Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    And if you'll look at the very first post above you should probably not make attacks based on assumptions which prove out to be incorrect.

And for what its worth, the average speed of travel from Moore to Tulsa at 1.5 hours is 109.6 mph, including travel within cities. Which in all likelihood means you would be traveling much slower within the city, and much much faster on the turnpike in order to make it in an hour in a half. In other words, your opinion is nice but it doesn't change the fact that you are factually incorrect.
    So sorry for assuming that on an OKC discussion board, in a thread discussing the possibility of D&B coming to OKC, that the travel would be from OKC to Tulsa. Mea Culpa

As to your second point... WOW!! It's now 164.4 miles from Tulsa to Moore? When did that happen? Mapquest shows it as only 114.58 miles (119 to D&B's). To make it to D&B's from Moore in 1.5 hours would require an average speed of 79.33 mph, well short of the 109.6 you stated. (Note, I never said the drive from MOORE to D&B's was 1 1/2 hours.)

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    I'm chiming in only because I am one that likes to spread factual information. Google actually does account for speed limits and average times now. This can easily be seen by looking at the link that Spartan posted. The total mileage listed is 147 miles. Looking at each leg of the trip, from toll gate to toll gate you are looking at 82 miles; this leaves 65 miles of travel within city limits. If you assume that you can drive 82 miles an hour on the turnpike, then that is equal to one hour. The remaining 65 miles would be at a slower rate of speed since they are within city limits; however, if you assume you are traveling 65 mph within city limits then that is also equal to one hour. This equals two hours total.
    Just for the record, I thought it would be interesting to go back and check further on your post where you announced that you were "chiming in only because [you are] one that likes to spread factual information" (LOL)

The total mileage listed on the link Spartan posted is 129 miles, not the 147 you stated. (The 147 was for going by way of I-40.)

Google actually does not account for speed limits. This can easily be seen by going to the Google maps and doing a routing for the length of the Turner Turnpike (or for this discussion, from the beginning of the Turner in OKC to the Creek Turnpike interchange near Sapulpa). Google says that route is 82 miles and that it will take 1 hour and 15 minutes to drive. That would be 65.6 miles per hour. So, we have 1 hour on the turnpike and then 47 miles (not 65) at 65 mph, which gives us another approximately 43 minutes, for a total of 1 hour and 43 minutes, not the 2 hours you came up with using false numbers. As you would say, "This is a matter of simple math."

So let's see, you've told us:

- the route from Norman to Tulsa (using the Turner Turnpike) is 147 miles. WRONG.
    -Google accounts for speed limits. WRONG.
    - the route from MOORE to Tulsa is 164.4 miles! WRONG.

For one who "likes to spread factual information", you seem to spin a lot of misinformation...

To other posters, I apologize for taking us off on an unimportant side issue, but I am one who really does like to spread factual information and I think it's useful to expose those who spread misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T in OKC View Post
    I guess we missed the 2009 deadline.
    for the longest time I thought they built one in Moore along I-35, but then I realized it was something else they built.

Thread Information