Widgets Magazine
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1576

Thread: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Blog Entries

Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I guess certain things take a little while to catch on. When l made my post, only AP was reporting it online. It's now reported other places. Despite the pub, there are plenty of other similar things going on in other states so l would still not put too much weight on it unless something new comes out.
    Ah, but OK legislatures seem to do embarrassing things by the bushel and are proud of their backwardness. That’s what America thinks of when they think Oklahoma... lack of education, poor health, obesity, natural disasters and hopelessly backwards politicians. Oh, and the most red of all states.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

It doesn't apply here but on kind of a funny note, on the Young Sheldon episode tonight they made mention of going to Braums for whipped cream.

And now this crap

https://amp.oklahoman.com/amp/466496...mpression=true

Just can’t get a break damn. I’m sure this will be picked up by a national news network and add on to the garbage pile of embarrassing crap about Oklahoma and OKC but hey this sort of stuff has nothing to do with businesses wanting to relocate here or not.

Backwoods Idiotic Okie Morons..... that's all I can say.

Incidents like that are *why* folks are taking a knee. Just awful.

E: Apparently he was misidentified, so deleting the name

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Announcer was apparently the football coach at Hulburt.

Incidents like that are *why* folks are taking a knee. Just awful.
    It’s also interesting how he is claiming to be mad about people not respecting the anthem yet he is talking through it calling people derogatory names like the n word. Hypocrite.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D9693250-A79D-4296-9842-31294BC608A3.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	16750  

I think this Butthead sells football training equipment to the University of Oklahoma.

Like blocking sleds.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Here’s his picture
    Apparently the Oklahoman misidentified him and he wasn't the one saying the slur. Might behoove us to remove any reference to him.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Apparently the Oklahoman misidentified him and he wasn't the one saying the slur. Might behoove us to remove any reference to him.
    It’s not letting me delete the attachment for some reason.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

I don't understand why you rushed to post his picture anyway before there was real confirmation. The picture needs to come down. His name is already all over the internet from other news sources picking up The Oklahoman's egregiously erroneous reporting. I'm sure that man has received a lot of grief, unnecessarily. That's precisely what happens when a news source wants to be first rather than right. I'd imagine The Oklahoman is going to get sued over this.

Because it came from the biggest news publisher in Oklahoma and you’d think they are reputable. I guess I was wrong.

Local man apologizes for racist remarks caught on hot mic at basketball game | News | tahlequahdailypress.com
    https://www.tahlequahdailypress.com/...67c4d6889.html

IMO neither Rowan or Sapulpa should be allowed to have anything to do with OSSA or any school in any capacity.
    One for making the statement and the other for his silence. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."(Burke)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I think this Butthead sells football training equipment to the University of Oklahoma.

Like blocking sleds.
    To clear the air, I was commenting on the man who was first reported (Sapulpa), which was inaccurate.

Blog Entries

All of this racial rhetoric, the attitudes of some people doesn't reflect well on our state or country. My relatives in Texas, New Mexico and North Carolina have been calling me wanting to know 'What is going on in Oklahoma...'

My reply, No more than what's been going on throughout the our country. Isolated incidents everywhere, many go 'unreported.' The hate and disdain on display as man shows inhumanity toward man.

I've felt and dealt with racism all my life; I'll continue to pray for and forgive its perpetrators. It's not going to get the 'best of me' nor will I allow it to affect my life.

It's disappointing but not surprising; let's leave this world a better place for those who inherit the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    All of this racial rhetoric, the attitudes of some people doesn't reflect well on our state or country. My relatives in Texas, New Mexico and North Carolina have been calling me wanting to know 'What is going on in Oklahoma...'

My reply, No more than what's been going on throughout the our country. Isolated incidents everywhere, many go 'unreported.' The hate and disdain on display as man shows inhumanity toward man.

I've felt and dealt with racism all my life; I'll continue to pray for and forgive its perpetrators. It's not going to get the 'best of me' nor will I allow it to affect my life.

It's disappointing but not surprising; let's leave this world a better place for those who inherit the earth.

Oklahoma has unfortunately too often been an embarrassment across the nation for its politics and ignorance related to racial issues. No wonder growth is stagnant and companies hesitate to relocate, expand in such a wacko State

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Oklahoma has unfortunately too often been an embarrassment across the nation for its politics and ignorance related to racial issues. No wonder growth is stagnant and companies hesitate to relocate, expand in such a wacko State
    I usually really hate it when people put Oklahoma down. But on this topic we totally deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Well, Texas is a third world state considering their lack of a power grid and their total ineptness for vaccinations. They have some of the same backwoods rednecks as us. But they have a hell of a slush fund to get reloctating business.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Talker View Post
    I swear I don't go out looking for negative stuff about OKC but this is what pops up in my news alerts. It'd be nice if we made national news for positive things...

https://apnews.com/article/oklahoma-...4c9748de67be62

"Oklahoma Republican apologizes for ‘colored’ babies comment
    The Associated Press
    today
    OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A Republican Oklahoma House member apologized to his colleagues on Tuesday for using a racist term to describe Black babies during a debate on the House floor.

Rep. Brad Boles, 37, a Republican from Marlow, used the term “colored” to describe Black babies during debate on an anti-abortion bill, while suggesting that abortion affects people of all races."
    Surely most Oklahomans want abortion regulated, not banned or harder to get than it already is. You can't regulate what you ban.

Well, Texas is a third world state considering their lack of a power grid and their total ineptness for vaccinations. They have some of the same backwoods rednecks as us. But they have a hell of a slush fund to get reloctating business.
    I think businesses and industries are better impressed with Texas for having better support for education, no income tax, many more residents and international airports that really fly nonstop to international destinations.

22. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

Third world? That's hilarious! They just didn't spend the additional billions needed for a very rare record-breaking AND extended cold snap. They'll work to fix the deficiencies now but at what cost for a once in a century phenomena?

Maybe more investment in electrical storage, independent power generation and generators is the answer.

HangryHippo Guest

Third world? That's hilarious! They just didn't spend the additional billions needed for a very rare record-breaking AND extended cold snap. They'll work to fix the deficiencies now but at what cost for a once in a century phenomena?

Maybe more investment in electrical storage, independent power generation and generators is the answer.
    Like they worked to prepare for one? I don’t think so.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City, In the Press

It has never been that cold for that long in Texas with snow and ice on top of it all. That would be like Maine having 100 degree weather for 2 weeks. I'm not excusing that there was a problem, there certainly was, but 3rd -world is a massive exaggeration.

With ice storms, spring/summer storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods and blizzards across the country, individuals should start looking more and more at home battaries and solar panel/shingles since the technology is now available. When possible, people should be prepared to be responsible for themselves when business and government can't do it.

All the lawsuits being filed will force the TX utilities to be better prepared for another

Guess you don't have any relatives down there trying to get a shot ? My sister and husband are in late 70's and just now got their first vaccine a week ago. She registered in 4 counties, finally got selected, having to drive 300 miles one way to Lubbock......

Texas is a mess. They were 4 minutes and 37 seconds from power grid implosion. Just wonderful.

And to this day they are still having water problems in Houston.

Thread Information