Widgets Magazine
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1737

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Ok, question for the Thunder fans on the board:

If KD were to end up being in OKC (traded, FA signing, etc) how long would it take for you to not hate him any more? Instantly? Half a season? Other?

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post

If KD were to end up being in OKC (traded, FA signing, etc) how long would it take for you to not hate him any more? Instantly? Half a season? Other?
    I'd give up my season tickets. Also, ZERO chance Presti or Bennett would want him. This has become a silly topic to the point of distraction. Other than when he went to a team that already almost literally could not lose he has had zero success. He is toxic, and he ultimately tears down every team he is on from the inside. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I'd give up my season tickets. Also, ZERO chance Presti or Bennett would want him. This has become a silly topic to the point of distraction. Other than when he went to a team that already almost literally could not lose he has had zero success. He is toxic, and he ultimately tears down every team he is on from the inside. Hard pass.
    lol agree with the second part ...

but you would not give up your tickets ... (you might sell them all lol)

4. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post

Never. My biggest character flaw is that I will not let go of a grudge against someone that screws people over by being greedy. In sports or in business or ?. If Durant was allowed back I've watched my last Thunder game. Glad alI don't have to worry about it because Presti would never even think about it.

Instantly. He is a great player that made a business, and personal, decision. He thought he could win a ring with the Warriors and found a system that better fit his talents. It worked.

I don't think the current set up and flow of the Thunder has a place to effectively utilize KD's talents at the level he is still playing at. But I would welcome him back if Sam Presti said there was.

I follow a lot of pro basketball. I admit I am not ESPN TV and radio 24/7 as much as I used to be. But, I still check out NBA news and info daily. What I don't recall seeing is that KD is a toxic teammate. Can you guys share some of the stories with me?

Thanks

I think Game 4 is more important than Game 3. Winners of Game 4 usually go on the win the series most of the time historically.

He is the thing with this team though. I think it's 2 or 3 years from now we are not going to be able to pay everyone. We have a 2/3 year window a team like Minnesota i think has 1 maybe 2 years before they have to make decisions. I think and not sure how the money works but you Trade Giddy Dort for picks for Durant you have Durant for only 2 years than his money comes off the books and you have money to pay. Chet, SGA, Jdub, and Wallace who I will use to replace Dort since he will still be on a rookie contract in 3 years. Also need to find money to Joe, and Wiggins. Love this team and we can keep running it back for the next few year but financially at some point we can't keep everyone. Think about the next two years if your Starters are, Chet, SGA, JDub, Wallace, Durant. Bench is Joe, Wiggins, Jwill. I would take that for next 2 years than Durant money comes off the books and you Pay Chet, SGA, JDub, Wallace, Joe , Wiggins and might still be able to keep a first round pick

I did some looking like Edwards for Minneasota goes from 13 million this year to 35 million next year. McDaniels goes from 3 million to 22 million. Thunder are in Great shape until start of 2026 Season.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    He is the thing with this team though. I think it's 2 or 3 years from now we are not going to be able to pay everyone. We have a 2/3 year window a team like Minnesota i think has 1 maybe 2 years before they have to make decisions. I think and not sure how the money works but you Trade Giddy Dort for picks for Durant you have Durant for only 2 years than his money comes off the books and you have money to pay. Chet, SGA, Jdub, and Wallace who I will use to replace Dort since he will still be on a rookie contract in 3 years. Also need to find money to Joe, and Wiggins. Love this team and we can keep running it back for the next few year but financially at some point we can't keep everyone. Think about the next two years if your Starters are, Chet, SGA, JDub, Wallace, Durant. Bench is Joe, Wiggins, Jwill. I would take that for next 2 years than Durant money comes off the books and you Pay Chet, SGA, JDub, Wallace, Joe , Wiggins and might still be able to keep a first round pick

I did some looking like Edwards for Minneasota goes from 13 million this year to 35 million next year. McDaniels goes from 3 million to 22 million. Thunder are in Great shape until start of 2026 Season.
    LOL, it’s not in “2-3 years” that we won’t be able to pay everyone. They’re about to be significantly below the cap as soon as they drop Hayward this summer and you get certain exceptions when re-signing your own players that help teams who build like we do keep their guys. The luxury tax line is also likely going to increase when the massive new NBA TV right deal goes into effect. Assuming we keep the same roster, which is unlikely to some extent anyway, it will be when Chet and JW get to their third contracts that it will start being more difficult but still not impossible as there is no hard cap. That said, this group has shown that they’re perfectly willing to spend a ton of money when it makes sense.

You do realize we had the highest payroll in the league at one point, were paying the luxury tax for multiple years and were prepared to do so for a long time if KD had stayed or the PG/Westbrook/Melo thing has worked out, right? The salary situation is not near as big of deal as you’re making it out to be and won’t be an issue for a while…which is one of the reasons it’s great that this team has taken such a massive leap so quickly.

On another note, they’ve been trying to find a lock down defender that is capable of playing reliable offense, like Dort, for 16 years now. It will take some extreme leaps by Wallace (certainly possible) before they consider trading him and even then, I’m not sure they would do it. And he’s the embodiment of the culture they’ve built so it would be hard for me not to see them trying to re-sign him instead of picking up his option in 2026 or after 2027. Though if Wallace becomes just as good or better, all bets are off.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    LOL, it’s not in “2-3 years” that we won’t be able to pay everyone. They’re about to be significantly below the cap as soon as they drop Hayward this summer and you get certain exceptions when re-signing your own players that help teams who build like we do keep their guys. The luxury tax line is also likely going to increase when the massive new NBA TV right deal goes into effect. Assuming we keep the same roster, which is unlikely to some extent anyway, it will be when Chet and JW get to their third contracts that it will start being more difficult but still not impossible as there is no hard cap. That said, this group has shown that they’re perfectly willing to spend a ton of money when it makes sense.

You do realize we had the highest payroll in the league at one point, were paying the luxury tax for multiple years and were prepared to do so for a long time if KD had stayed or the PG/Westbrook/Melo thing has worked out, right? The salary situation is not near as big of deal as you’re making it out to be and won’t be an issue for a while…which is one of the reasons it’s great that this team has taken such a massive leap so quickly.
    So True PhiAlpha, you brought back memories; especially when Paul George and son, Carmelo Anthony arrived in OKC on separate days and the excitement it generated at WRWA being greeted by a thousand fans, media, OKC now had its big three connection. it really looked promising.

As for the salary cap, anticipate that it will go up.

Gordon Hayward was refreshing; however his is $31.5 million (2nd to Shai), also the trade with Charlotte had Bertāns listed as $17 million salary.

Next year, we'll see how all those moves play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    So True PhiAlpha, you brought back memories; especially when Paul George and son, Carmelo Anthony arrived in OKC on separate days and the excitement it generated at WRWA being greeted by a thousand fans, media, OKC now had its big three connection. it really looked promising.

As for the salary cap, anticipate that it will go up.

Gordon Hayward was refreshing; however his is $31.5 million (2nd to Shai), also the trade with Charlotte had Bertāns listed as $17 million salary.

Next year, we'll see how all those moves play out.
    yeah Hayward is in the last year of his deal so either way that salary would be different. I wouldn’t be opposed to him coming back on a way cheaper deal to see if he can mesh with the team better after an offseason but I’d guess he’s not coming back.

Blog Entries

Thunder's chances of taking Durant back . . . You'd have better odds of the Thunder moving its 81 home games to the new 7,500 seat State Fair Coliseum.

What you would have to give up to get Durant, wouldn't be worth its value in trade.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Thunder's chances of taking Durant back . . . You'd have better odds of the Thunder moving its 81 home games to the new 7,500 seat State Fair Coliseum.

What you would have to give up to get Durant, wouldn't be worth its value in trade.
    Exactly. There's a sound clip the Animal uses a lot. A guy saying "zero......point......zero".

13. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

He would destroy their chemistry ......

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 101 @ Dallas Mavericks 105

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401658190

Attendance: 20,325

Another tough loss, the Thunder really need to regroup and figure something out to win Game 4. If they get down 3-1 their season is over. PJ Washington has been the difference maker, he scored 27, almost an identical performance he had in Game 2. Also, we are got nothing from Chet or JDubb these last two games, both need to get more looks and take more shots.

Blog Entries

Western Conference Semifinals - Game 4
    Monday, May 13, 2024
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Dallas Mavericks
    American Airline Center, Dallas - 8:30 PM
    TV - TNT RADIO - WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)
    Dallas lead series 2 - 1

Blog Entries

Western Conference Semifinals - Game 5
    Wednesday, May 15, 2024
    Dallas Mavericks @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC - 8:30 PM
    TV - TNT RADIO - WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)
    Series tied 2 - 2

Need another Big. It's that simple. When Chet goes out we have no rim protector, no rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Need another Big. It's that simple. When Chet goes out we have no rim protector, no rebounding.
    How did we out rebound them 93-83 over the first two games then?

No, It’s not that simple.

20. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    How did we out rebound them 93-83 over the first two games then?

No, It’s not that simple.
    I agree. It's not. This team can do fine if everyone performs. In game 2 they didn't perform quite a bit. Today they did better but just got out hustled and out positioned. There were at least a handful of times they had a wide open guy in the corner for an easy three.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I agree. It's not. This team can do fine if everyone performs. In game 2 they didn't perform quite a bit. Today they did better but just got out hustled and out positioned. There were at least a handful of times they had a wide open guy in the corner for an easy three.
    I think it comes down to making your shots and not letting a guy that averages 11 points per game score almost 30 on you.

Rebounding doesn't have to do with getting another big. A physical big is what we need Dort is good but still has a hard time guarding the other Bigs in the nba. I'm not talking tall big. I'm talking Lebron, Luka, Towns, Jokic. We need a big like that can be physical, can guard those guys, can get a rebound from time to time.

And if you want to talk rebounding we had 6 offensive rebounds. I think we had 1 going into the 4th Qtr. THAT'S NOT GETTING IT DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS. They had 15 offensive rebound. Had 91 shots we had 81 shots.

A Zion Williamson, Jaren Jackson, Jr, Pascal Siakam, Julius Randle, Draymond Green. That type of Big a Bruiser. That's the piece we are missing when I say another big.

Honestly, we have all the pieces right now I think. We lack experience and it’s showing. This team has not been playing how they have played all season over the past 2 games. I think they got punched in the mouth the other day and they’re reeling. They’re facing serious adversity, and the players have regressed back to how you would expect a lot of young players to play in this series. They’re not moving the ball. They’re timid…almost scared at times. This has resulted in a lack of aggressiveness and decisiveness with the ball. This is in part because of the Dallas defensive intensity and inexperience. At this point, I think we can beat Dallas. We’ve been right there. They’re just going to have to decide to play as a team again and play Thunder ball. If they don’t win the next game, that’s the series imo. Frankly, I sort of think the series is already set, but we’ll see how they rebound.

The Non-Chet minutes still are pretty poor.

100 DRTG w/ Chet on today

119 DRTG w/ Chet off today

I'm fine keeping everyone. If your doing that than move up in this Draft and get the Big from Connecticut. When Chet goes out they take the ball right to the rim.

I think it's the inexperience more than anything these last two games, we are making a lot of mistakes on offense and they aren't not to mention just not hitting the shots. We're a bit streaky. Chet playing great on D but terrible on offense. He either needs quite a bit of space to shoot/operate or needs to pass immediately. I still think we can win this series but they have pretty much controlled the last 8 quarters now and game 4 is a must win now. Need a consistent #2 behind Shai, couldn't ask for anything more from him.

Thread Information