Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OU Football 2024 Season

Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ok... so, all the sites that reported that got it wrong. obviously you're a more engaged fan than i am... i'd be more interested in your analysis of the team's offensive issues than your ability to cherry-pick one wrong name out of a list.
    having to start the 4th string center is the biggest issue by far ... (he is overmatched physically and is not making the correct calls) .

second is because of the sometimes bad oline play a young QB is not comfortable in the pocket (even when the pass blocking is not bad )

the WR are also not run blocking very well on the outside .. (missing 3 of the top 4 wr is a huge part of that problem as all 3 were very good blockers) ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    having to start the 4th string center is the biggest issue by far ... (he is overmatched physically and is not making the correct calls) .

second is because of the sometimes bad oline play a young QB is not comfortable in the pocket (even when the pass blocking is not bad )

the WR are also not run blocking very well on the outside .. (missing 3 of the top 4 wr is a huge part of that problem as all 3 were very good blockers) ..
    we definitely agree on the first two, but i hadn't thought too much about the third point. i'm trying to think how many times ou's offence even tried to run it outside against houston.

we definitely agree on the first two, but i hadn't thought too much about the third point. i'm trying to think how many times ou's offence even tried to run it outside against houston.
    i should have included blocking for each other as well ... the quick flat passes and the end arounds ..

Blog Entries

Forecast for Saturday is TOASTY for a 230 game.

5. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Forecast for Saturday is TOASTY for a 230 game.
    I've been to a bunch of 90+ degree games there. It was miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I've been to a bunch of 90+ degree games there. It was miserable.
    Especially since the south end zone was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Especially since the south end zone was closed.
    man that might have made a slight difference (more in some parts of the stadium than others) but I’ve been to almost every game since 2001 and September games don’t seem any more miserably hot after 2016 than they were before. Daytime games in that stadium have always sucked anytime the temperature is over 85 and are exponentially worse if you’re in the sun.

It's always been hot in September for mid day games but wind took the edge off. There is absolutely no breeze, now.

Blog Entries

Resale ticket market is reflecting the heat factor I think. Pretty reasonable prices for Saturday.

Resale ticket market is reflecting the heat factor I think. Pretty reasonable prices for Saturday.
    yeag that’s not the only factor it’s reflecting unfortunately lol

The funny thing is that assuming OU wins tomorrow, I don’t see any way that GameDay isn’t in Norman for the first time since 2012 next weekend. (Well I guess they were also here in 2020, but that doesn’t really feel like it counts given the 25% capacity restrictions during that season.)

Blog Entries

^Yep, agree the Gameday gang should be in Norman IF they get a win Saturday. Seems all set up for that.

13. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Return of Heupel, night game, and a ranked SEC matchup. That is Gameday material

^Yep, agree the Gameday gang should be in Norman IF they get a win Saturday. Seems all set up for that.
    Yeah have to get that W over Tulane first

15. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

First half I was hoping for a big win. Now I'm just hoping we hang on for a win.

they played much better than last week... but they still need a ton of improvement on offensive line.

R Mason Thomas had a hell of a game.

18. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

they played much better than last week... but they still need a ton of improvement on offensive line.
    They did play better. Especially in the first half. In the second not as much. I've never coached but I study the intricacies of football to a great degree. In the first half the offense ran mostly very quick, short passes, end around runs, QB keeps when nothing else was immediately open. Perfect plays for an o-line that can't block very well.
    In the second half they went away from that. It could be that they had a lead and wanted to see what else might work. But I've always thought "if it ain't broke don't fix it". And the more tired the o-line got the less time the offense had to develop plays. Exactly when very quick plays would be the best choice.

19. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    R Mason Thomas had a hell of a game.
    Yes. He did!

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Return of Heupel, night game, and a ranked SEC matchup. That is Gameday material
    One of the biggest games in Norman in a long time. Some would argue this is OU’s most important game in decades. A win in the first SEC matchup against a highly ranked Tennessee team would make a statement. A loss and doubt creeps in whether OU can really truly compete at the highest level in CFB.

Opening line has OU at +7.5

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    One of the biggest games in Norman in a long time. Some would argue this is OU’s most important game in decades. A win in the first SEC matchup against a highly ranked Tennessee team would make a statement. A loss and doubt creeps in whether OU can really truly compete at the highest level in CFB.
    I don’t think a loss to a top 10 Tennessee team means anything other than…we lost to what may end up being the best team we’re going to play this year in what is essentially a rebuilding year for the offense. 5 of our remaining 9 games are against top 10 teams and 1 of the 4 that isn’t is number 16. Given the state of the offense, if we win a few of those games this will have been a good first season in the SEC regardless of what happens next weekend.

23. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I don’t think a loss to a top 10 Tennessee team means anything other than…we lost to what may end up being the best team we’re going to play this year in what is essentially a rebuilding year for the offense. 5 of our remaining 9 games are against top 10 teams and 1 of the 4 that isn’t is number 16. Given the state of the offense, if we win a few of those games this will have been a good first season in the SEC regardless of what happens next weekend.
    This is true.

24. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    ESPN is giving Tenn a 71.2% chance of victory. I sure hope it's at least close.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    wow, that actually seems like a pretty decent value imo.

Thread Information