Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Spark

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    what is the official verdict on the pink fries? those look . . . interesting.
    Would smash again.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    what is the official verdict on the pink fries? those look . . . interesting.
    It's basically a garlic aioli and gets its pink color from beets... they're pretty good.

I went for dinner on Friday. The veggie burger was one of the best I have ever had. I also had the Peach Club Special and enjoyed it very much. I biked to Scissortail and parked my bike right there at Spark. I found the service very fast and friendly. Overall a really good experience.

I was at Scissortail for a couple of hours today (Saturday) and the park was very busy but of course people are spread out throughout.

Spark had a long line inside and both their quick-service windows were closed, but they had a stand-alone bar on their covered patio. They were serving beer, wine and even their frozen club specials; they had a mobile card reader for transactions.

Nice to see them so busy and they seem to have become pretty popular.

Hah, I wonder if I might have seen you there Pete, I was at the park today and ate at Spark around 11-ish. I stopped by about five minutes after they opened and there was already a line when I got there.

6. Default Re: Spark

Spark in Chisholm Creek is Now Open.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0584.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	8.17 MB 
ID:	18834 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0588.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	18835 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0591.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	3.90 MB 
ID:	18836 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0587.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	6.62 MB 
ID:	18837 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0594.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	4.38 MB 
ID:	18838 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0593.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	4.67 MB 
ID:	18839

For those who have been to Shake Shack, how does Spark compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'd probably give it up to Spark. Shake Shack is fine, I've never been disappointed, like you wouldn't catch me complaining about it at any point. But I can't say I've ever made it a real destination outside of the first time I tried it. We get real excited to go to Spark, though. Granted, that's so far been tied into fun times at Scissortail or Downtown generally so can't say that's not influencing it some.

But probably if they were next door to each other I'd pick Spark either way.

Favorably.

Do anyone know the address for the new location? For some reason it is not on the website

12. Default Re: Spark

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    Do anyone know the address for the new location? For some reason it is not on the website
    1332 W Memorial Rd STE 101, Oklahoma City, OK 73114

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    1332 W Memorial Rd STE 101, Oklahoma City, OK 73114
    Thank you, I appreciate it!

I'm on Team Shake Shack - Spark just doesn't have an equivalent to a Smoke Shack burger. I will agree the fries are very close between the two (minus the pink stuff - I'm a no condiment fries person.) Spark is very good without a doubt, but not quite as good as Shake Shack in my opinion. I think Burger Punk may be the closest thing to Shake Shack in OKC.

15. Default Re: Spark

The Nichols Hills Location will be located in the old Chicken Salad Chick

I am a vegetarian so I can't speak for the Spark beef burgers, but I really enjoy the Park Power Bowl. It is delicious and quite filling. I have had the veggie burger once but prefer the Bowl.

I will say -- and I've relayed this to the Spark ownership -- their branding is fantastic. It's better than a bunch of national chains with much bigger resources.

The entire Social Order group does a great job with social media and marketing as well, and have done from the jump.

18. Default Re: Spark

I will say -- and I've relayed this to the Spark ownership -- their branding is fantastic. It's better than a bunch of national chains with much bigger resources.

The entire Social Order group does a great job with social media and marketing as well, and have done from the jump.
    Being inside of the new spot yesterday, the branding stood out. Everything from the interior down to the sheet paper on the tray for the food is branded. It is my favorite branding right now when it comes to OKC brands.

Definitely agree on this. They may become the "signature" OKC burger place if they continue on their recent trajectory.

Great news on the new location! Close to my neck of the woods & another good reason to get to the area.

I've had Shake Shack and Spark recently and they're both good. The Smoke Shack is a very good burger IMO. Spark has more diversity- I had a chicken sandwich and my wife got a healthy power bowl and they were both good. Corndogs are a footlong for kids and that was good as well along with the pink fries. Need to get a burger on my next visit but the options look good.

Everytime I order the BLC it's gone in 3 minutes of the 1st bite. Next time I'll get a double patty but it might be my favorite burger period.

I've been to Shake Shack and was pretty unimpressed given the following it has. It's a good burger, but it's nothing special.

I went to Spark to try their food out, their bacon cheese fries was terrible, it was hard to chew and has barely have any cheese on it but however, the bacon was good, I got a regular Spark burger and it was very good, next time, I just going to get the burger without the fries

Spark should lease the old Penny Hill space at Lindsey & Berry in Norman

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Spark should lease the old Penny Hill space at Lindsey & Berry in Norman
    That would be nice so I do not have to drive 30 minutes to get Spark and if they build one in Norman then it would only take me 15 minutes

Thread Information