Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scooter's Coffee

Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

I think of that as "behind" as you never approach that property from the west since 13th ends at Western. Scooters will be like an island. It's going to be a strange intersection if traffic increases like you'd expect.

Agree that the intersection will be different than most in OKC. I'm hoping you could elaborate on the Right of Way issues you mentioned? The reason I am wondering is that OnCue bought many lots to assemble their site and must have had a chance to buy the Scooters site along the same timeline. This would make me think that OnCue worked with the City to make sure everything was okay before they began.

In my opinion this intersection should be a 3 lane roundabout with a bus tunnel bypass for the future BRT line.

The South Western location, just south of I 240, has been opened for the last couple of days.

Location at NW 164th and Western is almost finished. I know the original plan was for 10 locations across the metro, is that still the plan?

Location at NW Ex and Blackwelder moving fast:

7. Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

N. W. 13 & Classen had their "official" grand opening on Friday, the 300th location. I didn't realize there were that many.

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    Location at NW 164th and Western is almost finished. I know the original plan was for 10 locations across the metro, is that still the plan?
    I can think of about 13 total counting this one in the entire metro now

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I can think of about 13 total counting this one in the entire metro now
    I wonder how many will still be in business in a year or two?

I rarely see any kind of traffic at a Scooters location, maybe a handful of cars at the drive-thru. Starbucks, on the other hand, always has a line wrapped around the building, often extending out into the street, and they can't build them fast enough to meet demand.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I wonder how many will still be in business in a year or two?

I rarely see any kind of traffic at a Scooters location, maybe a handful of cars at the drive-thru. Starbucks, on the other hand, always has a line wrapped around the building, often extending out into the street, and they can't build them fast enough to meet demand.
    idk I moved here in 2012 from the west coast and i was immediately struck by how few drive through coffee places there were. In parts of NorCal and the PNW there are these things on every corner and they all do ok. It is a pretty high-margin, low overhead endeavor.

Has anybody here had their coffee? Is it actually good (compared to, say, Classen Coffee), or just fast?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Has anybody here had their coffee? Is it actually good (compared to, say, Classen Coffee), or just fast?
    Three of us have tried them several times and found their drinks to be quite weak.

They seem to specialize in syrupy sweet coffee drinks and those may well be quite good. None of us has ever tried one.

Their black coffee is sometimes fine, sometimes burned. Dunk'n is superior as far as fast food coffee.

i am not a coffee aficionado and enjoy just a plain, drip-brewed black coffee during breakfast. i've been to the scooter's on south western three times since they've opened and the coffee has been ok for me every time. i also wouldn't say it's much better than what i've gotten at other fast food places... the price for a large was $2.80. perhaps my palate is unrefined, but what i get from mcdonald's for $1 does not taste all that different to me. the service was super friendly and attentive, though.

15. Default Re: Scooter's Coffee

I'm liking the flavored coffee, it rotates daily and you need to get it in the morning before it runs out. I also have the app, earned my first free coffee reward last week. I hit it up about 3 times a week, it's close enough

Thx for the info, will give it a shot next time we're around one if the line's not too long.

I noticed subcontractor pickup trucks in the parking lot of the new location at Blackwelder and NW Expressway. It won't be long until it officially opens for business.

Decided to give the breakfast burritos a go. They check the boxes--they are relatively safe to eat while driving. No dripping grease, everything holds together pretty well. They seem to be microwaved and the eggs are of an . . . interesting texture. Good enough to add to the morning rotation.

The waffle breakfast sandwich is probably the best of their breakfast fare. I tried to turkey sausage sandwich one morning as a relatively lower-calorie option and it was pretty terrible.

Now open at NW Expressway and Blackwelder:

I can’t believe Scooters hasn’t got a location in Yukon yet. So many options out here.

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    I can’t believe Scooters hasn’t got a location in Yukon yet. So many options out here.
    No idea who owns the land but the SW corner of Highway 66 and the Kilpatrick would be ideal for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    No idea who owns the land but the SW corner of Highway 66 and the Kilpatrick would be ideal for them.
    There is a Summer Moon Coffee house over in that area that’s really good actually!!

I know but putting any sort of decent coffeeshop on the SW corner seems like a good way to clean up on the Yukon to OKC commuters who want an easy entrance/exit as they travel from 66 to the JKT in the morning

Location on the NE corner of May & Britton:

Thread Information