Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hatch

Default Re: Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I haven't been to Hatch, but have been to Sunnyside several times. Can someone who has been to both compare the two? Or are they even worth comparing?
    Hatch is much nicer inside and out. More upscale.

Sunnyside is more like a true diner with more comfort food items while Hatch has some more progressive and unique dishes.

Hatch is slightly more expensive but it's also the type of place where people will hang out and have cocktails. Sunnyside has cocktails but I've never seen anyone order them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hatch is much nicer inside and out. More upscale.

Sunnyside is more like a true diner with more comfort food items while Hatch has some more progressive and unique dishes.

Hatch is slightly more expensive but it's also the type of place where people will hang out and have cocktails. Sunnyside has cocktails but I've never seen anyone order them there.
    Got it, thanks. I knew Sunnyside was more of a diner, but from all the pics I have see of Hatch, the food looked similar, but maybe that was just a sampling.

3. Default Re: Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Got it, thanks. I knew Sunnyside was more of a diner, but from all the pics I have see of Hatch, the food looked similar, but maybe that was just a sampling.
    I pretty much agree with Pete's assessment 100%. I consider Sunnyside to be a little more upscale than your average diner but it's still pretty much diner food and is intended to be.... Hatch is more of an upscale breakfast eatery/bar.

Tried to go today, but there was a 45 minute wait at 1:15 and we didn't wait. Yeah, I know, use the nowait app, I'll check that out, didn't think it would be *that* busy that late. Which brings me to what is apparently the 11th commandment in OKC - When thine restaurant serves breakfast, thou shalt close at 2:00 PM. Seriously - if you're so slammed that you're telling people that the earliest you can get them in is the time you're supposed to close, just freaking stay open later and quit trying to cram everybody in to your ridiculous hours. We really, really need more breakfast places that *do not* close at 2:00 (as has been stated in another thread), and no, we never go to IHOP, Denny's, or Waffle House even though they serve b-fast at all hours, their food is gross, so we try to go to local places that serve good food for breakfast.

5. Default Re: Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Tried to go today, but there was a 45 minute wait at 1:15 and we didn't wait. Yeah, I know, use the nowait app, I'll check that out, didn't think it would be *that* busy that late. Which brings me to what is apparently the 11th commandment in OKC - When thine restaurant serves breakfast, thou shalt close at 2:00 PM. Seriously - if you're so slammed that you're telling people that the earliest you can get them in is the time you're supposed to close, just freaking stay open later and quit trying to cram everybody in to your ridiculous hours. We really, really need more breakfast places that *do not* close at 2:00 (as has been stated in another thread), and no, we never go to IHOP, Denny's, or Waffle House even though they serve b-fast at all hours, their food is gross, so we try to go to local places that serve good food for breakfast.
    Yep, shows how high the demand is. They are experienced restauranteurs, if there is still a demand after the newness wears off I wouldn't be surprised if they extend their hours.

It may not help much, but Sunnyside is open until 3:00. They're probably slammed on the weekends just like Hatch, but on weekdays it's pretty easy to get in, especially around 1:30-2:00.

7. Default Re: Hatch

When Hatch starts out-grossing Broadway 10 - if it's not already - I'd wager you'll see those guys take a hard look at expanding hours.

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    It may not help much, but Sunnyside is open until 3:00. They're probably slammed on the weekends just like Hatch, but on weekdays it's pretty easy to get in, especially around 1:30-2:00.
    Thanks, and yeah, tried there at about 2:00 one Saturday (the only day we generally go out and eat breakfast), not a fan for many reasons (review's on Yelp if you want to see why), but it is nice that they are open until 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    When Hatch starts out-grossing Broadway 10 - if it's not already - I'd wager you'll see those guys take a hard look at expanding hours.
    Man, wouldn't that be almost impossible to do with Broadway 10's prices? Or is the customer count so much higher at Hatch, even though the price per customer is way lower?

10. Default Re: Hatch

^^^^^^^^
    No doubt B10 does much higher per-cover, but the raw customer count at Hatch HAS to be dramatically higher. And this is true whether you're talking about per day or even per operating hour. B10 does great business during dinner, and I think they still do good lunch business, but they are largely empty much of the day. Hatch, OTOH, is at capacity pretty much the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Thanks, and yeah, tried there at about 2:00 one Saturday (the only day we generally go out and eat breakfast), not a fan for many reasons (review's on Yelp if you want to see why), but it is nice that they are open until 3.
    Is there a direct link to yours or what?

I gotta say, I don't understand why this place is so busy all of the time. There are way better diners around town. I sat at a table eating bland food with an empty water glass and empty coffee cup for 25 minutes while 6 servers were standing around a station chatting. Doubt I'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Okcdiner View Post
    . . . . an empty water glass and empty coffee cup for 25 minutes while 6 servers were standing around a station chatting. Doubt I'll be back.
    . Why on earth would you wait silently for 25 minutes for someone to fill an empty coffee cup?? Doesn't take much effort to "hail" a server. . .

14. Default Re: Hatch

Tried to go on New Years Day and they had an hour and 15 minute wait. Then tried to go to Kitchen 324 and they weren't open. Then tried to go to Sunnyside and they had an hour wait. LOL

So finally got to try Hatch on MLK day and used the No Wait app to save a little waiting time. It was packed all the way up til 2:00 closing time. Absolutely love the interior design of this place. Felt like I was in New York or Chicago. A++

Food was great as well, especially the hashbrown tumblers as already mentioned. Will definitely be back and agree they should extend their hours.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

First look at the new Hatch planned for North OKC

Building permits have been filed and plans finalized for the new location of the red-hot breakfast, lunch and brunch spot, Hatch.

After opening near NW 10th & Broadway in Automobile Alley last September, Hatch is still drawing large crowds.

Now a second location will open in the Chisholm Creek development and will incorporate much of the same high style that is featured in the original location.

Fitzsimmons Architects designed both restaurants as well as 3 the other Provision Concepts operations: Broadway 10 Bar & Chophouse and both Sidecar Wine and Barley Bars, the newest of which is also located in Tract 30 at Chisholm Creek.

The new Hatch will be between Fuzzy's Tacos and Republic and feature a 2nd level and a patio as well as a breakfast bar.

Work is set to start in September with an opening planned for December or January.

Hours will be 6AM to 2PM Monday through Thursday and 6AM to 4PM Friday through Sunday.

Hatch at Chisholm Creek will feature the same menu as the original.

it's been several months since I've been to hatch... something like the last three times our office has tried to go for lunch they've been too crowded, and we typically leave at 11 to beat the lunch crowds.

I'll have to give it another go. I didn't like what I got the last time I went there, and didn't favor the sound of what everybody else got.

Was surprised to find a wait at 8AM last Saturday.

I'm hoping that the north Hatch takes some of the wait time out of the downtown one - we still haven't been because we just don't like waiting that long when there are other, equally valid options around that we can get into immediately.

We usually use the No Wait app and check in first thing then get around and take our time getting there.. then the wait hasn't been too bad. otherwise I'd probably not have ate there yet.

21. Default Re: Hatch

I'm in the same boat. We've been wanting to go since it opened, but the wait is always too long. The new space looks like it is going to be quite impressive though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    We usually use the No Wait app and check in first thing then get around and take our time getting there.. then the wait hasn't been too bad. otherwise I'd probably not have ate there yet.
    Thx for the reminder, I need to get the app and do it that way...

Finally tried Hatch for the first time this morning. My wife and I arrived around 7am with no wait. We absolutely loved the experience and wished we had visited sooner. This will now be a regular destination for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Sound Mind View Post
    Finally tried Hatch for the first time this morning. My wife and I arrived around 7am with no wait. We absolutely loved the experience and wished we had visited sooner. This will now be a regular destination for us.
    What'd you have?

My wife and I shared two entrees... French Toast and The Kitchen Sink. Loved them both.

Thread Information