Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Nordstrom Rack

Default Re: Nordstrom Rack to Belle Isle Station

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I don't believe he was, he was using Charlotte as an example that a nice shopping center is not a requirement for them. While not saying Belle Isle is bad either.
    It does look like he's implying that Belle Isle is a struggling shopping center by saying Nordstrom Rack's typically go into shopping centers like "that" & then mentions the Nordstrom Rack in Charlotte is in a struggling shopping center. I don't read minds though so I won't say what he actually meant.

I'll let him respond, but the way I read it was a) They are not so picky when it comes to the shopping center b) a worst case scenario qualifier was they located in a really bad shopping center in charlotte. Both are separate statements where a =! b but b validates a, but a does not correlate to b in this instance.

I'll let him respond, but the way I read it was a) They are not so picky when it comes to the shopping center b) a worst case scenario qualifier was they located in a really bad shopping center in charlotte. Both are separate statements where a =! b but b validates a, but a does not correlate to b in this instance.
    Hmm. I didn't read it at all like that, but that may be how he meant it. I have no clue.

This is how I meant it. Belle Isle, with all its problems, is way better than the shopping center they chose in Charlotte. Of course, Charlotte has a full-line store and OKC does not, but Nordstrom Rack is not Nordstrom. They aren't picky about the shopping centers they choose, the appearance, the landscaping, etc. Hopefully this eventually leads to a full store in OKC.

I do have hopes that this will lead to a full scale Nordstrom opening up in OKC. I don't know why it would exactly, but it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    I do have hopes that this will lead to a full scale Nordstrom opening up in OKC. I don't know why it would exactly, but it would be nice.
    I really hope so too. But of course it will all depend on the numbers...which I'm worried about, since a lot of people complain it's more pricier than TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc.
    Last edited by Mastermind; 08-24-2013 at 01:07 AM. Reason: added quote

The space where the Rack store went into had sat vacant for many years IIRC, I think it used to be Linen's & Things. The one in South Austin went into a former CompUSA and a closed Sprout's store (it closed before the merger with Sunflower which had a location a few miles away) and that strip center had some similar issues to Belle Isle, some of the large tenants shut down or closed a large number of stores across the country. I think Nordstrom looks for a "distressed location" for cost savings and with the downturn it made those big box locations easier to find in even stronger big box malls.

My goodness following them on twitter is killing me! And the worse thing is that I can't go on opening day 'cause of school
    https://twitter.com/belleisle_rack

mastermind: priorities priorities priorities....just skip school and go shopping!

I wouldn't call Belle Isle station a "distressed location." The center does quite well.

Apparently there was a private opening party yesterday (probably for mostly bloggers, which is what they usually do for new store openings). I'm not finding a lot of photos though... wish OKC was more active in social media And lol @Larry OKC I may love Nordstrom, but school is my top priority right now

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    Apparently there was a private opening party yesterday (probably for mostly bloggers, which is what they usually do for new store openings). I'm not finding a lot of photos though... wish OKC was more active in social media And lol @Larry OKC I may love Nordstrom, but school is my top priority right now
    If you think OKC isn't active in social media, you must not be using social media...

Look at https://twitter.com/_jenniferjames for a couple pics and a video.

''Nordstrom Rack opens at Belle Isle Station

The outlet division of Nordstrom carries designer clothes at less than retail price. The store opens at 9 a.m. Thursday.

Pulling carts brimming with designer jeans, coats and topped with a handbag, Janis and Jessica Scaramucci stopped short of entering the shoe department at Nordstrom Rack to discuss their next move.

Delores Donnelly cheers as she enters Nordstrom Rack on Tuesday, during a pre-opening special event. The store opens at 9 a.m. Thursday. Photo by Bryan Terry, The Oklahoman Bryan Terry
    Do they fight the crowd and go in, searching for the perfect pair? Or should they move on and call the shopping excursion a success?

Either way, the seasoned shoppers were thrilled the Nordstrom name is finally on a storefront in Oklahoma City.

“I love Oklahoma City, but we're really kind of a shopping nowheresville,” said Janis Scaramucci, of Norman. She's a longtime Nordstrom shopper and visits the store in other cities while traveling.

Nordstrom Rack, at 1741 Belle Isle Boulevard, opens Thursday. The Scaramuccis and about 750 other people were attending an invite-only preview on Tuesday for customers who've shopped at a Nordstrom before, said Kate DeToye, a spokeswoman for Nordstrom''

Read more here: Nordstrom Rack opens at Belle Isle Station | News OK

I stopped by as soon as I got out of school. They surprisingly still had plenty of free tote bags left, and I went around 5pm.
    I was also surprised they carried Burberry, Diane von Furstenburg, and Kate Spade. Nordstrom Racks all differ in the brands they carry, and it was really good to see
    They could work on the layout though. I thought all the accessories would be on one side of the store, but women's sunglasses were placed in front of the entrance, handbags were on the left, jewelry, etc was on the right side.. it'll probably change though, once they figure out what works and doesn't.

I honestly never expected to see a Rack in OKC within the two years I've lived here. So so grateful

Oh and I'm sorry for my social media comment, but coming from the Northeast, I couldn't help it :P

Tulsa is in our wake for a change.

Oklahoma, nation retail briefs | News OK

TULSA — Nordstrom Rack is coming to Tulsa with a new store in the Woodland Plaza shopping center next year. The 33,000-square-foot location is expected to open in the spring. Nordstrom Rack, the off-price division of Nordstrom Inc., sells name-brand clothes, accessories and shoes at a discount. The first Nordstrom Rack in the state opened in Oklahoma City last month.

Thread Information