Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: in-n-out to NW Expressway rumor unfounded

Default Re: in-n-out to NW Expressway rumor unfounded

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Went to Dallas over the weekend and thought it would be fun to hit in-n-out burger. Went to the one on Central. They had a line of cars 20 deep along the service road. Hired traffic guards. Insane! Is any burger really worth that hassle?....
    Hellz no comes to mind...Hard to wait an hour for anything that takes less than 10 minutes to devour

As I've stated before, In-N-Out is very solid, reasonable, fresh and served by people with a fantastic customer service ethic. But the hamburger itself is merely very good, not great. And for most, it's an acquired taste; I know it was for me.

The crowds will die down but even here in Cali where they are ubiquitous there is always at least a decent wait, even in off-peak times.

Almost everyone seems to be indifferent towards their food when first introduced but almost everyone comes to love it.

Pete that basically confirms what I thought about the place during visits in both San Diego and Phoenix last year. Burgers are good, but not great, but I do respect the stores general cleanliness and good customer service.

Let me just say that I've talked to a lot of my friends and family down there, many of which have tried it buying into the hype, and all said the same thing. Of course these are all people native to this part of the world. I get the feeling those lines are filled with all of the CA transplants in DFW who are looking for a "bite of home."

As far as I'm concerned, nothing beats a bacon and cheese Whataburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Went to Dallas over the weekend and thought it would be fun to hit in-n-out burger. Went to the one on Central. They had a line of cars 20 deep along the service road. Hired traffic guards. Insane! Is any burger really worth that hassle? Went to Whole Foods and had a great lunch (love their pizza!). I remember when Krispy Kreme did that kind of business....
    True about Krispy Kreme...had never had one before so could not relate to that type of following. Having tried them since, I admit they are some of the best donuts i have ever had (esp when they are fresh out of the fryer and the glaze "waterfall"). But to wait that long, aint going to happen. Especially in a "fast food" environment. If cars a stacked that deep, I either go inside (if not backed up as well) or hit it at another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    As I've stated before, In-N-Out is very solid, reasonable, fresh and served by people with a fantastic customer service ethic. But the hamburger itself is merely very good, not great. And for most, it's an acquired taste; I know it was for me.

The crowds will die down but even here in Cali where they are ubiquitous there is always at least a decent wait, even in off-peak times.

Almost everyone seems to be indifferent towards their food when first introduced but almost everyone comes to love it.
    Agreed...I do think their fries are pretty stellar though (being fresh cut and all).....At least the most tasty of any fast food chain I've been to.

6. Default Re: in-n-out to NW Expressway rumor unfounded

I was in Ft. Worth about 3 weeks ago and they had just opened their In-n-Out on 7th Street west of DT. I thought it was crazy going on the first Saturday after it opened and it was a mess, we parked 2 blocks away. The inside was packed with a line going outside 4 wide, the drive thru was lined up 3 blocks down the road. However the line went fast and the wait for our food was quick. Before we got done with our food they had already went through the order numbers (1-100) again. My first time to have it and loved the burger animal style. The fries were so-so, could have been better with cheese. I'd love to see one put in... hopefully convenient to me also!

Quote Originally Posted by mrktguy29 View Post
    My first time to have it and loved the burger animal style. The fries were so-so, could have been better with cheese.
    (You can order your fries Animal Style, too. It's a secret to everybody.)

Saw another fast food restaurant going up at I-40 and MacArthur. Any chance that is our mystery In-n-Out Burger?

Quote Originally Posted by okc View Post
    Saw another fast food restaurant going up at I-40 and MacArthur. Any chance that is our mystery In-n-Out Burger?
    You know, I still haven't figured out what it is yet. I doubt it is an In-n-Out Burger joint, but I can't say that for sure, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Luxton View Post
    (You can order your fries Animal Style, too. It's a secret to everybody.)
    They have a "secret menu." I miss In-n-Out so bad.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...cret-menu.html

If you are talking about just north of Circle K on the NE corner, that's a Jack in the Box.

If you are talking about just west of Applebee's on the NW corner, that's a Steak & Shake.

If you are talking about just north of Circle K on the NE corner, that's a Jack in the Box.

If you are talking about just west of Applebee's on the NW corner, that's a Steak & Shake.
    No, they're currently building a new building directly East of the Lin's Buffet.

they're currently building a new building directly East of the Lin's Buffet.
    Panera Bread.

Panera Bread.
    Aha. Thanks, I couldn't figure out what it was.

I don't think he meant those as those have been open. I think he is referring to something under construction.

There is a fast food restaurant under construction to the west of the Steak and Shake location, just to the south of Home Depot.

Pete, is the building that is already up the Panera Bread or what cause metro and Soonerinfiniti confused me. And we're talking about SW 3rd incase no one stated that.

Sorry, I screwed up. I said directly East of Lin's Buffet, but it's actually directly West of Lin's buffet and directly East of Ryan's.

Thread Information