Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Taco Casa

Default Re: Taco Casa

Without a doubt, Taco Casa is the best thing to hit OKC since Taco Tico, or, what as another poster noted, Taco Bell used to be like when they still used fresh ingredants back in the 80's. Well worth a trip!

Del Taco still gets my vote as having the best quality to price ratio of any fast food taco place in OKC.

Stopped by WinStar on the way back from Dallas a couple of weeks ago and had Taco Casa for the first time. Wow. Absolutely piled high with fresh ingredients. So glad they're opening one in north OKC. This will easily be my favorite fast food taco place.

I go visit my Mom regularly and pick up Taco Casa in Norman for lunch for her and I. We both love the norman location. Its interesting that i can look out the window at my old high school while ordering our lunch.

Really looking forward to the 50th and May location as its close to where i live.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Del Taco still gets my vote as having the best quality to price ratio of any fast food taco place in OKC.
    gross

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    gross
    They weren't the best fast food taco place we've eaten at, but they weren't really gross to us, just not very good, we're not going back. We never judge a place by quality to price ratio (which almost never indicates anything other than average food), because we're lucky enough to be able to afford to not care how cheap a place is.

Looking forward to Taco Casa since it's only about a mile away from us...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but has there been any news on either the Penn/Rockwell & Memorial Taco Casa locations? I was looking forward to this and it seems it's never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by xa3021 View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but has there been any news on either the Penn/Rockwell & Memorial Taco Casa locations? I was looking forward to this and it seems it's never going to happen.
    I’ve not heard anything. I have gave up hope on them.

Quote Originally Posted by xa3021 View Post
    The one at 50th and May seems stalled as well.

Not sure what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The one at 50th and May seems stalled as well.

Not sure what is going on.
    I wonder if they were expanding too fast. They seemed to be popping up locations all over. I hope it gets back on track though, Northside needs Taco Casa!

A friend and I went to the Taco Casa in Yukon and casually asked them when the two locations on the Northside will open. The cashier had the manager come up to inform us that it is not a sure thing, so perhaps it sounds like their plans are not set in stone?

^

They have gone to the trouble and expense to file full building permit applications for 3 different locations: Penn north of Memorial, SW corner of Mem & Rockwell, and NW corner of NW 50th and May.

Haven't seen any forward movement on any of them.

I'm sure it's all the same local franchisee and they seem to be killing it in the locations they do have in Central OK.

^

They have gone to the trouble and expense to file full building permit applications for 3 different locations: Penn north of Memorial, SW corner of Mem & Rockwell, and NW corner of NW 50th and May.

I'm sure it's all the same local franchisee and they seem to be killing it in the locations they do have in Central OK.
    I was at the Shawnee location a few weeks ago. I asked about the OKC locations and was told by an employee they thought the Penn location would be the 1st one to start construction. They mentioned how the Shawnee location took a good while too. There’s still hope for OKC. The demand for tacos casa is here. Build them and we will show up in throngs.

14. Default Re: Taco Casa

^

There are actually 2 or 3 separate franchisees in central Oklahoma. I believe the Shawnee and Midwest City franchisee is building the one by Quail Springs Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There are actually 2 or 3 separate franchisees in central Oklahoma. I believe the Shawnee and Midwest City franchisee is building the one by Quail Springs Mall.
    I know Yukon, Shawnee, mwc and the two to be built off memorial rd are owned by the same person.

16. Default Re: Taco Casa

Quote Originally Posted by CPin405 View Post
    Can’t forget about Laredo in the 7-11.
    I have never tried any Laredo Taco... are they any good at all? Are they more like a Taco Bell or Q'doba?

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    I have never tried any Laredo Taco... are they any good at all? Are they more like a Taco Bell or Q'doba?
    I would say it is like 7-11 (parent company) had an affair with their Mexican mistress and Laredo Taco was the result.

Thread Information