Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

This must be a joke. Mr Spriggs by far. Never been there but if their food is half as good as their commerical it will beat the rest: YouTube - Mr. Spriggs BBQ

Best BBQ is by far Swadley's. It's fresh, the sides are awesome. Their ribs are juicy and tender. they also have a killer salad bar and great non bbq food items as well. In the mood for some great catfish? Head to Swadley's. Looking for a killer chicken fried steak? Head to Swadley's. Service is spot on every time. Try their Sweet Tea and blackberry cobbler too. WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by bbqhound View Post
    Best BBQ is by far Swadley's. It's fresh, the sides are awesome. Their ribs are juicy and tender. they also have a killer salad bar and great non bbq food items as well. In the mood for some great catfish? Head to Swadley's. Looking for a killer chicken fried steak? Head to Swadley's. Service is spot on every time. Try their Sweet Tea and blackberry cobbler too. WOW!
    Thanks for the commercial Mr Swadley.

I thought this thread was dead, buried, & forgotten. I discovered a lot of good places to eat BBQ around OKC though.

Quote Originally Posted by sooners83 View Post
    This must be a joke. Mr Spriggs by far. Never been there but if their food is half as good as their commerical it will beat the rest: YouTube - Mr. Spriggs BBQ
    Not a joke. They exist and their commercial still regularly plays.

Best Barbeque in OKC Metro? Being a barbeque gourmet and self appointed expert, my constituency of one, always votes my way, and provides me with plenty of confidence when I say without hesitation: Leo's at NE 36th and Kelly. It has been my favorite for 30 years. Ribs, ribs, ribs. I didn't read every comment on this thread and; however, I breezed through the first three pages and found that I had eaten at most of the barbeque joints mentioned. I must have missed anyone mentioning Leo's. Try it. They have the hottest sauce and the sweetest. Don't forget the dessert. Too bad they don't sell beer. Rib Crib, County Line, Spencers, Spriggs, Earls, Iron Star, Jacks, Toms, Vans Pig Stand, I haven't tried the BBQ joint in Chickasha-they say it is excellent. But, my favorite is: Leo's. Chopped beef brisket! Ribs, did I say the ribs were excellent? Can't say I ever try a BBQ joint's salad bar, or sides, except for an occasional order of frys. Not big on much else except BBQ!

Quote Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
    Best Barbeque in OKC Metro? Being a barbeque gourmet and self appointed expert, my constituency of one, always votes my way, and provides me with plenty of confidence when I say without hesitation: Leo's at NE 36th and Kelly. It has been my favorite for 30 years. Ribs, ribs, ribs. I didn't read every comment on this thread and; however, I breezed through the first three pages and found that I had eaten at most of the barbeque joints mentioned. I must have missed anyone mentioning Leo's. Try it. They have the hottest sauce and the sweetest. Don't forget the dessert. Too bad they don't sell beer. Rib Crib, County Line, Spencers, Spriggs, Earls, Iron Star, Jacks, Toms, Vans Pig Stand, I haven't tried the BBQ joint in Chickasha-they say it is excellent. But, my favorite is: Leo's. Chopped beef brisket! Ribs, did I say the ribs were excellent? Can't say I ever try a BBQ joint's salad bar, or sides, except for an occasional order of frys. Not big on much else except BBQ!
    What's next? A poster named Earlsforthewin posts about the best BBQ being at Earl's? lol

Quote Originally Posted by blue pickle View Post
    George's Happy Hog on Culbertson east of Lincoln is hands down the BBQ king of Oklahoma. Once you eat there, all other BBQ tastes like cardboard.
    I think it use to very good BBQ,but the last time I had happy hogs it was plum nasty... I had to ask for a refund because my ribs were bloody at the sides tasted like chit...

9. Default Re: Best BBQ in the OKC metro

This will sound strange, I'm sure - but I had the best barbeque beef sandwich at Lion's Choice just north of 39th on Pennsylvania, just off I-44. It's a fast food place but they make their stuff fresh. The sauce was out of this world. Actually, I stopped because Metro has said how good it is here on the board. Otherwise, I probably would never even have given it a thought to being really "good" beyond the fast food sense. And it really is! So - give the credit to Metro. I'll certainly return.

I enjoyed Outlaws. They had great meats and sides. Think they closed but couldn't swear to it (SW 74th & May)

Thread Information