Widgets Magazine
Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 24748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2439

Thread: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Your photographs didn't offend me at all. I was just stating my opinion. If what I said appeared rude to you, you are much too easily offended. It was not rude at all to say I didn't think your pictures were an accurate depiction. It was obviously staged to present the worst possible picture. If you are going to be offended by someone who disagrees with you this is not where you need to be posting. As I have said before, I'm not insensitive to problems at the lake, I just don't like those who try to present things in the worst possible light to make whatever point they are trying to make.
    Like he stated, he was only posting the pics he took, he had no hidden agenda or motive by doing so. IMHO, your response was rude and uncalled for.

Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Quote Originally Posted by mdeand View Post
    Sir, if my photographs offend you in some way, that was not my intent. I offered the photographs to simply give readers a current view of conditions there, for what that is worth, after coincidentally being in the area this week. I make no argument for or against anything. Or whether it's getting better or not. I'm glad to hear the lake level is rising some, as you say. If I'm in the area in future months and can photograph the same area for comparison, then I'll do that too.

As for what I expected? Well, frankly, not to be talked to so rudely by someone with whom I've never communicated before.
    He was a bit heavy handed in his response. There was a lengthy article that preceded your pics on this thread; perhaps his pitch and tone were related to that. You aren't the first person here who has gotten some sharp treatment from lj, and you won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Your photographs didn't offend me at all. I was just stating my opinion. If what I said appeared rude to you, you are much too easily offended. It was not rude at all to say I didn't think your pictures were an accurate depiction. It was obviously staged to present the worst possible picture. If you are going to be offended by someone who disagrees with you this is not where you need to be posting. As I have said before, I'm not insensitive to problems at the lake, I just don't like those who try to present things in the worst possible light to make whatever point they are trying to make.
    Just wondering...Have you seen it first hand as well?

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Like he stated, he was only posting the pics he took, he had no hidden agenda or motive by doing so. IMHO, your response was rude and uncalled for.
    I never said anything about a hidden agenda and I stated that the photos painted the lake in the worst possible light but I don't know if that was the poster's intention or not. I suspect that other pictures could have been posted where it looked much better. I had no intention of being rude and wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Just wondering...Have you seen it first hand as well?
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    You aren't the first person here who has gotten some sharp treatment from lj, and you won't be the last.
    SG, I'm hardly alone in that respect and that includes you. LOL

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and side with LJBAB on this one, in fact, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that in mdeand's mind, he was trying to paint a bad picture, or he could've done a better job disclaiming that, but that's just me. I have no proof to say that he did, just that some pics with the progress that had been made would've been nice.

For what it's worth, mdeand, you have a nice camera and those are great photos. Just stating my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and side with LJBAB on this one, in fact, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that in mdeand's mind, he was trying to paint a bad picture, or he could've done a better job disclaiming that, but that's just me. I have no proof to say that he did, just that some pics with the progress that had been made would've been nice.

For what it's worth, mdeand, you have a nice camera and those are great photos. Just stating my opinion.

Well OKC got another downpour but I didn't see if canton got any. Anyone know? Don't know how much we got in the city but it was a bunch. I assume that hefner and overholser are prob running over.

I think the Canton area got a lot of rain Wednesday night when everything went north of us. Not sure how much it affected the lake though.

Reports are Canton is on the rise.

http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/ima...y/CANT.hp.html

Canton's catch-basin has been decently soaked this week. The rains next week will most likely contribute significantly to the refill.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Canton's catch-basin has been decently soaked this week. The rains next week will most likely contribute significantly to the refill.
    I hope they can get back to normal by the end of the year. You never know what's in store for next year and I don't want to see those sail boats on Hefner dry docked.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    I hope they can get back to normal by the end of the year. You never know what's in store for next year and I don't want to see those sail boats on Hefner dry docked.
    At the very least, we could do away with these annoying watering restrictions.

Should this thread be retired? Perhaps since Hefner is overflowing we can start a Canton Lake Water Level thread instead.

C'mon now.. according to some, the desertification process of central Oklahoma is well underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    At the very least, we could do away with these annoying watering restrictions.
    Told by a city worker that they haven't been enforcing the odd and even water restrictions since the lakes are over flowing. I see people watering on both sides of the street at same time all over the city. There's no water shortage in Okc.

Told by a city worker that they haven't been enforcing the odd and even water restrictions since the lakes are over flowing. I see people watering on both sides of the street at same time all over the city. There's no water shortage in Okc.
    A good friend of mine got a $200 ticket not too long ago because he was running his sprinklers to water in new sod. He couldn't have hand watered it because he just had knee surgery. So someone's still enforcing it.

I guess I better be careful then. I live close by Hefner and have high water pressure

19. Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

I guess I better be careful then. I live close by Hefner and have high water pressure
    My bother-in-law lives off of NW122nd & MacArthur and got a $200 ticket a couple of weeks ago.

Sounds like some folks got neighbors with grudges. Hard to imagine the water police driving around hunting for wet lawn bandits. Although, at 200 a head, they'd be able to cover the gas bill.

21. Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Hmmm...never water and my grass is nice and green. I guess people need to pick a better grass type. :-P

Should this thread be retired? Perhaps since Hefner is overflowing we can start a Canton Lake Water Level thread instead.
    This could just be retitled to about Canton's water level since there is probably been more discussion here about Canton than Hefner anyway.

I think any hope of Canton being full this year is overly optimistic. During the traditionally heaviest rainy times of the year it is only up three or four percent from it's low. Some of that is just bad luck with a few storms that droped a inches nearby would totally miss it's catchment area but where we are at in the year it would be great to even getting a couple more feet and breaking the drought upstream in western Oklahoma and Texas's panhandle.

Why would people need to be watering their lawns right now?

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Hmmm...never water and my grass is nice and green. ...
    Mine as well .... dagnabit.
    Fortunately, youngest son is back in town again and he detests mowing less than I and he enjoys having extra gas money. win-win.

Why would people need to be watering their lawns right now?
    To take the pressure off of our reservoirs so they can be more effective at flood control.

Thread Information