Widgets Magazine
Page 52 of 141 FirstFirst ... 24748495051525354555657102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3525

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Both wordings had the same result. Neither required a prescription.
    It's a certificate that you have to obtain through a licensed doctor that is able to practice medicine in the state to only give it to people who they feel need it is what I got out of it. I'm not sure if California is the same way, but I went a doctor who gave me a certificate for anxiety and AHDH. I don't smoke that much, but it sure is nice to have that option to unwind just like having a drink every now and then.

Both wordings had the same result. Neither required a prescription.
    I was personally more troubled by "Fees and zoning restrictions are established." changing to "Local government cannot use zoning laws to prevent the opening of a retail marijuana store." While still factually true, my guess is the updated language will have serious implications for turnout against the measure in rural parts of the state.

Really a sad deal for those folks that could use this to help make their lives better. This could easily be on the ballot in Nov. if certain people in high places wanted it to be on there IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Really a sad deal for those folks that could use this to help make their lives better. This could easily be on the ballot in Nov. if certain people in high places wanted it to be on there IMO.
    Face it. Most Oklahomans can't relate to legalizing medical marijuana as an important issue, because they and their loved ones have been blessed to be in very good health with no chronic conditions. They have little knowledge of what real pain and sickness is. It also reflects why the Oklahoma Legislature and the governor rejected any more Medicaid. Maybe it would help if candidates in wheelchairs would run for legislator.

As long as gun shows and private sales are legal, this ruling does not have much of a practical effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Face it. Most Oklahomans can't relate to legalizing medical marijuana as an important issue, because they and their loved ones have been blessed to be in very good health with no chronic conditions. They have little knowledge of what real pain and sickness is. It also reflects why the Oklahoma Legislature and the governor rejected any more Medicaid. Maybe it would help if candidates in wheelchairs would run for legislator.
    Is there any data to suggest that the health of Oklahomans is good with fewer chronic conditions than the citizens of states where medical mj has been approved by the electorate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    this ruling does not have much of a practical effect.
    Really? Wow!
    How about not having the right to have a CCW permit? Then too if it's not permissable by law to purchase a gun, it's likely a felony to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    Really? Wow!
    How about not having the right to have a CCW permit? Then too if it's not permissable by law to purchase a gun, it's likely a felony to have one.
    I will be the first to say I do not know about the CCW issue as it relates to what you linked to. However I do know CCW is a states jurisdiction issue and the purchasing from a licensed gun dealer involves federal statutes. As to your second point, I can not say with certainty that if it is not permissible to buy a gun from a licensed dealer but it is permissible to buy a gun from a private seller that it is a felony to possess one. Obviously you also do not know the legal status of this question by your use of the word "likely". Maybe someone in the know can shed light on this grey area.

Look at other classes barred from purchasing firearms; Felon? No you cannot legally buy or posess a firearm. Says that right on the federal form. Mental? Same thing. Drug user? Same thing.
    I'm positive you'd be committing a felony if you purchase a firearm if you have a MJ license. Firearms owned prior to the MJ license?

As long as gun shows and private sales are legal, this ruling does not have much of a practical effect.
    The last study I saw showed that 80% of gun purchases were made through licensed gun shops. So I can't imagine it not having much of an effect.

My question is how would a gun shop know someone was a card holder? Is it reported on the background check? If so, that's sort of scary.

The last study I saw showed that 80% of gun purchases were made through licensed gun shops. So I can't imagine it not having much of an effect.

My question is how would a gun shop know someone was a card holder? Is it reported on the background check? If so, that's sort of scary.
    I get what you are saying. What I am saying though is there appears to be a legal loophole as long as private sales are legal. 20% of gun purchases in this country equates to quite a few guns, amiright? A mj card carrier now knows it is not permissible to buy at the local store but can buy privately if there is no restriction on possession. Possesion and buying from a licensed dealer are two different animals.

As far as knowing if a person is a mj card holder you are correct in how would the shop even know unless self reported. Or what about the individual that purchases a weapon prior to getting a mj card?

Really? Wow!
    An example of state jurisdiction of CCW butting up against legal medical mj.

Willis vs. Winters in which Oregon Sheriffs withheld concealed handgun licenses from applicants solely due to their medical marijuana use. Plaintiffs purported that applicants had submitted an otherwise favorable registration and that legal marijuana use was not a sufficient reason to deny a Concealed Handgun License. The Supreme Court ruled that federal law does not preempt state laws and required the sheriffs to issue the CHL anyway.
    http://law.justia.com/cases/oregon/s.../s058645.html#

Question "e" pertains to MJ.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

Question "e" pertains to MJ.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download
    Nobody is taking a position contrary to the point you are repeating. However #1289 clearly shows that a state that has medical mj does not preclude an individual with said card from having a CCW nor for that matter be able to possess a firearm. This ruling contradicts your post in which you believed it was felony for said card holder to be in possession of a firearm and a medical mj card.

WTH is 1289? Is that something you have in your pocket?

Post #1289 in this thread, I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Post #1289 in this thread, I would assume.
    Bingo, and I did not have to preface # 1289 with the word post. Post # 1289 cites a Oregon Supreme Court decision that rebukes the false assertion that Stick made in which he claimed it was a felony for a medical mj card holder to possess a firearm and by extension have a CCW permit. See post # 1286 - I'm positive you'd be committing a felony if you purchase a firearm if you have a MJ license or his post # 1284 it's likely a felony to have one.

Bingo, and I did not have to preface # 1289 with the word post. Post # 1289 cites a Oregon Supreme Court decision that rebukes the false assertion that Stick made in which he claimed it was a felony for a medical mj card holder to possess a firearm and by extension have a CCW permit. See post # 1286 - I'm positive you'd be committing a felony if you purchase a firearm if you have a MJ license or his post # 1284 it's likely a felony to have one.
    Hence my post about private sales and gun show purchases means the Federal ruling on mj cards and buying from licensed dealers can easily be negated.

Whatever you believe it all says now, I would just mention that the camels nose is under the tent so be prepared to see changes.

If it follows like it did in Colorado, you likely would not be able to (legally) get or renew a concealed carry permit. You also could be charged with possession of a controlled substance with a firearm if you smoked and had weapons in your home.

If it follows like it did in Colorado, you likely would not be able to (legally) get or renew a concealed carry permit. You also could be charged with possession of a controlled substance with a firearm if you smoked and had weapons in your home.
    There is no place for it to follow in Oregon. It ended with the Oregon Supreme Court making a final ruling for Oregon. CC is a state issue.

Whatever you believe it all says now, I would just mention that the camels nose is under the tent so be prepared to see changes.
    You just can't admit that you were incorrect can you? It is not what I believe it says, the ruling speaks for itself. I'm done with you.

There is no place for it to follow in Oregon. It ended with the Oregon Supreme Court making a final ruling for Oregon. CC is a state issue.
    Correct. But Colorado chose to revoke CC permits for those that got a red card. That's why I qualified it as "if", which I expect would be likely in Oklahoma.

There is a ballot initiative in Colorado that would change this -

https://ballotpedia.org/Colorado_Con...tiative_(2016)

Thread Information