Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Smashburger

Default Re: Smashburger

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Pretty sure the chain he was referring to was Back Yard Burger.
    At least that name sound more appetizing than In-N-Out Burger.

Blog Entries

That was awfully fast

3. Default Re: Smashburger

FYI - Buy One Get One coupon for Smashburger. Good thru 3/19.....

http://image.marketing-smashburger.c...O_31918-01.jpg

Smashburger off memorial closed up.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    Smashburger off memorial closed up.
    I like 5 Guys way better...

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    I like 5 Guys way better...
    Same, but man, Five Guys is expensive now. Anyways, how many Smashburgers are even left in the Metro at this point? I know the one in Belle Isle closed a while back. Are there any still around besides the one in Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Are there any still around besides the one in Moore?
    I believe that's the last one. I like their chicken sandwiches.

8. Default Re: Smashburger

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    I believe that's the last one. I like their chicken sandwiches.
    I haven't been to the Outlet Mall in a few years but did the one out there close?

9. Default Re: Smashburger

Don't tell me the one in Moore closed too. Smashburger is actually one of my favorite burger chains. If that one hasn't closed I need to hurry and use up that pile of gift cards I've got laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I haven't been to the Outlet Mall in a few years but did the one out there close?
    It did close. I can't remember if it has been replaced or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    Don't tell me the one in Moore closed too. Smashburger is actually one of my favorite burger chains. If that one hasn't closed I need to hurry and use up that pile of gift cards I've got laying around.
    the one in moore was open last night, i ate there. but don't know about today.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    As of this moment, the Moore location is the only one in the metro listed on their website. I'd proceed with the hurry and use them plan.

13. Default Re: Smashburger

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    As of this moment, the Moore location is the only one in the metro listed on their website. I'd proceed with the hurry and use them plan.
    Right because the one in Moore isn't in the best location either... Kind of hard to get to and I hardly ever see anyone there... Then again 5 Guys doesn't seem to exactly be knocking it out of the park in Moore these days either... Seems pretty empty most of the times I drive by it.

Blog Entries

stockpile and freeze those smashfries

So many good local burger joints around with alcohol really hurt Smashburger and 5 Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    So many good local burger joints around with alcohol really hurt Smashburger and 5 Guys.
    Not to mention their pricing. 5 Guys is crazy when you compare cost to quality and a desire to go local. The Garage, S&B, and Tucker's will always get my business locally before 5 Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Not to mention their pricing. 5 Guys is crazy when you compare cost to quality and a desire to go local. The Garage, S&B, and Tucker's will always get my business locally before 5 Guys.
    yep. every time i go into 5 guys, it's like they have raised prices another 20 cents... it's crazy how much it has gone up in just the past 2 years

I just can't do Five Guys any more. Love the burger, hate the price. Like Franklin's in Austin, I just can't justify driving past a hundred places just as good if not better to go there. Last time I went in (sometime in 2017 I believe, but might have been the end of 2016) I looked at the board, turned around and walked right back out.

Off Topic: the Every-Time-I-Go-In-The-Price-Goes-Up award for me goes to Coolgreens

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    I just can't do Five Guys any more. Love the burger, hate the price. Like Franklin's in Austin, I just can't justify driving past a hundred places just as good if not better to go there. Last time I went in (sometime in 2017 I believe, but might have been the end of 2016) I looked at the board, turned around and walked right back out.
    Hah. I was just down there last week. 1lb brisket, sausage, half rack and a pint of beans was $124 and they expected a tip for takeaway. I stood in line for 2+ hours even after I showed up an hour before they opened. I’m not sure if the sour taste in my mouth was from the gross amount of black pepper caked on all the meats...or the price! Yet people who’d flown from all over the world didn’t bat an eye. Hey, I guess if you can get away with it. It wasn’t bad. But I didn’t meet my 2-3 hour bbq line experiences in St. Louis or

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    Off Topic: the Every-Time-I-Go-In-The-Price-Goes-Up award for me goes to Coolgreens
    Oh yes! And for a salad no less. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Hah. I was just down there last week. 1lb brisket, sausage, half rack and a pint of beans was $124 and they expected a tip for takeaway. I stood in line for 2+ hours even after I showed up an hour before they opened. I’m not sure if the sour taste in my mouth was from the gross amount of black pepper caked on all the meats...or the price! Yet people who’d flown from all over the world didn’t bat an eye. Hey, I guess if you can get away with it. It wasn’t bad. But I didn’t meet my 2-3 hour bbq line experiences in St. Louis or
    P. T. Barnum had a saying that would apply to this phenomena.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    P. T. Barnum had a saying that would apply to this phenomena.
    "This way to the egress."

24. Default Re: Smashburger

Well, unfortunately, I wasn't able to use all of my gift cards in time. The last Smashburger in the metro has closed. I was at the one in Moore last night and they said it was their last day and that that franchise owner was turning it into The Catch.

Glad they're expanding. That'll be the 3rd location?

Thread Information