Widgets Magazine
Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1758

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

There are 15 other cities that will get an Eataly before OKC, most likely. Best to give up on that pipe dream for a few years.

2. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    All they are asking if for people's favorite.

I know they have a bunch of things in the works and an Italian restaurant is not one of them.
    Good to know. Seemed so random haha

I know they have a bunch of things in the works and an Italian restaurant is not one of them.
    Any chance/rumor/inkling of a Pappas concept? With capital grill and maseros....wouldn't think Pappas Brothers Steakhouse or a Pappascito but a Pappadeaux would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Any chance/rumor/inkling of a Pappas concept? With capital grill and maseros....wouldn't think Pappas Brothers Steakhouse or a Pappascito but a Pappadeaux would be fantastic.
    Not that I've heard.

Remember, Pappadeaux still owns that parcel on the south side of Memorial just east of Lake Hefner Parkway.

Pappadeaux was my favorite place to eat but they got to the point where they priced me out. They are simply too expensive but as a once a year treat. I've personally found Brent's Cajun in Edmond to be a great substitute.

Drove by today and saw steel going up for Arhaus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Pappadeaux was my favorite place to eat but they got to the point where they priced me out. They are simply too expensive but as a once a year treat. I've personally found Brent's Cajun in Edmond to be a great substitute.
    You can eat at Pappadeaux in the airport.

That is not the kind of place that is going to be an anchor at this development. Might be a fit at Chisolm Creek or something.

Not what I heard...

Feel like a Mi Cocina + Monkey Bar (similar to the ones in Highland Park Village) could be a good fit here and relatively feasible as a new-to-market entrant. As much as I would love an Eataly, there has to be a less than zero chance of that happening.

I don't know if Mi Cocina would open in the same development as Meseros. I wish Gloria's would open up in the old Cafe Do Brazil space.

I'm in Austin and ate at a Shake Shack.

Can someone tell me why people want that here so badly? I guess maybe if you want less people in the area, but I don't think Shake Shack would do amazingly in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I'm in Austin and ate at a Shake Shack.

Can someone tell me why people want that here so badly? I guess maybe if you want less people in the area, but I don't think Shake Shack would do amazingly in OKC.
    Cache, which OKC needs as much as they can get of, right now. OKC is trying to take that next step up, so if you can't offer tourists something they recognize, but may not have, why would they come here?

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Cache, which OKC needs as much as they can get of, right now. OKC is trying to take that next step up, so if you can't offer tourists something they recognize, but may not have, why would they come here?
    I don't know, I feel like in a Google Maps/Yelp world, people probably don't look at restaurants through the lens of what they recognize. I think it's more important to have quality/consistency in execution than name recognition.

I don't think that idea applies to retail, only restaurants.

We love shack shack! It’s a high-quality burger and we’ve never been disappointed in the dozen or so trips in multiple states. Not really sure how shake shack would cause less people to frequent a district.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    We love shack shack! It’s a high-quality burger and we’ve never been disappointed in the dozen or so trips in multiple states. Not really sure how shake shack would cause less people to frequent a district.
    Never said less people would go. More people will if SS opens here. People go places for SS. Same with in-n-out.

16. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Ate at a SS 5 years ago in DTLA and was bummed as I kept reading about it being better than INO. It was not. Gave it another go in McKinney about 3 years ago. Same result. Did not taste the hype. I'm and INO guy but would love to see a Culvers, which would not be at Oak anyway.

Its overpriced fast food.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Its overpriced fast food.
    Any fast casual chain is just overpriced fast food if you’re more concerned about price than food.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    Ate at a SS 5 years ago in DTLA and was bummed as I kept reading about it being better than INO. It was not. Gave it another go in McKinney about 3 years ago. Same result. Did not taste the hype. I'm and INO guy but would love to see a Culvers, which would not be at Oak anyway.
    I liked In-N-Out the first handful of times I had it, but maybe halfway through my first semester in college I got sick of it. The best thing about In-N-Out to me these days is they carry 7up instead of Sprite or Sierra Mist/Starry. Their fries have also grown on me.

20. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Just had Shake Shack in Denver on Saturday. I took my family on a big detour to get there and everyone, including myself, was greatly impressed. I guess everyone has different experiences but I find the food to be spectacular from the 3 locations I’ve visited!

Blog Entries

Cache and Shake Shack don’t deserve to be in the same sentence. We need to aim higher than a burger chain that is slightly above average. IMHO

Never said less people would go. More people will if SS opens here. People go places for SS. Same with in-n-out.
    My fault! I replied to you instead of Teo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Cache and Shake Shack don’t deserve to be in the same sentence. We need to aim higher than a burger chain that is slightly above average. IMHO
    Thank you for saying that. I too have been to Shake Shack. I mean, it’s fine, but certainly not worthy of this development. There are more than enough places in OKC to get an eight dollar fast food hamburger anyway. Local places that deserve civic support.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    Thank you for saying that. I too have been to Shake Shack. I mean, it’s fine, but certainly not worthy of this development. There are more than enough places in OKC to get an eight dollar fast food hamburger anyway. Local places that deserve civic support.
    shake shack is not fast food

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    Shake shack is a cult. Sort of like In n Out, or 5 Guys. I like InNOut, not because they are the greatest burger in the world, but they don’t imagine they are something they are not.

Thread Information