Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Salad and Go

Default Re: Salad and Go

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Also live in fake Edmond at 150th and Western. This location is in Edmond, I don't care about the technicalities lol
    But...Technically, legally, actually, and in reality you live in Oklahoma City. Your trash can is blue. Your city water services are Oklahoma City. Your fire and police protection come from OKC. David Holt is your Mayor. Nikki Nice or Mark Stonecipher represent your ward in city council.

This Salad and Go, along with the 7-11, Firestone, and WalMart Market all on this corner at 164th and Western, help OKC Sales Tax Revenue.

Your "home" post office that delivers mail, is in Edmond at 33rd and Kelly, everything else is OKC.

The amount of new development occurring in "Pretend Edmond" is greatly benefitting OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Also live in fake Edmond at 150th and Western. This location is in Edmond, I don't care about the technicalities lol
    But...Technically, legally, actually, and in reality you live in Oklahoma City. Your trash can is blue. Your city water services are Oklahoma City. Your fire and police protection come from OKC. David Holt is your Mayor. Nikki Nice or Mark Stonecipher represent your ward in city council.

This Salad and Go, along with the 7-11, Firestone, and WalMart Market all on this corner at 164th and Western, help OKC Sales Tax Revenue.

Your "home" post office that delivers mail, is in Edmond at 33rd and Kelly, if you have children, they most likely would attend Edmond Public Schools, which outside of Santa Fe high school, based upon your general location, all physical school buildings are located in OKC city limits.

The amount of new development occurring in "Pretend Edmond" is greatly benefitting NW OKC. I can see how being a realtor, it would be appealing to classify homes in this area as "Edmond" since OKC covers so many square miles.

I've posted this before, but FOX25 really did a good job in laying it all out, and why it is important to claim OKC as where you live: https://okcfox.com/news/local/where-...is-complicated

Was checking out their menu and noticed that their chicken and tofu are tossed in a chili-ginger marinade. Seems like that marinade might not go with some of the salads - does it work on them? Anybody know if you can get the chicken or tofu plain if it doesn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Was checking out their menu and noticed that their chicken and tofu are tossed in a chili-ginger marinade. Seems like that marinade might not go with some of the salads - does it work on them? Anybody know if you can get the chicken or tofu plain if it doesn't work?
    I've had the tofu with the BBQ ranch and the Thai salad and thought it went well with both. To be honest I didn't know there was even a marinade. The tofu is quite good, but IMO the marinade is just enough to get rid of the bland "soy" flavor but doesn't overwhelm the other flavors in the salad. I'm quite impressed with it as someone who has struggled to make my own tofu taste good, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    I've had the tofu with the BBQ ranch and the Thai salad and thought it went well with both. To be honest I didn't know there was even a marinade. The tofu is quite good, but IMO the marinade is just enough to get rid of the bland "soy" flavor but doesn't overwhelm the other flavors in the salad. I'm quite impressed with it as someone who has struggled to make my own tofu taste good, lol.
    Thx, we'll probably give it a shot in the next week or so.

I went to Salad N Go last night and my father got the wrap and I got the pink lemonade when it is supposed to be frozen strawberry lemonade but the pink lemonade was terrible and my father did not like the wrap and I went back this morning and got the frozen strawberry lemonade and it is very good!

The Edmond/OKC location is now open

The Edmond location has a mobile order pickup window separate from the regular drive thru. Makes it much faster as this location has been very busy the couple times we have gone. It is also much easier to customize your order in the mobile app.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    The Edmond location has a mobile order pickup window separate from the regular drive thru. Makes it much faster as this location has been very busy the couple times we have gone. It is also much easier to customize your order in the mobile app.
    I drove by the Western/164th location on Friday evening. It had four cars queued in the drive-thru. The mobile pick-up window is a great idea. Everyone I know who has tried Salad and Go has said their meal was fresh and a good value.

Given the small footprint of the stores, maybe they would expand like Scooter's has across the metro.

Our family loves it! Get the Greek salad and cucumber mint lemonade at least twice a week. Hope a location is built further west in Deer Creek area.

I went to the 164th location a few weeks ago and was shocked at the size of the salad, and the quality, for the price. It's not yet near enough for me to go a few times a week, but I hope they continue to build new locations closer to me. I would love to have this as an option to have multiple times a week.

I've been eating their salads 3 times a week and don't feel bad about it. Definitely value enough to do it, enjoy it, and not feel bad about it later.

^^ Same. It's such a great value and best of all, the food is super good and overall healthy.

We've been a couple of times and have loved everything we've had. As others have said, quality food for a good price. We've decided we might quit stopping at the store for salad stuff for homemade dinners and just pick up one of these to split.

I am just wearing this place out. I like something on the lighter side for lunch, and this fits the bill at a really reasonable price. Where else are you going to get a pretty good sized salad for $6.24? I generally get the Cobb salad and everything has always been very fresh. The Thai salad was good, but I tend to prefer a little sweeter dressing. One of my friends said he and his wife don’t think they’ll be able to make a go of it. I’m single-handedly trying to prove them wrong.

^

They are doing very well and their business will only improve in the warmer months.

I'm a big fan as well. High quality food at more than reasonable prices.

I have been to the Penn/23rd location approximately 15 times -each time the salad is very, very fresh and the workers have been exceptional with warm, welcoming attitudes.

I'm ready for them to start on the Edmond location at 2nd and Kelley, but there hasn't been anything happening there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I'm ready for them to start on the Edmond location at 2nd and Kelley, but there hasn't been anything happening there yet.
    I think they selected another location and a new-to-the-market coffee user will go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I think they selected another location and a new-to-the-market coffee user will go there.
    UGH. Just terrible! LOL. Is that posted anywhere on here perhaps I just missed it? Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    UGH. Just terrible! LOL. Is that posted anywhere on here perhaps I just missed it? Thanks for the info.
    How is it terrible when you have no idea who it is or what the concept will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    How is it terrible when you have no idea who it is or what the concept will be?
    Um, I think it's terrible Salad and Go scrapped plans for that corner location?? This thread is about S&G so you should know that's what I'm talking about. This isn't a coffee shop thread. SMH.

They are planning a new location on the SE corner of NW 178th & May.

7 Brew going in there as well.

Salad and Go on the south side of Covell and Kelly is now open in Edmond.

It went up quick!

It looks like they are planning a new location south of Wendys near Memorial and Rockwell.

https://access.okc.gov/aca/Cap/CapDe...howInspection=

Thread Information