Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ludivine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ludivine

Oops, have been walking by this for awhile and forgot to mention it. Very glad it's activating.

Anyone know where Ludivine is moving? Or why? The Oklahoman has an article indicating they are moving to another location within Midtown, but the article is behind a paywall.

Blog Entries

Got posted in a new thread and in Edmond instead of OKC earlier today:

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...92#post1044792

FIRST LOOK: Ludivine to relocate to high-profile NW 10th Street address

Work has started to relocate the ever-popular Ludivine restaurant a few blocks away, from its current location at 805 N Hudson Ave. to a more visible location on NW 10th Street which will directly front the new streetcar route when it starts to roll later this year.

Proprietor Russ Johnson, who also operates R&J Supper Club in the same building, said the two operations will remain distinct, with completely separate menus and kitchens. Johnson indicated that one exception might include serving R&J food in the Ludivine bar later in the evening.

Although the restaurant will be moving, the character-rich Ludivine bar will stay at its current location and be rebranded as Saradina. A menu of tapas and small plates will be added to its selection of craft cocktails, beer and wine.

The new site at 320 NW 10th St. was designed by Fitzsimmons Architects and will feature a screened outdoor patio. The space was formerly occupied by Spur Design.

The building itself is something of a mid-century jewel, built in 1956.

The space that Ludivine will be vacating has already been leased for retail use. The move is planned for later this year.

[/center]

They are working inside but still have quite a bit left to do.

Went to R&J for brunch a couple of weeks ago and bartender said it's supposed to be open in Jan, but most of them at R&J doubt it'll be done in time.

They are now open in the new location with a large patio.

Plans were to keep the existing bar at the original Ludivine, rework it slightly and reopen.

Space is now for lease (on the right below), so I guess that isn't happening.

Default Re: Ludivine/R&J Supper Club

Ludivine per their Facebook is now requiring Proof of Vacination or Negative test result in the last 72 hours to eat inside ... (outside available to all and mask required for all on the way to your seat) https://www.facebook.com/ludivineokc/

The health of our staff & guests is important to us.
    interesting that R&J next door (same owners ) currently does not require either of these things ...

this is the first OKC restaurant to my knowledge to require this ...

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Ludivine per their Facebook is now requiring Proof of Vacination or Negative test result in the last 72 hours to eat inside ... (outside available to all and mask required for all on the way to your seat) https://www.facebook.com/ludivineokc/

interesting that R&J next door (same owners ) currently does not require either of these things ...

Seems like they have had multiple shutdowns due to staff infections, IIRC. So maybe thats what prompted this. The comments section on instagram was hilarious, people pretending to be legal and medical experts, and people who probably never dined there saying they werent ever going to dine there. Whats with the Jesus and fitness crowd being so anti-vax? And frankly they're anti-freedom too, Ludivine has the freedom to determine their dining policies, no? Yet a certain segment of the population think they get to determine what another business can do. Deciding to not vaccinate yourself does not turn you into a protected class.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Seems like they have had multiple shutdowns due to staff infections, IIRC. So maybe thats what prompted this. The comments section on instagram was hilarious, people pretending to be legal and medical experts, and people who probably never dined there saying they werent ever going to dine there. Whats with the Jesus and fitness crowd being so anti-vax? And frankly they're anti-freedom too, Ludivine has the freedom to determine their dining policies, no? Yet a certain segment of the population think they get to determine what another business can do. Deciding to not vaccinate yourself does not turn you into a protected class.
    i agree with all that you posted ...

i just would ask .. do the owners not care as much about the employees and guests of R and J next door ??

New Orleans started this city wide by mandate August 16th

i guess the "health of staff and guests" is just not quite as important at R&J next door ....

R & J only requires a mask if you are unvaxed .. any one can come in...... (and of course not have a mask on while eating and drinking)

i guess the "health of staff and guests" is just not quite as important at R&J next door ....

R & J only requires a mask if you are unvaxed .. any one can come in...... (and of course not have a mask on while eating and drinking)
    Are they checking vax passports then at R & J ??? I would stay away...

I would assume that the difference is because R&J is mainly a bar (although our main purpose going there is to eat) and Ludivine a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I would assume that the difference is because R&J is mainly a bar (although our main purpose going there is to eat) and Ludivine a restaurant.
    ludivine actually has a bar .. that is connected but also has a separate entrance from the restaurant ..

ludivine actually has a bar .. that is connected but also has a separate entrance from the restaurant ..
    Right, but seems to me that people mainly go to Ludivine to eat and R&J to drink. I could be wrong, though...

FANTASTIC! I haven't been there once since they moved into the new location.

How is it? It used to be top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post

had brunch there last weekend and it was fantastic.. .

We ate at the old location maybe 5-6 times, starting very soon after they opened (we were hungry for something like them in the city ), and we've only eaten at the new one once, pre-COVID. Since we ate there 5-6 times, we obviously really like them, and the new location did not disappoint food- or decor-wise. Want to say it's slightly better than the old location due to more windows.

Walking around Midtown yesterday, this building is looking very sad now.

The curtains are drawn on the closed Ludivine space and there were homeless living in the alcove facing 10th.

It's just fantastic space and I sure hope they find a replacement soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Walking around Midtown yesterday, this building is looking very sad now.

The curtains are drawn on the closed Ludivine space and there were homeless living in the alcove facing 10th.

It's just fantastic space and I sure hope they find a replacement soon.
    It is a real neat space, but it's not as good as the original location. Does anyone know why Ludivine moved? I'm genuinely curious.

The restaurant and bar business is incredibly difficult even in the best of times. It's even harder when you move. There are so many variables in a restaurant's success, but location is usually paramount.

There was a certain magic at Ludivine's original location. I can't remember the circumstances that led to them moving. I was excited about the new locale and the new bar was superb, but something seemed to be lost. Maybe that happened before the move -- I honestly don't remember because everything pre-Covid seems like a blur now.

So many restaurants relocate and fail to recapture the magic of their original location.

It is a real neat space, but it's not as good as the original location. Does anyone know why Ludivine moved? I'm genuinely curious.

The restaurant and bar business is incredibly difficult even in the best of times. It's even harder when you move. There are so many variables in a restaurant's success, but location is usually paramount.

There was a certain magic at Ludivine's original location. I can't remember the circumstances that led to them moving. I was excited about the new locale and the new bar was superb, but something seemed to be lost. Maybe that happened before the move -- I honestly don't remember because everything pre-Covid seems like a blur now.

So many restaurants relocate and fail to recapture the magic of their original location.
    the main investor of Ludivine owned the new building location ... and didn't in the original .. and at the time they wanted/needed more space

the main investor of Ludivine owned the new building location ... and didn't in the original .. and at the time they wanted/needed more space
    Ah. Makes sense.

Is there some concern with there being so many empty restaurant spaces all owned by the same group? Midtown Renaissance seems slow filling any of them.

Thread Information