Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Corporation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sonic Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by OKVision4U View Post
    well sdave, you have access to some of the information... ODEQ. Go online and review all you want. If you are old enough to drive, you can go there yourself and be sure to look at the archives records too. Enjoy! My (professional) resources may be different than yours. Enjoy your research.
    Not how it works, Vision. You make the assertions based on facts you claim to have. I am challenging *you* to post the information so the rest of us may objectively assess it. It's not up to me to defend what you post.

I will give you props for consistency in coming after me, personally, every time I ask you to do nothing more than post hard data backing your assertions, not just rehashes of your own opinions or indirect slams against folks who dare to disagree even slightly with your unilateral proclamations.

As for ODEQ, I'm assuming ODEQ means "Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality?" If not, what then? Department of Environmental Quality has "low customer service" and "invested in future" ratings? Really?

Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Not how it works, Vision. You make the assertions based on facts you claim to have. I am challenging *you* to post the information so the rest of us may objectively assess it. It's not up to me to defend what you post.

I will give you props for consistency in coming after me, personally, every time I ask you to do nothing more than post hard data backing your assertions, not just rehashes of your own opinions or indirect slams against folks who dare to disagree even slightly with your unilateral proclamations. As for ODEQ, I'm assuming ODEQ means "Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality?" If not, what then? Department of Environmental Quality has "low customer service" and "invested in future" ratings? Really?

Do tell.
    sdave, I am talking about a company that makes ice cream / burgers / & milk. You may need to push back from the screen and go wait in that long line ( at the drive thru ) for your shake.

Quote Originally Posted by OKVision4U View Post
    sdave, I am talking about a company that makes ice cream / burgers / & milk. You may need to push back from the screen and go wait in that long line ( at the drive thru ) for your shake.
    And, once again, more personal slams, no links to sources of data. Think you need to admit you don't have them. Rest assured I've dealt with folks who have nothing more than insults in reply to requests for facts.....so you keep right on slamming, and I'll keep asking for facts. Everyone else can be the judge.

The outside competition is here because our economy is doing pretty well and we are one of the fattest states in the nation. To say its due to Braum's is laughable. Geez

They need to build a few really great flagship stores in the major California cities to really build their image.

There are about 60 Sonics in California. Most are in the LA or central valley area.

Well I guess some research on my part would've helped.

I did a coastal tour of Cali with the fam last year and we didn't find one Sonic.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Well I guess some research on my part would've helped.

I did a coastal tour of Cali with the fam last year and we didn't find one Sonic.
    That's probably because most are not near the coast.

In all of Southern California, there are only a few and none anywhere near Los Angeles.

The closest one to me is 60 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In all of Southern California, there are only a few and none anywhere near Los Angeles.

The closest one to me is 60 miles away.
    I'm not sure exactly where you live Pete. The locations in the LA area are in Duarte, Anaheim, Fullerton, Palmdale, Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, Rancho Cucamonga, and Victorville.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I'm not sure exactly where you live Pete. The locations in the LA area are in Duarte, Anaheim, Fullerton, Palmdale, Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, Rancho Cucamonga, and Victorville.
    One in Ontario too, isn't there? Or is that the Rancho Cucamonga one. Thought it is closer to Ontario Mills. I've seen cars lined up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    One in Ontario too, isn't there? Or is that the Rancho Cucamonga one. Thought it is closer to Ontario Mills. I've seen cars lined up there.

Yes, that's the Rancho Cucamonga location.

Yes, that's the Rancho Cucamonga location.
    Dude: You are always trying to be argumentative. And that's a good thing. Isn't it?
    It's, like that other dude . . . from ancient mythology . . . lookin' fer the truth . . . with a lantern (or whatever).

So . . . Where's My Braum's? (with sidewalks and an appreciation for the natural local environment . . .?) =)

I know exactly where they are. Those are all in very outlying areas or in Orange County.

The closest to me or anyone in L.A. are in Duarte or Palmdale (went way, way out of my way to go to both) which are both a long way from even the middle of town.

They have franchisees out here who are not doing much of anything.

I know exactly where they are. Those are all in very outlying areas or in Orange County.

The closest to me or anyone in L.A. are in Duarte or Palmdale (went way, way out of my way to go to both) which are both a long way from even the middle of town.

They have franchisees out here who are not doing much of anything.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative and I'm not saying they are everywhere but the nearest to downtown LA in Duarte is about 16 miles away and the location in Anaheim is about 23 miles away. That's almost next door in LA terms.

I'm not trying to be argumentative and I'm not saying they are everywhere but the nearest to downtown LA in Duarte is about 16 miles away and the location in Anaheim is about 23 miles away. That's almost next door in LA terms.
    But as I recall, Pete is in Thousand Oaks, which is on the order of 40 miles from downtown L.A.

When I lived out there my house was in Santa Susana (annexed into L.A. by 1967). and it was a 15-mile drive to my work in Canoga Park. That, in turn, was at least that far from downtown L.A. And Thousand Oaks was around 15 miles away from me, on the side opposite Canoga POark and L.A. That comes out to about 45 miles, but Santa Su was way north of a straight path from Canoga Park to Thousand Oaks...

I'm sure all this has changed greatly since I left there very early in 1962 -- a bit more than 52 years ago! Then, Thousand Oaks was little more than a post office...

Jim, I live very near the LA/Ventura county line.

But as a management consultant, I'm all over L.A. One of my last projects was in Long Beach which is almost two hours away and still in LA County!

Duarte on the best possible day is still over an hour away. The only times I've ever been is going to/from Palm Springs.

Jim, I live very near the LA/Ventura county line.

But as a management consultant, I'm all over L.A. One of my last projects was in Long Beach which is almost two hours away and still in LA County!

Duarte on the best possible day is still over an hour away. The only times I've ever been is going to/from Palm Springs.
    That means I was there last year and didn't even know it. I was visiting my brother, who has lived in LA for about 35 years, and I drove us from the Hollywood area to Palm Springs for a short getaway. I didn't see the Sonic. LOL

Every Sonic in California should be of the variety that includes the sand volleyball court

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Every Sonic in California should be of the variety that includes the sand volleyball court
    Plus Cheese and Tuna Frenchies, that you can "Surf Off". =)

(Historical Note: Cheese and Tuna Frenchies were a drive-in version of a classic Monte Cristo Sandwich, dumbed down for the masses c/o King's Famous Foods . . . as bad as they were, they were really good. Do not misapprehend the recipe as Cheese and Tuna. The choice was a Cheese Frenchie or a Tuna Frenchie. Usually with a side of the best fries ever and a Vanila Malt. King's Fine Foods was the best ever for a 17 year old mind. vis-à-vis dining. =)

(there are now several versions available on the Internet, yet Sonic Corp refuses to borrow them . . . and that's probably a good thing, as Martha Stewart might say.) =)

I once pitched the concept, via telephone (push-button), to a cubicle dweller in the heart o' the hive (corporate, local) and that's the only reason I know that Cheese and Tuna Frenchies are related to The Classic Monte Cristo. My thinking, at the time, was that they have bread . . . they have something resembling cheese . . . (maybe even some tuna) . . . and they have the deep fryers. They might have to make a major purchase of potato chips for the crust.

(please be advised that I think The Sonic Ad Campaign featuring a more modern version of [Dumb and Dumber] are some of the best ads for fast food on local television. and my wife agrees so i guess we are right, in the correct sense of the term.) =)

Frankly, I'm glad that this culinary delight never was reactualized.
    I don't eat deep-fried food anymore. =)

(p.s.: If you ever choose to visit a Sonic location, wherever it may be, tip the help generously. At least a couple of dollars.)

[QUOTE=RadicalModerate;778842(p.s.: If you ever choose to visit a Sonic location, wherever it may be, tip the help generously. At least a couple of dollars.)[/QUOTE]

I tip based on carhop hotness. That's the correct way of doing it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I guess I'd have to ask the former owner of the LA Clippers for the proper answer to that question . . . =)

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    I guess I'd have to ask the former owner of the LA Clippers for the proper answer to that question . . . =)
    I think he patronizes "IN n OUT". (Rimshot)

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Sometimes if you tip, they tip... that should be their motto

ljbab, sorry if I came across as snarky in my last post... Just re-read it and didn't mean to come across that way.

I actually inquired about a franchise for Southern California several years ago and was told they were all taken. Whoever has the one for L.A. County had one very little in a very prime area. It's different franchisees for Orange County, San Diego and Bakersfield who are all building a bunch.

Thread Information