Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OKC Dodgers

1. Default Re: OKC Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    That would mean that there were a lot of 'no shows' at the stadium.

The tarps reduced the stadium seating size to 9,000; yet, the reported attendance was 11,189:

Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Outfield areas are SRO, which adds to the number. Capacity without the tarps is listed at 13K, yet there have been more than 15K in the place before (Big12 and/or Bedlam early in park's existence). The left field bleachers are being re-worked, which I think has been discussed here previously.

Default Re: OKC Dodgers

I sat in the upper deck behind 3rd base (section 200) and almost froze to death so no tarps on that area.

On edit: Just received an email apology and free ticket to a future game from the OKC Dodgers regarding the long concession lines. Apology accepted.

On that note, if you are in line and see 20 people waiting for hotdogs - and you order a hotdog, that makes you a dumbass. There were some ticked off people watching me walk away with my corndog.

3. Default Re: OKC Dodgers

Here is email

Thank you for joining us on Opening Night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark!

Last night was a much-anticipated kick-off to the 2015 season. Although the atmosphere was awesome, we are concerned that there were a number of long concession lines due to point-of-sale issues throughout the ballpark. This caused some fans to spend extended time away from their seat and left them unable to enjoy Opening Night festivities.

We want you to know that last night's concession lines did not meet our expectations, either. It is our goal to provide unsurpassed customer service to every fan in the ballpark and we did not deliver in this regard.

To show our appreciation for your attendance at the game and for bearing with us, the OKC Dodgers would like to ask you to enjoy another game this season, on us.

Fans who attended the April 9th game are able to select one of the below dates to receive an equal number of complimentary tickets to the number of tickets purchased for Opening Night. The dates available to receive the complimentary tickets are:

- Saturday, April 25th
    - Saturday, May 30th
    - Friday, June 5th

To redeem your complimentary tickets, please present your April 9th game ticket at the ticket office on the west side of the ballpark located on Mickey Mantle Dr. In the event that you no longer have your ticket, please call 405.218.1000 or visit the ticket office and we will attempt to track your order electronically.

Again, we apologize for any issues experienced in regards to concessions lines last night, and we can assure you that we are working diligently with our concessionaire to correct all issues from last night's game.

We look forward to providing you unsurpassed customer service the next time you are at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.

We went to the game. Tried to buy merchandise and even at the bottom of the 7th inning....the line to purchase was so long that we didn't bother. On a bright note though, we had club level and it provides wait service at the seats and beer, wine, food are included in the price as well as a buffet before. The service was decent. My 12 year old son with the bottomless pit for a stomach loved it. It was very chilly with the wind but the Dodgers look promising.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Dodgers have a 3 game attendance average of 9,116 which is currently 4th in the league. You need not get excited because half the teams in the PCL have yet to play their home opener.

Pacific Coast League Attendance | Pacific Coast League Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Oklahoma City Dodgers have a 3 game attendance average of 9,116 which is currently 4th in the league. You need not get excited because half the teams in the PCL have yet to play their home opener.

I thought it was a bit odd we joined the Pacific Coast League but had never really noticed the vast majority of the league are not in the pacific region anyway. Ironically the shift to being associated with LA Dogers gives us more connection to the pacific than we have had in all the years they have been in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    We went to the game. Tried to buy merchandise and even at the bottom of the 7th inning....the line to purchase was so long that we didn't bother. On a bright note though, we had club level and it provides wait service at the seats and beer, wine, food are included in the price as well as a buffet before. The service was decent. My 12 year old son with the bottomless pit for a stomach loved it. It was very chilly with the wind but the Dodgers look promising.
    Let me get this straight - Club Level seats include a pre-game buffet? Is that for every game or was that for the Opening Day game only?

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Let me get this straight - Club Level seats include a pre-game buffet? Is that for every game or was that for the Opening Day game only?
    Features and Benefits

FROM THE WEBSITE:

From client entertainment to employee incentives, there are a host of ways for an Oklahoma City Dodgers Club Membership to streamline business development. That's right, you can use baseball as an easy tool to see your return on investment in short order.

Our Club Memberships are available in full, half, or partial season packages. Members will enjoy all-inclusive food, beer, wine and soda from the comfort of their seat while our highly-trained staff waits on them. Or head inside to the exclusive air-conditioned Diamond Lounge to enjoy a meal or a beverage in an exciting, unique atmosphere.

Club Membership | Oklahoma City Dodgers

Not bad, huh?

Every game. The beer is bud light or shocktop. Don't know the wine brand. Food was decent with burgers, dogs, grilled chicken, chicken strips plus peanuts, pretzels, cracker jax, and popcorn....all the baseball favorites.

Thanks. I am going to look into that because I am already spending $25 to $35 per game when I add together ticket and food.

11. Default Re: OKC Dodgers

The Dodgers tweeted that the season-opening series was the best-attended since the very first season at the ballpark.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The Dodgers tweeted that the season-opening series was the best-attended since the very first season at the ballpark.
    Wonderful news. It's great to see the ballpark alive again. I hope it stays this way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    So far the opening series looked good; both the Dodger field performance & attendance:

Blog Entries

If it's not posted anywhere else the mascots are Brix and Brooklyn.

I am glad to see the attendance is up. I have been to 4 games and they are playing some good baseball. It is a great way to spend the evening after work.

I am glad to see the attendance is up. I have been to 4 games and they are playing some good baseball. It is a great way to spend the evening after work.
    Did you move to OKC or just visiting?

We went to a Cubs game Saturday at Wrigley. Would be nice to have that type of experience here as far as not only the game but the entire experience in and out of the park. Don't know if we will ever get to that level as we don't have the history but would be nice to keep building uo the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Did you move to OKC or just visiting?
    I am here temporarily, for the next 5 to 17 months.

Great! Hope you enjoy it.

20. Default Re: OKC Dodgers

That's quite a range...

I've seen more OKC baseball apparel this week than I did in the last decade when the team was the Redhawks.

Including a couple of hipsters wearing the ball caps; ironically, of course.

22. Default Re: OKC Dodgers

Weren't there some local media that said these Californians always think they know what OKC needs and it never works out and that choosing the 89ers name would be so much better?

23. Default Re: OKC Dodgers

What we need, of course, is a winner. So far, the Dodgers are 10-3.

Blog Entries

Great crowd last night despite the competition throughout the city along with the Arts Festival:

Saturday, April 25 activities:

Oklahoma City Dodgers - 10,828
    Oklahoma City Energy FC - 4,383
    Oklahoma City Barons - 2,135
    Oklahoma City Arts Festival
    Preparation for OKC Memorial Marathon

Are we on the verge of true Big League City status?

Can anyone comment on how accurate the attendance numbers are? Almost 11k sounds great, but then I see that the upper deck on the south side is still tarped off with ads? How many people does that side of the upper deck hold?

Thread Information