restaurants.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    It seems like this board is always yearning for the type of restaurants/businesses that “big league” cities already have. But yet some scoff at Shake Shack, which imo, will fit perfectly into this development. We’d be in the company of Tokyo, Dubai, Shanghai, London, Singapore, amongst many others. We are talking about the most heavily traveled destination cities in the world. But nah, let’s put The Garage there instead of another “fast food” chain. Lol.
    McDonalds, Johnnie Rockets, Pizza Hut are all in those cities too. Doesn’t show we belong if we have those either. Bar should be higher in this development, imho. SS or Johnnie Rockets in Bricktown would be an appropriate draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    McDonalds, Johnnie Rockets, Pizza Hut are all in those cities too. Doesn’t show we belong if we have those either. Bar should be higher in this development, imho. SS or Johnnie Rockets in Bricktown would be an appropriate draw.
    Shake Shack goes in quality urban developments, or urban-suburban developments (like Legacy West in Plano). Not sure they fit in Bricktown. They 1,000,000% fit perfectly here, or Classen Curve.

They just announced on IG that Williams Sonoma is coming to OAK.

Makes me wonder if that was the long term strategy for Williams Sonoma when they closed their store in Penn Square.

William Sonoma is one of the tenants I've known about for a while.

The location will be on the west side of the plaza, in one of the retail spaces that has apartments above.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Makes me wonder if that was the long term strategy for Williams Sonoma when they closed their store in Penn Square.
    No, because they closed long before OAK was really moving forward.

But another good get for OAK. They have some other new-to-market deals almost ready to announce.

Focusing heavily so far on home goods. Maybe Crate and Barrel will come to OKC soon, and maybe here.

But a very good get for OKC to have WS back!

Also today, they filed a building permit application for a stand-alone Pottery Barn location on the southeast corner of this development.

Will be moving from Penn Square but this space will be considerably larger. The first rendering is a bit outdated as you can see the line drawings are slightly different.

Not sure of what the retail/restaurant building to the west of PB might be. It's shown on the site plan as surface parking but I believe the moved the office building west to allow for something new on that particular site.

Lots of home stores thus far but there is a bunch of other retailers and restaurants that should be announced soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Shake Shack goes in quality urban developments, or urban-suburban developments (like Legacy West in Plano). Not sure they fit in Bricktown. They 1,000,000% fit perfectly here, or Classen Curve.
    They absolutely would fit in Bricktown based on several I’ve been to. Most were in tourist heavy areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    They absolutely would fit in Bricktown based on several I’ve been to. Most were in tourist heavy areas.
    I am sure it would fit in in Bricktown. But there were some saying it wouldn't fit in OAK, where I vehemently disagree.

13. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Williams Sonoma closed because of the sewer back up issues that flooded at penn sq. They could not reopen anywhere until their lease was up.

Gonna throw a P. Terrys into the mix for Oak. That Banana bread is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by amaesquire View Post
    They just announced on IG that Williams Sonoma is coming to OAK.
    Curious. What is IG?

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Curious. What is IG?
    Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Instagram.
    Duh, lol. Gotcha!

18. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

I'll take Whataburger vs all!

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    Williams Sonoma closed because of the sewer back up issues that flooded at penn sq. They could not reopen anywhere until their lease was up.
    Oh that's right, I had forgotten that detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Now we’re talking! Hopefully the plaza is just temporary until Buc-ee’s can be convinced to build on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Tend to agree......... but there is already one just a few blocks away.

Pete, since PB and WS are moving/opening at Oak, do you think PB Kids will be a part of that as well? I assume West Elm has a long term lease at Classen and Grand, but it would be cool to see other new to market stores like PBK or GreenRow, which is a part of the PB family.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Would like to see a nice, quality french bakery/restaurant. La Parisienne comes to mind! Also, perhaps a Peter Millar shop and a Tommy Bahama store! Crate and Barrel too. Looking forward to the finished project. This is a nice development!

https://thestardistrict.com/tenants/...french-bistro/

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i think this is a brand new image ..

https://www.priceedwards.com/sites/d...?itok=FjO4LPSu

and the office building is much further west
    That goes with what Pete was saying and showing with the PB on the corner there.

Thank god WS is coming back, which means more Pumpkin bread, noodles and of course peppermint bark to buy . I wonder if a department store type like Macy's would move there since they've been opening smaller and nicer format stores.

Thread Information