Widgets Magazine
Page 50 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I took pics in Midtown today, will post soon.
    And...

Tha lot on 10th and Hudson would make a great large hotel site, like the Aloft in DD.

Tha lot on 10th and Hudson would make a great large hotel site, like the Aloft in DD.
    It would make a better mid-rise apartment/condo building. What I don't fully understand is why 6 different developers would bid on the Mercy site and the 5 'losers' just throw their plans in the trash when they don't win. OKC has no shortage of buildable space. Is land assembly really that hard to do? (That is a serious question btw). If so, what can be done to help assemble land for large scale development?

Maybe instead of having a low base tax level and then assessing a higher value for developed lots (which discourages development), we do the exact opposite and start with a high base level and offer credits to developed lots (which would encourage owners to build something).

just a note ... the balconies will be installed at 1212 N walker .. in about 2 weeks

Thanks for helping me post them Pete. If you notice, the brackets are now in place for the balconies.

Those brackets have been there since construction started. The recent developments are the black metal trim between the windows on the east and west sides of the building and the ground floor windows.

No, the brackets are new, the window trim has been there 2-3 weeks. You can see my pics a few posts back of when they were installed. I've been driving by almost daily.

I know it isn't complete but the 1212 exterior looks really boring.

9. Default Re: Midtown Update!!

Well, the defining architectural element will definitely be the balconies, for what it's worth.

No, the brackets are new, the window trim has been there 2-3 weeks. You can see my pics a few posts back of when they were installed. I've been driving by almost daily.
    Look at post 1313 on page 53. The rust metal colored things sticking out of the front? They had to wrap them around the concrete pillars before the siding went on.

Quote Originally Posted by wschnitt View Post
    Look at post 1313 on page 53. The rust metal colored things sticking out of the front? They had to wrap them around the concrete pillars before the siding went on.
    For what it's worth, I agree with you. I saw them a long time ago.

I guess it's what will go on the balconies that will add a little visual impact to the building. Because otherwise, I agree. It's pretty boring. On the other hand, those are nice windows (although they will be a pain in the summertime since they face west) and will be good-sized balconies.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    For what it's worth, I agree with you. I saw them a long time ago.

I guess it's what will go on the balconies that will add a little visual impact to the building. Because otherwise, I agree. It's pretty boring. On the other hand, those are nice windows (although they will be a pain in the summertime since they face west) and will be good-sized balconies.
    Thanks! I bike past there twice a day. You miss a lot of stuff by driving.

Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Nutritional Food Center at 10th and Classen.

This business has made major improvements to the exterior and really looks great. At first I thought it was a new business, but the Nutritional Center has been there for many years.

Maybe one of the Okctalk staff photographers can snap a few pics. Although the before and after would really tell the story.

Yeah, the remodel was MUCH needed to say the least. It was done last year. I will try to snap a pic next time.

15. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Villa Teresa school closing. I wonder what will become of their campus.

http://newsok.com/villa-teresa-catho...rticle/3656384

Sad news and a HUGE loss to Midtown. Hopefully some donors will step up.

The loss of Villa is very sad. From my understanding, the school will close but I think the Nuns are staying in the convent for the time being. I don't think the Archdiocese has any plans of stepping in and stoping it from closing. The other Catholic schools in the area St. Francis and John Carroll will pick up where Villa Theresa is leaving - but that still doesn't account for the loss that is going to hid Midtown.

I had someone tell me about a wine bar opening soon in Midtown.

Didn't give specific location or the actual name, so consider this more a a rumor until hearing more details.

Could be the space at 1212

I office on the same street as Villa Teresa. Ironically, there is now a big fence around a field across the street that was previously overflow parking for the school, complete with construction warning signs. This has all gone up since the school announced it was closed. I can't find a permit for the technical address of the field.

Anyone have any ideas? Everyone in my office is curious.

That vacant lot across from Villa Teresa is part of this development:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=28892&page=1

Don't know if this is officially in Midtown, but the Classen Terrace building is finally coming down. Years ago it used to be the headquarters for HTB, an Architect / Engineering firm. Sunbeam Family Services purchased it at auction from the state last year. NW of NW 13th and Classen Blvd.

Buffalo Bill, please see this thread on Classen Terrace:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=29085

24. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Saturn Grill coming to Midtown?

"Midtowners, your view of Saturn is getting ready to become very clear. Chef Joseph Royer is ready to open a third location, and Midtown is the choice — details to come soon."

Read more: http://newsok.com/end-of-trattoria-i...#ixzz1qQupZEDh

Ahhhhh! Happiness. I adore Saturn Grill, and Midtown is a perfect new location.

Thread Information