Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofts at Maywood Park

Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

I suspect there are more broken windshields in Nichols Hills, a popular spot for that since people seem inclined to leave purses and keys in their cars, than in the Maywood area. I see people parking there for Thunder games all the time, and I wouldn't hesitate to park out front. I've never seen a parking garage in an apartment or condo complex that had space for friends anywhere but out in the open. In Chicago you park on the street or in the alley in almost all neighborhoods, and Atlanta is the same way (the two cities I've visited most recently).

2. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Quote Originally Posted by circuitboard View Post
    Not impressed with parking garage. 1 spot per unit is fine, but where do friend's, family, ect park? The street? Not safe enough yet.
    I lived in the Deep Deuce for 2 years and parked on the street the entire time, and not only do I not have any complaints, I never heard anyone complaing either. It's plenty safe.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I suspect there are more broken windshields in Nichols Hills, a popular spot for that since people seem inclined to leave purses and keys in their cars, than in the Maywood area. I see people parking there for Thunder games all the time, and I wouldn't hesitate to park out front. I've never seen a parking garage in an apartment or condo complex that had space for friends anywhere but out in the open. In Chicago you park on the street or in the alley in almost all neighborhoods, and Atlanta is the same way (the two cities I've visited most recently).
    The rule in big cities (and this should include OKC) is if a development includes parking it is generally 1 space per unit. Some include visitor spaces but usually visitors or patrons of streetlevel retail businesses park on the street or in a lot elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    The rule in big cities (and this should include OKC) is if a development includes parking it is generally 1 space per unit. Some include visitor spaces but usually visitors or patrons of streetlevel retail businesses park on the street or in a lot elsewhere.
    Wow.... Dallas, Seattle, Denver, and Portland must have totally ignored that rule. Every nice modern apartment complex I have been in those cities has plenty of underground parking for guests.

5. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Well, circuitboard, I have a brilliant idea. Don't buy one of these condos. If you want to live downtown, find a place that offers more parking. Some people don't mind only having one parking spot, and this development caters to them. As a single person with one car, I certainly would not want to pay extra to buy a condo that gave me two garage spots. This is a two-way street.

6. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

I lived at the Park Harvey for a year. Parked on the street every night. Never broken into, never felt unsafe walking to my car.

I would imagine that in most cities only the most expensive upscale urban condos have more than one spot per unit. I guess circuitboard has rich friends in Dallas, Seattle, Denver, and Portland.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

There's new grass and landscaping going in on the south side of second street across from the lofts. That's the area that is supposed to have steps going down to Bricktown. It looks really nice....another little pocket park for the area.

8. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

anyone know when they will be finished? I've been trying to call and get answers from the website because I am real interested and haven't gotten anywhere

9. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

It looks awfully close to finished.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Stop by the brownstone on the SW corner of 3rd and Oklahoma, which is open every afternoon, and they've got literature, information and will take you to tour the lofts.

11. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Yeah I actually have a showing tonight with my realtor. Im taking my camera so Ill post some pictures of what the insides look like

I have some pics and video too from the Downtown Living Tour back in May. I'll try and post pics/vids of all the developments as soon as I can get some downtime to do it.

I've street parked in and around the fringes of BT and elsewhere DT on visits, days, nights, weekends, since the mid-80's. Never a window broke, never a tire slashed, and save for the time I rather stupidly locked the keys inside, never a troubling moment.

14. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I've street parked in and around the fringes of BT and elsewhere DT on visits, days, nights, weekends, since the mid-80's. Never a window broke, never a tire slashed, and save for the time I rather stupidly locked the keys inside, never a troubling moment.
    weird.

at and around 7th/8th & harvey/robinson we've had a nightmare with cars being broken into, gasoline stolen, vehicles stolen/damaged and people harassed for the last 3 years..

Even with all the leo around the federal building and the addition of more security cameras and guards it just gets worse and worse.

fuzzytoad - Just curious who "we" are? Is this a business parking lot or something? Is it in the daytime?

16. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Quote Originally Posted by Platemaker View Post
    fuzzytoad - Just curious who "we" are? Is this a business parking lot or something? Is it in the daytime?
    "We" = DEQ, Fed building, big business across from DEQ, law office next to the Fed building, Markies parking lot.

It's at all times of the day. When my car had gasoline stolen it was sometime between noon and 4pm.

The physical harassment usually happens in the early morning hours, when a certain group of people are usually on the way to/from one of the many shelters.

I actually think it's safer there very late at night. I know I've never had any problems when I've been driving in at 3am

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Really? Dallas, has them everywhere, my bestfriend lives in a trendy uptown apt, with garage parking, and has wine gatherings all the time and never has a parking issue inside the garage. They are all over Dallas, especially in uptown. Parking garage with space for visitors is the norm.

18. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytoad View Post
    weird.

at and around 7th/8th & harvey/robinson we've had a nightmare with cars being broken into, gasoline stolen, vehicles stolen/damaged and people harassed for the last 3 years..

Even with all the leo around the federal building and the addition of more security cameras and guards it just gets worse and worse.
    Deep Deuce and BT areas have a lot less transient foot traffic than midtown, in my observation.

People are moving into the Lofts. I've seen multiple moving trucks there and lights are on. It's nice to see more activity in the area. The building/home restoration on the south side of 2nd street is moving along as well.

20. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Great news!

Is it really any surprise how much faster the Lofts are filling up as opposed to the Brownstones (or worse yet, The Hill)?
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

21. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Great news!

Is it really any surprise how much faster the Lofts are filling up as opposed to the Brownstones (or worse yet, The Hill)?
    The Brownstones are awesome. I am surprised that there hasn't been more interest.

22. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

If the Brownstones were Dallas-style homes like the thousands built in far nw and sw OKC, they'd be sold out. But then they wouldn't be very special, now would they? I think the developers of the Brownstones would be the first to admit they're not for everyone. But there have been some buyers and they seem pretty happy owning homes that aren't like anything else in this city.

The Brownstones are all over 600k. They will sell and they are a great addition to Downtown. There are just less buyers that can afford that price of home.

24. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

gsan, I'm not sure you're right on that.

25. Default Re: Phase II of Maywood Park -- Affordable Lofts!

Floor Plans :: The Brownstones at Maywood Park

The prices are 645K, 695K, and 883K. IIRC, they were closer to 500, 600, and 700 originally.

Thread Information