Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chipotle

Default Re: Chipotle

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Maybe as in what happened in Stillwater, in Norman Fazoli's is going out and Chipotle is going in its place.
    Fazoli's in Norman was torn down. A bank was built in its place.

word is it is going in the bottom of Sooner Theater on Campus Corner. They are already working on it.

The Journal Record says an Iron Starr BBQ place will open where the old Harold's outlet on University in late September. Chipotle will also open on campus corner in September.

The Journal Record - Article

I've never liked burritos, so all these burrito places are pretty useless to me. . .

Default Chipotle- UNP

Chipotle in UNP opened today. VERY enthusiastic group! Also, the interior looks great.

Default Re: Chipotle- UNP

How does it compare to Qdoba?

7. Default Re: Chipotle- UNP

I think they both pretty much taste the same. Same concept. Slightly different options.

8. Default Re: Chipotle- UNP

Interior does look good, maybe a bit too bare though. I also think the music could come down slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin pate
    How does it compare to Qdoba?
    taste is subjective, but i prefer them over qdoba. -M

I prefer Chipotle, but I wish they would make smaller sized menu items. I realize you can get a bowl, but I do like the tortilla in a burrito. But, if I check the calories in a chicken burrito I like, it's over 1,000. Personally, I'm not one of those people who want more for my money when it comes to food. I'd rather have a burrito half that size so I'm not tempted to overeat. Chipotle likes to emphasize that they use healthy meat, etc, but their portion sizes are not healthy. We somehow need to stop the idea that you're not getting your money's worth unless you are stuffed at the end of a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I prefer Chipotle, but I wish they would make smaller sized menu items. I realize you can get a bowl, but I do like the tortilla in a burrito. But, if I check the calories in a chicken burrito I like, it's over 1,000. Personally, I'm not one of those people who want more for my money when it comes to food. I'd rather have a burrito half that size so I'm not tempted to overeat. Chipotle likes to emphasize that they use healthy meat, etc, but their portion sizes are not healthy. We somehow need to stop the idea that you're not getting your money's worth unless you are stuffed at the end of a meal.
    I suppose chop it in half and brown bag it home could work, or do like BBates often writes about and split the entree with another person. Not my first plan of a day, but yeah, it probably ought to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I suppose chop it in half and brown bag it home could work, or do like BBates often writes about and split the entree with another person. Not my first plan of a day, but yeah, it probably ought to be.
    That is actually what I do, but I think the problem is that giving someone that much food implies that it is their meal and they should finish it if they want their "money's worth". If your lunch is 1,000 calories and you have breakfast and dinner, it's going to be hard to stay a reasonable weight. I just wish that restaurants that imply they're trying to be health conscious, serving organic meat, etc, should look to their portion sizes as well.

I prefer Qdoba. I don't care for the Chipolte atmosphere -- seems more industrial to me -- but personal preference. And I like Qdoba's chicken better. I go with the naked chicken taco salad with no chips and salsa. It's 200 calories. I like it better than the sit down places at lunch because I don't get the unlimited chips and salsa that I seem to have so much trouble resisting.

What is UNP? I like Chitole better too

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    What is UNP? I like Chitole better too
    University North Park - A thus far over promised and under delivered retail/banking/office/hotel district on NW 24th between W Robinson and W Tecumseh in Norman (though at the moment there's really nada north of Rock Creek except for minor infrastructure and hopes on paper.)

University North Park - A thus far over promised and under delivered retail/banking/office/hotel district on NW 24th between W Robinson and W Tecumseh in Norman (though at the moment there's really nada north of Rock Creek except for minor infrastructure and hopes on paper.)
    <Sarcasm>
    Come on now Kevin... how can you say under delivered when there are two... that's right TWO Mattress stores in UNP???
    </Sarcasm>

uh, actually, aren't there now (groan) three? Didn't one open in the same lil' strip the Chipotle went in?

Wonder if any of the mattress stores carry the Magniflex $90K?

uh, actually, aren't there now (groan) three? Didn't one open in the same lil' strip the Chipotle went in?
    o, well i guess that's possible. it's been a while since i have really paid attention on my way to Target. really, 3??? wow, that's just insane

20. Default Re: Chipotle- UNP

Hopefully once the new business park is going, that will help kick things into gear finally.

HangryHippo Guest

There was supposed to be an aviation business relocation announced for UNP at the end of October but I don't recall anything ever being announced. Does anyone know what it is?

Thank you! I am glad it is closer to the Moore area than the other location even though I wanted to see one in Moore....

To answer my own question, yes, sadly, there are three different mattress shops within a quarter mile either side of the road between the IBC bank and Valiance bank locations.

I just went to the new Chipote yesterday and it is small! The other location near Sooners University is bigger but I am glad the new location is closer to the Moore location

Chipotle to open new location at 14221 N. Penn.

This will be in a new little strip shopping center called Legend Shops at Quail Springs.

Two other spots in this center but not sure of the tenants.

Thread Information