Widgets Magazine
Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Ahhhhh! Happiness. I adore Saturn Grill, and Midtown is a perfect new location.
    i wonder where this is going ... maybe 1212 n walker

1212 N Walker is a good thought. I'd like to see it go in one of the buildings at 10-11th and Robinson, but that's probably premature.

Plenty of space in the building being readied for Go Go Sushi.

Or maybe the Packard / Guardian development?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Plenty of space in the building being readied for Go Go Sushi.

Or maybe the Packard / Guardian development?
    the packard with the outdoor patio ..would be great

I was hoping the Packard myself but 1212 probably makes more sense since it is closer to the other restaurants. Although the parking will probably be better at the Packard for now.

I just back from lunch and walked by both the 1212 and the Packard spaces and the Packard is much further along. There is some interior framing going on in there in both of the spaces that I think will be retail. I know one of the spaces has already been publicly spoken for. Also the parking lot on the west side of the building is coming along nicely.

7. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    1212 N Walker is a good thought. I'd like to see it go in one of the buildings at 10-11th and Robinson, but that's probably premature.
    Could you imagine the synergy (not to mention solar things) that would be created if Full Circle located right next to Saturn Grill?

according to steve today .. saturn grill will be going in next to GOGO sushi at the 10th and Walker traffic circle
    http://blog.newsok.com/okccentral/20...ktown-updates/

With all the new restaurants, this area of Midtown needs more parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Or maybe a streetcar?

11. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

And so it begns...

A lot of the people who will be eating in Midtown can walk there. When the streetcar is done, anyone living downtown will be able to ride there. If the city wanted to put a parking garage somewhere vaguely in the vicinity that would be OK, but there's no need to add parking in the immediate area, IMO.

FYI - skyline was only joking about the parking.

While walking back to my office from Louies tonight after dinner we walked down 11th street and noticed a parking lot that says it is for patrons of Plaza Court and the Walker shops. This is directly south of the Palo Duro complex. I never noticed this before and am sure that it is not utilized much. Maybe someone should put a sign in the grass lot to direct traffice there before construction begins on the Edge this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    FYI - skyline was only joking about the parking.
    I was waiting to see if anyone would get that or not. Yes, I was only joking, trying to bring a little Bricktown humor to Midtown. I would like to see more bicycle racks in this area of Midtown. Each restaurant should have at least one bike rack and the plaza court needs to have multiple.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    While walking back to my office from Louies tonight after dinner we walked down 11th street and noticed a parking lot that says it is for patrons of Plaza Court and the Walker shops. This is directly south of the Palo Duro complex. I never noticed this before and am sure that it is not utilized much. Maybe someone should put a sign in the grass lot to direct traffice there before construction begins on the Edge this summer.
    That parking lot has been there for at least a few years with designated signs for Plaza Court and shops parking. You are right it is not utilized that much, not yet.

The more of a parking problem mid-town develops, the better. Not just because it means it's doing well, but because it means all of the property that will gets walked by suddenly gets more valuable. There is a TON of blank space in mid-town and as traffic, both pedestrian and auto, begins to expand out around plaza court, what was once an unnoticed empty lot on a side street off walker suddenly becomes a good location.

Cool neon sign for "Leggo" building at 1100 N. Broadway:

I know this has already been posed, but when will there be more investment in housing on AA? It's such an ideal location for downtown living. It would be great if the upper floors of all AA buildings would be turned into residential. This is a no-brainer!

19. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

AA would be one of my choices for living downtown. I know some people live on the 2nd floors. I believe one of the employees of the Bluewater Divers lives upstairs in an apartment.

20. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

A Wine & Palette is what I believe you've heard about and it will be in The Packard I'm pretty sure.
    I had someone tell me about a wine bar opening soon in Midtown.

Didn't give specific location or the actual name, so consider this more a a rumor until hearing more details.

Yes, that is correct

This isnt one of those wine and paint things is it? I thought I remember hearing about one of those opening in midtown.

But if its a wine bar, well great. OKC is lagging on good wine bars

What do people think will happen when all of midtown's vacant or abandoned buildings have been renovated? Will older buildings that are currently occupied be renovated or will new ones be built? That time is quickly approaching

I think development will continue to accelerate and that we are only getting started.

Seems like all these projects -- especially the apartments -- have been very successful so that will not only encourage more development but make it easier to get financing.

And once the streetcar project starts in earnest, that will be even a bigger catalyst.

There are still tons of empty lots between the CBD and 13th.

Thread Information