Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Del Rancho

Default Re: Del Rancho

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    you're a better man than me... i'd tackle one by myself. with cheese and bacon. -M
    I think I could party with someone who thinks this way!

The Del Rancho in Mustang is very good too.

The one at 50th & MacArthur is open, went by there Friday night around 6 pm and it was PACKED. Not a single stall available and several cars waiting for a stall to empty out!

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    yeah... screaming with delight. i've gotta admit that i only order that one maybe two times a year.

in oklahoma, gravy is a vegetable. is this a great state or what?

-M
    LOL Are you sure? I thought it was the Watermelon or something equally bizarre? Remember it even making Leno and Letterman..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    The one at 50th & MacArthur is open, went by there Friday night around 6 pm and it was PACKED. Not a single stall available and several cars waiting for a stall to empty out!
    I went there this afternoon all ready for a steak sandwich supreme and it was closed. Maybe they aren't open on Sundays?

Sounds odd, they aren't Chik-fil-A but I guess it is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    The Del Ranchos are owned by different franchisees and there obviously isn't any sort of tight corporate control, so there is probably a decent amount of variation between locations.

Having said that, I would kill for a decent chicken fried steak out here, sandwich form or otherwise! But perhaps it's best I can only have it the once or twice a year I visit Oklahoma.
    Hahaha...my California relatives are the same way! The first thing they do when they get to Okahoma is get a chicken fried steak.

I went there again today and it was closed again. There was a sign up saying it was temporarily closed on Sundays. Hopefully that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I went there again today and it was closed again. There was a sign up saying it was temporarily closed on Sundays. Hopefully that will change.
    I was so disappointed when we pulled up on Sunday! They have to be missing out on a ton of business on Sundays. At least 4 other cars pulled up during the 2 minutes it took us to google & map the next closest location.

Chick-Fil-A makes 3 times the money per store compared to McDonalds and they are closed Sundays. I applaud them for taking a day of rest, even though Del Rancho is no Chick-Fil-A. If you want CFS on Sunday, go to Chuck House, it's wayyy better anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Chick-Fil-A makes 3 times the money per store compared to McDonalds and they are closed Sundays. I applaud them for taking a day of rest, even though Del Rancho is no Chick-Fil-A. If you want CFS on Sunday, go to Chuck House, it's wayyy better anyways.
    But for Chick-Fil-A that is standard policy everywhere. That's not so for Del Rancho and according to their sign is only a temporary situation. I'm fine with any business which decides to close on Sunday when it's a standard policy such as liquor stores. It is a little confusing though when trying to visit a type of business which is normally open. As for Chuck House, I'm sure it's fine. It's just much further from where I live and I'll get something other than CFS.

Default Del Rancho Commercial

Anyone see the new Del Rancho commercials? I have to admit the animated mascot gives the place a more legit feel, as far as one can be impressed while sitting on the couch. Does this mean we will never see the old "Steak Sandwhich Supreme ad" ever again? I wonder what came of that kid. He's got to be in his 30's by now!

Well, I want to try this place after 10+ years of living in the OKC metro. So like what's the thing to get at this place?

The one I drove by looked old-fashioned and somewhat dilapidated, almost like a whiter trash version of Braums. It was the one in Norman on Lindsay close to I-35.

Get a steak sandwich Supreme.

15. Default Re: Del Rancho

Go to the one in Moore. Its the only one we will go to. Steak Sandwich Supreme with onion rings or tots. YUMMMMMMM

Steak Sandwich Supreme or the Chicken Fried Steak Dinner. If you feeling really unhealthy, get the fried corn on the cob as well. The breading is delicious.

Looks can be deceiving. The Del Rancho on Lindsey in Norman is one of my haunts when I'm in Norman at night. Steak Sandwich Supreme. "Little Man"," their mascot has been on before, I just hadn't seen him lately.

It's not what they're known for but I got a great hamburger at the one on MacArthur and NW 63rd earlier this week.

19. Default Re: Del Rancho

I'm hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I'm hungry!
    Will this tide you over until they open again tomorrow?

This was filmed at their Mustang location.

Del Rancho has really good food, but is not very well received by the urban or suburban minded. It is almost strictly marketed & intended for the rural minded, which still make up a decent amount of citizens in the OKC metro area.

I once sat in a Business class & the professor was interested in our opinion of it. I was the only person out of 40+ people who spoke positively about it, and most everybody else had not even tried it before or even knew what it was.

Also, the prep time is pretty bad. I've waited more than 20 minutes before just for one steak sandwich & its the main reason why I do not go more often.

Del Rancho used to be good, went to the one over on MacArthur (I believe) a coupla years ago, was disappointed. Chuck House makes better CFS, in mine and almost everybody I know's opinion...

Last time I was in town -- about a year and half ago -- I had a steak sandwich supreme at the location near 50th & MacArthur and it was pretty darn good.

I also love Chuck House.

Decent chicken fried steak and fried okra are the two things I can't find here in California. Probably just as well.

True that. I also avoid any steak named "country fried". If you know how to make it right, you would know it is "chicken fried"!

Thread Information