Widgets Magazine
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1492

Thread: Classen Curve

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    At some point, is the developer not just going to walk away because of all this nonsense on Assaf's part? I'd be working with them to make sure what she gets is as nice as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    At some point, is the developer not just going to walk away because of all this nonsense on Assaf's part? I'd be working with them to make sure what she gets is as nice as possible.
    No, they are not going to walk away as they own the land and have spent a ton developing the properties to the north and south.

Just an annoyance that might delay the project somewhat.

I don't understand why so many remain this opposed to this development considering its quality and location.

Good lord... This NIMBY needs to get a hobby other than suing people... I'm not getting any younger, lady! I would kinda like to enjoy this development before I die.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I don't understand why so many remain this opposed to this development considering its quality and location.
    There aren't many who do. Just this person who definitely does not represent the feeling in Glenbrook, NH or any area close. There are always people who love to try to control things. They just wind up costing people time, money and brain cells.

What is under construction in the area near Upper Crust? Is this the Ruths Chris Steak House? I wouldn't imagine this land is part of the lawsuit?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    What is under construction in the area near Upper Crust? Is this the Ruths Chris Steak House? I wouldn't imagine this land is part of the lawsuit?
    Just more retail space. No restaurants.

And the lawsuit was for the area just south of 63rd where they are planning an REI and a bunch of apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just more retail space. No restaurants.

And the lawsuit was for the area just south of 63rd where they are planning an REI and a bunch of apartments.
    any ideas of who might go into the retail space? we went to Upper crust tonight and parking is a mess

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    any ideas of who might go into the retail space? we went to Upper crust tonight and parking is a mess
    By being a mess, does that mean you had to walk over 150 feet? There is plenty of parking, just not at the front door.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    By being a mess, does that mean you had to walk over 150 feet? There is plenty of parking, just not at the front door.
    By mess i mean over half the parking lot is torn up behind a chain link fence, the parking lot is now only 1 way confusing multiple drivers and people having to dodge cars in the parking lot who are confused as to what is going on

Cos Bar is going in a space next to Rye 51 and Black Optical.

First location in Oklahoma. Most other locations in very high end areas: Highland Park (Dallas), Montecito (Santa Barbara), Vail, Apsen, Scottsdale, Carmel, Newport Beach, etc.

https://www.cosbar.com

Dallas isn't listed. There is one in The Woodlands. Are we getting something before Dallas?! I'm shocked!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Dallas isn't listed. There is one in The Woodlands. Are we getting something before Dallas?! I'm shocked!
    Highland Park which is a suburb of Dallas.

Highland Park which is a suburb of Dallas.
    Website says Highland Park, IL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Website says Highland Park, IL.
    Oops! Thanks for the correction.

Two building permits for a total of $3.3 million for 5846 and 5854 N Classen, which falls into the Classen Curve area. I assume these are the new structures across from Upper Crust and that area?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Two building permits for a total of $3.3 million for 5846 and 5854 N Classen, which falls into the Classen Curve area. I assume these are the new structures across from Upper Crust and that area?
    Yes.

Too bad these new spaces didn't add residential on top of the shops. With Whole Foods across the street, Classen Curve could have been a pretty cool mixed use community for residents. I know residential is coming to the area though...

Press release today announcing several new tenants to go into the space now under construction:

Washington Prime Group Announces Latest Redevelopment Project with Expansion at Classen Curve

Business Wire Business WireMay 2, 2017
    COLUMBUS, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Washington Prime Group Inc. (WPG) today announced its most recent redevelopment effort, a multitenant expansion at Classen Curve located in Oklahoma City, OK. The $11.5M expansion, which will add approximately 30,000 SF to an already vibrant lifestyle center, is expected to open in two phases starting the fourth quarter of 2017.

Lou Conforti, CEO and Director: “As previously discussed, our objective is to deliver on value enhancing redevelopment opportunities which result in differentiated tenancy. We currently have more than 45 projects ranging between $1-$60M substantiating our $125-$150M of annual capital spend with an average estimated project yield of 9.5%.”

As part of the expansion, Classen Curve will welcome first-to-market Athleta, Evereve and Soft Surroundings, as well as Board Room Salon for Men and Francesca’s. Apart from the expansion, the Company is pleased to announce that Bassett Furniture and first-to-state Cos Bar will join the dynamic retail offerings at the center.

David Allsbrooks, General Manager of Classen Curve: “We are excited for the expansion at Classen Curve which demonstrates our commitment to our guests and Oklahoma City. The center continues to grow, bringing unique national and local retailers and restaurants. This project allows us to expand upon our already diverse merchandise mix, solidifying Classen Curve as the premiere lifestyle destination in heart of Oklahoma City.”

Recent openings at Classen Curve include Cycle Bar, Lily Rain and Rustic Cuff.

Some transactions from the Oklahoman today:

Gloss Nail Salon leased 2,197 square feet at Nichols Hills Plaza. Laci Jackson Ravina represented the landlord and Danny Ojeda with Newmark Grubb Levy Strange Beffort represented the tenant.
    •Lash by Lash leased 1,500 square feet at Nichols Hills Plaza. Ravina represented the landlord.
    •Winter House Interiors & Carwin's Shave Shop leased 4,976 square feet at Nichols Hills Plaza. Ravina represented the landlord and Amy Dunn with CBRE represented the tenant.
    •Bassett Furniture leased 9,570 square feet at Classen Curve. Ravina represented the landlord.
    •Cos Bar leased 1,326 square feet at Classen Curve. Ravina represented the landlord.
    •Athleta leased 3,450 square feet at Classen Curve. Ravina represented the landlord.
    •Soft Surroundings leased 4,200 square feet at Classen Curve. Ravina represented the landlord.
    •Boardroom Men's Salon leased 1,800 square feet at Classen Curve. Ravina represented the landlord.
    •Evereve leased 2,308 square feet at Classen Curve. Ravina represented the landlord.
    •Francesca's leased 1,343 square feet at Classen Curve. Ravina represented the landlord.

Winter House is moving from Classen Curve to the vacant space directly west of Trader's Joes.

Basset is taking the old Winter House space.

Any updates on the Classen Curve lifestyle expansion that was supposed to include an REI? I haven't heard anything about it since about a year ago when it was receiving heavy NIMBY opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Any updates on the Classen Curve lifestyle expansion that was supposed to include an REI? I haven't heard anything about it since about a year ago when it was receiving heavy NIMBY opposition.
    I believe the lawsuit issues are being resolved and they still plan to move forward.

In the meantime, they are expanding Classen Curve, just about completely filling that center, and have done a great job of filling up NH Plaza as well. BTW, Winter House Interiors is moving from CC to the long-empty space west of Trader Joe's and Bassett will take the old Winter House space.

These guys know what they are doing and have already brought in a bunch of great new-to-market merchants.

HangryHippo Guest

I believe the lawsuit issues are being resolved and they still plan to move forward.

In the meantime, they are expanding Classen Curve, just about completely filling that center, and have done a great job of filling up NH Plaza as well. BTW, Winter House Interiors is moving from CC to the long-empty space west of Trader Joe's and Bassett will take the old Winter House space.

These guys know what they are doing and have already brought in a bunch of great new-to-market merchants.
    They really are doing a great job. They've improved NH Plaza and Classen Curve and I'm really excited if they're able to work out the lawsuit issues.

Those issues will get resolved and that project will go forward, it's just a matter of time.

There has been some recent movement that may signal things may move forward soon, but you never know with these situations.

Thread Information