Widgets Magazine
Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1492

Thread: Classen Curve

1. Default Re: Classen Curve

Is the lawsuit still pending for the property north of Whole Foods? With both NHP and the Curve close to being fully leased and this addition announced, it would seem the next reasonable move would be to begin development on the north prop.

Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Is the lawsuit still pending for the property north of Whole Foods? With both NHP and the Curve close to being fully leased and this addition announced, it would seem the next reasonable move would be to begin development on the north prop.
    Yes, still pending.

Robyn Assaf is an attorney who lives in Glenbrook and claims the City of OKC did not demand proper studies on traffic and other planning issues before providing re-zoning approval to Glimcher. Glimcher was initially named in the suit but has since been dismissed.

The City currently has a pending order to dismiss and a ruling should come soon. If the motion is denied, the litigation will continue.

The DOK has an article about Classen Curve trying to evict cafe 501 and Hb home furnishings. Any idea what their motive behind this is and what they plan to replace them with. I'd assume they would only evict if they already have something planned for their spots

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    The DOK has an article about Classen Curve trying to evict cafe 501 and Hb home furnishings. Any idea what their motive behind this is and what they plan to replace them with. I'd assume they would only evict if they already have something planned for their spots
    They are both well behind on their rent.

When a company files a forcible entry and detainer action, it's usually not to evict the tenant but merely to gain a judgment against them for past rent.

In almost all cases, an agreement is struck before the tenants are actually forced out.

However, looks like BD Home has already gone out of business.

When did BD Home close? They've been there forever, I am surprised they've gone out of business.

Café 501, on the other hand, I have heard has been more successful. I am surprised they would be behind on their rent.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    When did BD Home close? They've been there forever, I am surprised they've gone out of business.

Café 501, on the other hand, I have heard has been more successful. I am surprised they would be behind on their rent.
    With the price of their food, you'd think they would be ahead on their rent! I do like that place though.

7. Default Re: Classen Curve

It's a pretty strange story. You don't usually hear about these kind of behind the scenes machinations in major media. Cafe 501 especially is strange as that is a part of a prominent, successful local restaurant group...
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Simple guess: a lot of money was paid for this property, existing leases were favorable to tenants, now new owner is trying to squeeze more rent and NNN money out of tenants, or just try to force them out to make way for new higher paying tenants.

I can't understand the reasoning when retail landlords are unwilling to keep good tenats. Spring Creek in Edmond is a really nice area/spaces. But the rent continually goes up and retail people leave. How can you make money if you're only 50% occupied? Plus the public image that as a landlord you have no intention of keeping a tenant gives off bad vibes. It seems like greed over powers logic in these situations.

10. Default Re: Classen Curve

Yeah I'm not sure what the value is in pushing out a popular local restaurant like Cafe 501.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Simple guess: a lot of money was paid for this property, existing leases were favorable to tenants, now new owner is trying to squeeze more rent and NNN money out of tenants, or just try to force them out to make way for new higher paying tenants.
    And Aubrey gave most of them a sweetheart deal.

Now, this place is being operated like a business, not an amenity for CHK employees.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    It's a pretty strange story. You don't usually hear about these kind of behind the scenes machinations in major media. Cafe 501 especially is strange as that is a part of a prominent, successful local restaurant group...
    Prominent, perhaps. Successful...I mean, not unsuccessful, but they also had a failed concept at the Myriad Gardens, and they have no ventures that are among names of restaurants that are constantly mentioned as a "must go". These days they seem to be a decent group that probably doesn't have much margin for error.

Not saying Cafe 501 is somehow "less than", but, to me, it's not the kind of concept that would be surprising if it closed...not like Empire or Cheever's or Fassler Hall.

13. Default Re: Classen Curve

A big part of this is Glimcher is going back and having their tenants pay their pro-rata share of common area maintenance, which they are contractually obligated to pay. In addition to the sweetheart rates they had, I'm sure the new owners are looking at both of these problems and realizing there need to be some changes made.

Speaking of sweetheart deal...

Aubrey (or I should say Chesapeake) paid Cafe 501 $652,000 for their tenant improvements.

To put that in perspective, their base rent is about $13K per month.

15. Default Re: Classen Curve

Are those confirmed businesses? Because that would be OKC's first Urban Outfitters.

HangryHippo Guest

I can't see or open your attachment.

I would love to have Sur la Table in OKC. Not that I can really afford much in there, but I do love poking around their stores.

Fantastic if true. I'm still patiently waiting for REI to happen over that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Platemaker View Post
    Classen Curve teaser...
    I love Bonobos! Granted, you can't purchase their stuff in stores, but still! They are an awesome men's clothing brand! OKC would be getting a bunch of stores before Tulsa with this little strip of stores!

I know Vineyard Vines sells more than just t-shirts but that's what they're popular for in my kids' school. They charge close to 50 bucks for t-shirts with a whale on it. I don't get it. It's just a shirt. They're kind of the same style as the OP (Ocean Pacific) shirts that were popular when I was in school.

Any way, I figure they'll be successful there.

Quote Originally Posted by Platemaker View Post
    Classen Curve teaser...
    Where did this come from?? If all these are really coming to CC then that's a huge get for both the developer and OKC.

Most of these are national chains, a couple are regional, and of course all are upscale. None are in Oklahoma City as of now; only one, Runway 7, is in the metro (Edmond); and as far as I can tell only two of these, Athleta and UO, are in Tulsa.

24. Default Re: Classen Curve

I think I'm missing something. Is there a post or attachment I'm not seeing from the 16th? What info is everyone referencing?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I think I'm missing something. Is there a post or attachment I'm not seeing from the 16th? What info is everyone referencing?
    I deleted it at the request of the poster.

Thread Information