Widgets Magazine
Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1706

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Does this mean that the Korean Hotdog place is not coming?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Does this mean that the Korean Hotdog place is not coming?
    It would go in that other blank spot on the right side of the 2nd photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are adding Sbarro (first photo), Edie's Grill (2nd photo), and Spunkies Soul Food (3rd photo).
    Is Edie's going to be moving out of The Collective or is it a second location? Haven't tried them yet and if they're moving, we need to hit them up before they do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Is Edie's going to be moving out of The Collective or is it a second location? Haven't tried them yet and if they're moving, we need to hit them up before they do.
    2nd location

Are you even a real mall if you don't have a Sbarro Pizza, glad to see Penn Square is joining the big leagues.

Only half joking, I grew up eating at the Sbarro in Crossroads so I'm definitely happy to see them move into another OKC mall after closing there and up at Quail Springs.

Sbarro is odd. Didn't realize they were in a position to open new locations.

Hope those other places do well and the K Dog place happens.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Are you even a real mall if you don't have a Sbarro Pizza, glad to see Penn Square is joining the big leagues.

Only half joking, I grew up eating at the Sbarro in Crossroads so I'm definitely happy to see them move into another OKC mall after closing there and up at Quail Springs.
    I ate a lot of Sbarro in the Union at OU. Is that still there?

Sbarro is always good, glad to see they are coming back. Everybody likes a good slice of pizza. Spunkie's is really good also, we ate at there food truck a few time.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Sbarro is always good, glad to see they are coming back. Everybody likes a good slice of pizza. Spunkie's is really good also, we ate at there food truck a few time.
    We have very different opinions on good slices of pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    We have very different opinions on good slices of pizza.
    Yeah, I was gonna say... I'm not sure I've ever had food I would describe as "good" or even "okay" from a Sbarro. They're one of my least favorite fast food chains.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Yeah, I was gonna say... I'm not sure I've ever had food I would describe as "good" or even "okay" from a Sbarro. They're one of my least favorite fast food chains.
    Haha, different strokes. Pizza is one of those weird things for me. I really like a lot of cheap pizza places. Little Caesar's, CiCi's, Sbarro, all hits with me. I don't know why.

I was disappointed when Sbarro closed in Quail, as it was one of my favorite things about going to the mall. It makes no sense considering I usually am pretty picky about food when I dine out.

Mall pizza gets judged on a different scale than if I am getting pizza while not in a mall.

At OU, the scale of the need of quick pizza overrides taste.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Haha, different strokes. Pizza is one of those weird things for me. I really like a lot of cheap pizza places. Little Caesar's, CiCi's, Sbarro, all hits with me. I don't know why.

I was disappointed when Sbarro closed in Quail, as it was one of my favorite things about going to the mall. It makes no sense considering I usually am pretty picky about food when I dine out.
    I'm also a cheap pizza person. But I guess part of it is because I'm not a huge fan, so when I get it I want it to be cheap and fast.

When my wife gave birth to our youngest, all she wanted was Sbarro. She couldn't say why. I'll never forget ordering a full pie, leaving the hospital and walking through Quail with it. Everyone looked at me like I was nuts. But the momma gets what the momma wants...

I thought Sbarro declared bankruptcy and stopped existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I thought Sbarro declared bankruptcy and stopped existing.
    Reports of its death were greatly exaggerated.

Sbarro is not really great but I would eat it over Little Caesars, Marco, and Papa John’s pizza

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I ate a lot of Sbarro in the Union at OU. Is that still there?
    No, it closed years ago

Strangely, Hollister has filed a building permit to renovate and occupy their old space next to Express on the west end of the upper level.

Maybe(hopefully) all these new higher end additions and renovations will motivate the owners to renovate the mall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Maybe(hopefully) all these new higher end additions and renovations will motivate the owners to renovate the mall.
    What kind of renovations?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    What kind of renovations?
    Do you expect me to list every material used, areas renovated, and provide you renderings? Come on man I’m talking about a renovation of the entire mall. Penn Square is a nice mall but it’s getting a bit dated. Come to LA and check out Westfield in Century City or look at the one in Canoga Park for an indoor version.

Bonus points if they can build more structured parking and add more retail and add a mixed use component like housing, hotel, or office to compete with OAK. Even more bonus points if they can build a diagonal skybridge the NWE and Penn intersection.

24. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Do you expect me to list every material used, areas renovated, and provide you renderings? Come on man I’m talking about a renovation of the entire mall. Penn Square is a nice mall but it’s getting a bit dated. Come to LA and check out Westfield in Century City or look at the one in Canoga Park for an indoor version.

Bonus points if they can build more structured parking and add more retail and add a mixed use component like housing, hotel, or office to compete with OAK. Even more bonus points if they can build a diagonal skybridge the NWE and Penn intersection.
    Yeah ever since I began going down the path of commercial real estate/development and began learning about OAK, 50 Penn, Classen Curve, and the like, pretty much the first thing my mind went to in regards to redevelopment was PSM. Those parking lots surrounding the mall, particularly that SW corner bordering Penn/NWX, are some of the most valuable pieces of land in the city if they'd do something with them.

Love the mall, have so many good memories there, but there is nothing wrong in wishing and dreaming for greater heights.

Blog Entries

Don't be ridiculous and so sensitive. Rennovations can mean many different things.

But,. you answered. It sounds more like you want additions on the premises an not necessarily renovation of the mall itself, is that right? Or do you think it starts with re-doing the common area décor? Are you advocating re-facing the outside surfaces?

Selling or leasing sites from the lots for hotels, offices etc. is a whole different issue. I would have to bring in a lot more money to the owners than the cost of building and maintaining structured parking. I don't believe they are in the hotel, apartment business, so I would imagine long term land leases would be the best possibility. Do you know if there is enough demand in the area for that?

Thread Information