Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pizzeria Gusto

1. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Very excited about this place! We desperately need better pizza in this town.
    I'm excited about it too, not that I think we need better pizza, but be careful what you wish for. I thought Back Door BBQ was going to bring top notch BBQ to OKC and it just brought high priced mediocre BBQ to OKC.

What I'm most excited about is that they are bringing another style of pizza to town. I'm perfectly happy with Humble Pie for Chicago Style and Papa Angelo's for New York Style and I also enjoy Sandro's, Empire, and The Wedge on occasion.

Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I'm excited about it too, not that I think we need better pizza, but be careful what you wish for. I thought Back Door BBQ was going to bring top notch BBQ to OKC and it just brought high priced mediocre BBQ to OKC.

What I'm most excited about is that they are bringing another style of pizza to town. I'm perfectly happy with Humble Pie for Chicago Style and Papa Angelo's for New York Style and I also enjoy Sandro's, Empire, and The Wedge on occasion.
    I am looking forward to this opening as well. but I have to agree with you on back door.. I was very excited and its just very little food for big price tag and quality is just ok..

Storefront going in, interior shaping up (from their FB page):

I have to say that those ceiling light fixtures have to be unique for a pizza place.

Gorgeous

From their FB page:

8. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	281.3 KB 
ID:	9273

That is stunning.

10. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Totally agree. What a great spot.

11. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    From their FB page:
    I'm really impressed that they installed wood-framed glazing. It's highly unusual in modern commercial construction and a really nice (and timeless) touch.

Blog Entries

Ian, are going to paint over the faded text and keep your new signage to the south part of the building or keep the new signage centered on the front facade?

13. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    I'm really impressed that they installed wood-framed glazing. It's highly unusual in modern commercial construction and a really nice (and timeless) touch.
    Agree 100%.

They have made a huge investment in this building.

But with their track record, you can almost guarantee the place will be overrun from Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have made a huge investment in this building.

But with their track record, you can almost guarantee the place will be overrun from Day 1.
    I'd hate to be the managers of Pizza 23 right now. To date, no one I've met loves Pizza 23. But because of its location and lack of any real competition (i.e. no sit-down restaurant in the vicinity besides Cheever's, which is at a very different price point) it has been popular with the neighborhood. You ask if someone wants to go to Pizza 23 and the answer is a, "sure why not?" and never a "YES!!!" If a much superior restaurant opens nearby, the lack of customers at Pizza 23 will be stunning.

Looks like the interior is getting close, but there is still tons of work to do outside; they plan to open next month:

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    I'd hate to be the managers of Pizza 23 right now. To date, no one I've met loves Pizza 23. But because of its location and lack of any real competition (i.e. no sit-down restaurant in the vicinity besides Cheever's, which is at a very different price point) it has been popular with the neighborhood. You ask if someone wants to go to Pizza 23 and the answer is a, "sure why not?" and never a "YES!!!" If a much superior restaurant opens nearby, the lack of customers at Pizza 23 will be stunning.
    I got to Pizza23 for Salad. their chopped salad is soooo good. but for Pizza there are other options. and this will be another option on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I got to Pizza23 for Salad. their chopped salad is soooo good. but for Pizza there are other options. and this will be another option on top of that.
    I really do love Pizza23. I hope they make it. May go there Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I really do love Pizza23. I hope they make it. May go there Saturday
    I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    My wife and I love Pizza 23 and if we lived closer, we would go there more often. I have taken several out of towners there and they really like it, but I had a sense the area wasn't their favorite (homeless people walking in front and shouting at people across the street, cars bassing down the street cursing at each other, etc). I think once the building across the street (I think it is owned by David Box) is renovated and the The Rise is open, some of those things will change by themselves.

Getting their awning installed. Thanks to Urban Pioneer for the photo:

22. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

They are only 2-3 weeks from opening!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10542978_783183988409295_211553228044437043_o.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	280.2 KB 
ID:	9339

23. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

This is really becoming a gem.

They are certainly sinking tons of money into this place.

There is still a lot of work to be done outside, but hopefully that will move fast now.

25. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    This is really becoming a gem.
    Less than a year ago if they had applied for a demolition permit it would have passed with nary a peep.

Thread Information