Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Taco Bell

Default Re: Taco Bell off of the service road on I-240 and May.

LOL...I have mixed feelings about that...the old one was in need of repair but the thing I liked about the original buildings (before Carl Jr took they over a few years ago) was they looked distinctly ethnic...they looked more like a home than a restaurant...had fireplaces...mexican antiques etc. ...they took away some of the Mexican aspects a few years ago when they did a minor remodel (modern in/outside light fixtures etc). Some of the remodels over the years looked more like a hospital cafeteria than a tex-mex place (the Carl Jr/Green Burritto influence again). Fortunately Carl Jr sold them off a couple of years ago when Carls was needing cash and TB was one of the few money making concepts they had at the time.

On the positive side the interior is VERY nicely done (but they took out the backlit menu boards and replaced them with poorly lit cheap paper ones...they would look great if still backlit). That and while the fixtures are Mexican looking the light shades look Italian?

On the down side, the exterior looks confused. looks like one of those Yum Brands places where it is a some combination of KFC/taco Bell/A&W/Long John Silvers...they either go with conflicting building types or generic. Anyway, to get back to taco Bueno exterior, parts of it look mexican but the entrance and drive thru "towers" look like they belong on an IHOP and the back of the building with the white clapboard siding looks like a LJS or Red Lobster.

plus there were items that I wanted from the old store that are in a landfill now.

It looks like they are finally doing something with the land here. There are several bulldozers moving fresh dirt around. Hopefully they build a shiny new Taco Hell so that land doesn't sit empty any longer.

Construction has started in earnest on the site now; ground work and plumbing are going in, so whatever delays were at hand appear to have been overcome. The Taco Bell sign remains, so I assume that's not changing...for now.

Foundation is poured and walls are going up.

Default Re: Taco Bell

This is pretty cool. I wonder if OKC will get any designs like this:

https://www.thrillist.com/news/natio...ess-drive-thru

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BDA86B11-2028-4C67-9CA1-A4126E958CA8.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	17045

That's probably how all drive-thrus are going to look in the next 20-30 years. Even the Chik-Fil-A model with multiple lanes, climate controlled canopies, and an army of workers with tablets seems outdated in comparison to that. Anything to remove workers from the payroll and replace with kiosks.

So far basically any version of a mobile app a company has made has been way better than their kiosk version, plus it is pretty trivial to allow to save your favorite orders their so follow up uses are even easier than the first time.

It’s pretty cool how the kitchen is on the second floor and they lower your food to you with a lift.

Now if they could just work on their raison d'être. The quality of their product needs to return to pre PepsiCo days.

Thread Information