Widgets Magazine
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1507

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Wish they would bring back “tap to pay” at the pumps. Much less chance for credit card skimming that when you must insert you card into the reader. Not sure why it was discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesta Parker View Post
    Wish they would bring back “tap to pay” at the pumps. Much less chance for credit card skimming that when you must insert you card into the reader. Not sure why it was discontinued.
    You can pay in the Fuel Forward app with Apple Pay and get 5 cents off per gallon. The app is probably on Android as well.

3. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    You can pay in the Fuel Forward app with Apple Pay and get 5 cents off per gallon. The app is probably on Android as well.
    If you use a Phillips 66 credit card, with the app, you get an additional $0.10 to $0.20 off too.

I buy all my gas with a Sams Mastercard. 5% cash back on gas purchased anywhere. That's .16/gal at 3.19. More if you purchase the higher priced 100%. And I only use OnCue unless I'm out of town and there none around. Never had a CC skimmed there. Also get the OnCue Kickback Card and swipe it before each purchase and earn points to redeem in the store. They add up quick.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mesta Parker View Post
    This!!

Oddly, after clearing the old parking lots, Oncue has done nothing at this NW Ex & May location.

Absolutely nothing happening at the old Hilton Inn NW right next door, nor the old Lakeview Towers.

Seems like it took them forever to build the one on Rt 66 and Kilpatrick Turnpike.

8. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Maybe they’re waiting to see how tomorrow’s FOMC meeting plays out?

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Seems like it took them forever to build the one on Rt 66 and Kilpatrick Turnpike.
    The one at NW 13th & Classen has also seemingly been in the pipeline for years and years.

The one at SW 104th/I44 looks real close to opening in next couple of weeks

They seem to do one at a time these days.

Any idea what the average cost to build one is excluding the land as that probably varies widely depending on location.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Except their stupid app doesn't like my Citi Mastercard that I use, so that's out. I refuse to link apps to my bank account.

Tap to pay isn't hard, many places do it, OnCue even used to do it. That tells me it is likely a $$ driven decision, not a technology limitation. Sad.

SW 104th & Porland opened today.

Quote Originally Posted by bchandler02 View Post
    Except their stupid app doesn't like my Citi Mastercard that I use, so that's out. I refuse to link apps to my bank account.

Tap to pay isn't hard, many places do it, OnCue even used to do it. That tells me it is likely a $$ driven decision, not a technology limitation. Sad.
    They've told me it's a fraud related problem. Not sure that I buy that excuse considering my knowledge in the payments industry, but that's what I've been told when I've ran into locations with it "disabled."

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    SW 104th & May opened today.
    Do you mean SW 104th & Portland?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Do you mean SW 104th & Portland?
    Yes, thanks. I correct my post.

18. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

SW 104th & Porland opened today.
    Does that mean the one on United Founders is next? Hoping so.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Does that mean the one on United Founders is next? Hoping so.
    Hasn't been any movement since clearing the parking lots, as you know.

They have a bunch in the queue including NW 13th & Classen, NW 178th & Portland, SE 15th & I-35, and I-35 and S. Grand.

It will be nice once they start work on the UF store. Also, wondering when they will be starting the one on 13th and Western?

I suspect they've slowed their roll because of the incredibly tight job market.

Not just in general, but in just the last several years we've literally had hundreds of new OnCue, 7-11, Casey's, eExpress and QT is now hiring in Moore.

I know 7-11 has been having fits.

I suspect they've slowed their roll because of the incredibly tight job market.

Not just in general, but in just the last several years we've literally had hundreds of new OnCue, 7-11, Casey's, eExpress and QT is now hiring in Moore.

I know 7-11 has been having fits.
    This state has more convenience stores than any other state I have ever lived in. And I have lived in some big cities.

I guess the demand is there.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    This state has more convenience stores than any other state I have ever lived in. And I have lived in some big cities.

I guess the demand is there.
    Our three "big players" are all relatively new to the market, and I think all trying to outdo each other in regards to expansion and having the best location. Given the car centered culture of the OKC Metro and how spread out we really are, C-Stores are easy to build with very little pushback. Not unique to OKC, but all three listed below are trying to also go above and beyond in what the store offers. Things like 7-11's Lardeo Taco, Oncue's The Grill, and Casey's Pizza are competing for non-traditional C-store revenue.

-OnCue came in to the OKC market fill the QuikTrip not in OKC void in about 2009, but has expanded rapidly in the last few years.
    -7-11 while established by the Brown Family, sold to the 7-11 Corporation in Dallas in early 2020, and since taking over they have been busy building new stores.
    -Caseys bought out the CircleK stores in spring 2021, but also has been expanding with newly built stores across OKC.

Stopped by the new store at SW104th/Portland. Seems larger than the other ones I have been in. They took what I call the wing area (The areas that is behind the grill on one side and behind the walk in and bathrooms on the other) and added seating to one side and made the other side an automotive area. Store has the new quick checkout registers
    Last edited by Jeepnokc; 07-09-2023 at 09:23 AM. Reason: typo

I was in 3 different QTs in Tulsa last weekend and I will say that OnCue has them beat hands down on bathroom facilities. I was really surprised as all I've heard is how great QYs are.

Thread Information