Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 94.7's new format

Default Re: 94.7's new format

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    According to their discussion boards the show is gone from 94.7 with the old format.
    I am happy Lex and Terry are gone, they suck, they claim they were highest rated show in Oklahoma City, that is a bunch of you know what!, I just didn't like them, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by theparkman81 View Post
    I am happy Lex and Terry are gone, they suck, they claim they were highest rated show in Oklahoma City, that is a bunch of you know what!, I just didn't like them, but that's just my opinion.
    Syndicated morning shows have never lasted long in Oklahoma City. The local shows last forever. I think it is mainly because people enjoy listening to local discussion on politics, entertainment and gossip. Not to mention the local guys do a half way descent balance to music and talk. How else do you explain Jack and Ron being around as long as they have?

I never really cared for Lex and Terry because the show was idle chatter, listener therapy with a few comedy bits thrown in. The worst show I heard is when they were kissing the ass of the Dallas Cowboy players who started their own band. Then top it off the song was terrible. I have heard better music played by house bands around OKC.

imo, there aren't any good local morning shows here. Rick and Brad suck. Jack and Ron suck and are too political. Joey and Heather would be tolerable if they weren't on a station that played such craptastic "music." TJ and Janet are drama queens...but J-rod is pretty cool.

Two easy, painless solutions----I-POD and Sirius Radio

i have found out the hard way that XM/Sirius has horrible customer service and their business practices are criminal. I POD, on the other hand is the way to go. Of course if you just want to listen to good music in the mornings, on a local station, there is the SPY.

Quote Originally Posted by theparkman81 View Post
    ^^^ Two words for you!-ASS MASTERS!!!!!

I will give 94.7 some credit. They are adding to their playlist. I listen to it when I forget and leave the IPOD at house. They are playing a lot the stuff I like. Some of it is the stuff that Zoobeck plays on his Sunday morning show. It makes me wonder if they are going still Zoobeck from the KATT.

I like Zoobeck because he plays good music and not the manufactured sissy band crap. Not to mention, I grew up listening to Zoobeck at night in the 80's and 90's. It is almost like they are becoming what the Katt used to be back in the 80s and 90's. Back then my radio never left the Katt.

The thing that bugs me about 94.7 is that they don't play what I consider to be the "correct" version of a lot of songs. Example:
    "Sweet Child of Mine" is the short version with the full guitar solo cut out.
    "Here I Go Again" is the remaster or remake and not the original.

These things bug the heck out of me.

9. Default Re: 94.7's new format

Quote Originally Posted by Absolut View Post
    The thing that bugs me about 94.7 is that they don't play what I consider to be the "correct" version of a lot of songs. Example:
    "Sweet Child of Mine" is the short version with the full guitar solo cut out.
    "Here I Go Again" is the remaster or remake and not the original.

These things bug the heck out of me.
    Most stations aren't going to play the long versions simply due to time constraints (see: commercials). I'd love to hear full versions of Meatloaf songs on the air...But I guess that's why I have a stereo that takes a USB jump drive with 16gb of my favorites on it.

Blame the music industry, the RIAA and large conglomerates for the demise of "local radio."

If you want real choices, create an account on www.reciva.com and buy a internet WiFi radio. It is a radio that plays online radio streams from out of market radio stations. WiFi Radio

My problem with 94.7 is they say this is not you dads rock, meaning that they don't play old 107.7 rock, yet they still play old rock. And I like U2 a lot, but dang, they always have U2 on.

Thread Information