Widgets Magazine
Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2070

Thread: University Town Center

Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    OU students routinely visit Target but wouldn't drive to the next intersection to visit Top Golf or Chicken & Pickle. Tell me more.
    You missed the smiley on my comment. It was total sarcasm about those who think an arena would be a massive fail here.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    You missed the smiley on my comment. It was total sarcasm about those who think an arena would be a massive fail here.
    It’s not that it would be a massive fail, it will just be a long-term mistake.

Yeah, only a Sith deals in absolutes. Not being a massive failure doesn’t mean it’s in the best location.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I could see Old Navy moving from the mall into one of those spots.

5. Default Re: University Town Center

If they could figure out how to get an on/off ramp at Rock Creek, it sure would make traffic in and out better. Seems like it would be worth it for the few business that would be affected by the land buy.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    If they could figure out how to get an on/off ramp at Rock Creek, it sure would make traffic in and out better. Seems like it would be worth it for the few business that would be affected by the land buy.
    Too late now but express and local lanes through Norman would have been a good idea. Two center lanes of thru traffic and 2 lanes of local traffic each way. It would have allowed for more on/off ramps

They have also just completed a massive clearing job immediately west of the new Young Family Athletic Center. Seems to be prep work for more parcel development.

THIS!!! Lived over in those apartments for a bit. The whole area is completely hampered by Rock Creek not having on/off ramps. I'm positive this would relieve some strain from the Tecumseh/24th & Tecumseh/Flood intersections as well. I wouldn't say it's too late to build the ramps, they could just make the on/off ramps similar to Robinson with some reconfigurations (but those are also nightmares tbh but better than nothing). Norman....

They are planning to add ramps to Rock Creek road.

10. Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They are planning to add ramps to Rock Creek road.
    Sweet.

And its never too late. Just because something got built where the ramp would go, doesn't mean they wont just buy it out and doze it.

A proposed $1 billion entertainment district is set to be announced by Team Norman, a group of city and university leaders, during the Norman Economic Development Coalition’s annual State of the Economy breakfast Wednesday.

Team Norman described the district as a mixed-use development that would include a multi-purpose performance venue for entertainment and sporting events. The development would also include new retail shops, restaurants, bars, offices, a hotel and housing for “thousands.”
    https://www.oudaily.com/news/campus/...98edcdee2.html

HangryHippo Guest

Was just coming to post this.

Pete, what are you hearing about this? Would this be at UNP or part of the rumored campus corner overhaul?

My understanding is they have everything lined up and the project will go forward pretty much as originally proposed, but with the addition of a National Weather Center museum and a lot of housing.

Before, the City of Norman was asked to kick in about $90 million and this time it will be closer to $30 million with the County shouldering more of the load. I believe they have everything lined up -- including the support of City Council -- and it's all systems go.

Exciting stuff, especially with Campus Corner still moving forward behind the scenes.

Pete, what do you think about the arena being set separate from campus?

Quote Originally Posted by LRSooner View Post
    I hated it at first, but now I'm fully on board.

It's the only way a new basketball facility can be built within the next two decades and LNC was antiquated 20 years ago. OU has two new talented and ambitious basketball coaches and they need help.

I've been to USC's purpose-built Galen Center and it's awesome; so much better than the 1970s bowl arenas of the past. I'm sure this will be very similar and be a huge improvement.

OU is trying to do a bunch of big things all at once due to the SEC move, so this takes a big piece off of their plate so they can concentrate on everything else. There is much more coming.

Quote Originally Posted by LRSooner View Post
    i'm not pete. but it will be walking distance from my house. just have to cross I-35 at rock creek. so i'm all for it

Are they keeping the same renderings as the proposal from a few years ago?

Just saw Pete’s comment and that answered my question, haha

21. Default Re: University Town Center

Hoping this can bring some concerts to the area as well as other events. Neat if they could do the gymnastics events there too. Lots of people seem to go to those.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Hoping this can bring some concerts to the area as well as other events. Neat if they could do the gymnastics events there too. Lots of people seem to go to those.
    They will. Gymnastics will follow to this arena, I'm fairly sure.

Ho hum, another $1 billion project coming to metro OKC...

As I stated earlier, we are getting ready to be in the middle of the biggest building boom this metro area has ever seen.

What changes are coming to Campus Corner? I've heard it mentioned a few times recently.

Quote Originally Posted by caaokc View Post
    What changes are coming to Campus Corner? I've heard it mentioned a few times recently.
    Likely a complete tear-down and rebuild of 3-5 level buildings with apartments and hotel rooms above and retail/restaurants at street level + lots of structured parking.

Thread Information