Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Movies based or shot in Oklahoma?

Default Re: Movies based or shot in Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    A couple of years ago a lot of filming was done at the Northwest corner of N. E. 63rd and Sooner road. They were there for over a month and made the old convenience store into what appeared to be a functioning store and gas station. They added gas price signs that reflected the prices of the time frame of their story. The signs are still there and show a price of a little over $1 per gallon. Does anybody know the name of the move?
    Thanks, C. T.
    thinking that was some type of independent horror movie but the name escapes me right now...

2. Default Re: Movies based or shot in Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    A couple of years ago a lot of filming was done at the Northwest corner of N. E. 63rd and Sooner road. They were there for over a month and made the old convenience store into what appeared to be a functioning store and gas station. They added gas price signs that reflected the prices of the time frame of their story. The signs are still there and show a price of a little over $1 per gallon. Does anybody know the name of the move?
    Thanks, C. T.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1031280/

It's pretty good, actually.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Thanks Larry and Jbrown84, Splinter is the one. I watched the trailer and that is the gas station.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1031280/

It's pretty good, actually.

jbrown84, thanks for finding it, that is the one I couldn't remember the name and didn't find with the search I was trying. Time flies, according to the link it was released 2008, so it was probably shot a year before that? At least 3 years now...

5. Default Re: Movies based or shot in Oklahoma?

Yeah if I hadn't seen it and known the name, it would have been difficult to find.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

I came across this short film today called "Wrong Choices" that was obviously filmed in OKC. I had never heard of it before. It has a very powerful message with some excellent acting. Does anyone know if this produced by a local company?

Dang, this is an old thread!

I watched a movie (c/o Netflix) the other night that I think was shot in Oklahoma. Or at least part of it was. It was about some old American Indian guy who was dying and whose mission was to get back "down" to Wewoka. He enlisted the aid of his former girlfriend/fiance/ex-wife? to attempt to accomplish the goal. I thought it was a darn good movie--sort of a low-budget Native American Cinema Verité--but the critics weren't as impressed. I'd watch it again, but I can't remember the name of it. Plus some of the geographical references in the film (both verbal and scenic) had only a loose connection with reality. Maybe I can find it in the "Recently Watched" list. (I agree, Matt, this is an old thread.)

I remember one time when Guthrie was just about brought to a standstill by the filming of some low-budget, 30's gangster film starring Angie Dickinson. I found it interesting how they put HUGE banners across some of the streets that would appear in the "distant" background of the shot to cover up some of the more modern changes to the Guthrie streetscape.

And then, of course, there was "Twister" . . . but that was probably mentioned on this thread a couple of decades ago.

Are there any parts of Kevin Durant's movie 'Thunderstruck' that were filmed in Oklahoma?

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumbli...ets-new-title/

Durant will be filming scenes for “Thunderstruck” in Oklahoma City in the next few days, including a session that is scheduled to be shot inside Chesapeake Energy Arena on Tuesday, Jan. 23. The studio’s original plan was to shoot footage at a preseason game, but the lockout-shortened season limited the Thunder to only one preseason home game as each team dealt with a rushed start to the season. It’s possible that filmmakers will shoot action at the Jan. 23 home game against Detroit and/or the Jan. 25 home game against New Orleans.
    The bulk of filming was done in Baton Rouge, La. back in September. But prior to the movie being completed, certain shots that can only be produced in Oklahoma City must be captured. The movie has been granted license from the NBA to use the Thunder’s name and logo and other league property, meaning real game footage will be used and Durant will be seen in his Thunder jersey, possibly with teammates and Thunder coach Scott Brooks making cameos.
    No release date has been announced for the film.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RI Caboose.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	1854 < Click image for full size.

The recently released movie "Bringing Up Bobby" was filmed at several locations in Oklahoma City. One of the locations was the Oklahoma Railway Museum. A Museum crew spotted an old Rock Island wood caboose at a siding. The movie people dressed the interior of the caboose and built a wooden bridge across the ditch. They spent a long day and into the night shooting in and around the caboose.

http://newsok.com/bringing-up-bobby-...rticle/3681738

http://www.oklahomarailwaymuseum.org/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oklah...5940488?ref=mf

12. Default Re: Movies based or shot in Oklahoma?

I just watched that film a couple of months ago, pretty good. There is footage of driving out of bricktown and in between the Ford Center and Cox Convention Center, a shot down NW Expressway from one of the sprawled towers out there, and a few other shots that let you know it's filmed here... (I wanted to mention POPS, I think POPS is in the movie as a place they stop at)

Did anyone even mention "The Killer Inside Me?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0954947/

Pretty strange movie, but I thought it was actually pretty good.
    It was awesome to see the shots of First National Center made to look like it was in it's hay day.
    There are good shots of Casey Affleck walking in the west side of FNC and cool shots of the old bank (made to look busy).

A definite must see!

Nick Cassavetes was filming Yellow http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588898/in Norman last summer. It is slated for release later this year.

The 1949 movie "Tulsa" was mentioned once briefly early in this thread. The poster said that a little filming was done in Tulsa. OETA is screening that movie tonight. It was stated that a large part of the filming was done in southern Oklahoma in the Sulphur area and that the cast and crew stayed in the Artesia Hotel in Sulpher and the Aldridge Hotel in Ada. They had some great pics of the Oklahoma City premiere with the stars and state celebrities at the Centre Theater and in the Venetian Room at the Skirvin.

I truly and sincerely hope that the comedy-writing/production team behind "Longmire" will decide that there is a connection between the Indian/Mexican/Cartel Connection (up in Wyoming) and choose to shoot an episode in Oklahoma. (while they are hot on the trail of the scofflaws)

It would be sort of like "Borat" except with a tip o' the cliché hat to the recently passed "Open Carry" law.
    (Semi-Spoiler/Translation Clue: If you watch Longmire, pay attention to how he stands every time he is talking to anyone else in the shot. It is "the tell".)

Hopefully, the geniuses behind "Trailer Park Boys" could arrange some cameo appearances.
    Perhaps Aubrey McClendon or that lady politician from Bethany could even do the Alfred Hitchcockian walk-thrus . . .
    Larry David should come on board . . . Hey . . . If even former basketball stars begin to appreciate OKlahoma . . . =)
    Larry could be the guy who complains about Longmire putting that corpse in his curbside trash container.
    He could suggest it should have been placed in the Proper Re-Cycling bin.
    The one by the curb of enthusiasm =)

Was just watching Jay Leno, he had a 12 year old actress on, Bailee Madison....who just got through filming 'Cowgirls and Angels'. She said they filmed it in Stillwater Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCM View Post
    I'm trying to think of some movies that are either based or shot in Oklahoma. Off the top of my head, I can come up with:

Oklahoma! (of course)
    Far and Away
    The Outsiders
    Keys to Tulsa
    Twister
    UHF
    Thelma and Louise (I think)
    Saving Grace (tv series)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I searched IMDB and came up with a bunch of movies with Oklahoma in the title. I didn't count those, however (not off the top of my head).

I do not believe that the Movie, Oklahoma was filmed in Oklahoma... At least that's what we were told at OU and OCU in those days.
    Here is another tidbit by way of discussion:
    Filming locations for
    Oklahoma! (1955) More at IMDbPro »

Filmed at:
    Amado, Arizona, USA
    ("Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'")

Elgin, Arizona, USA
    (train station musical number scene)

Green Cattle Co. Ranch, San Raphael Valley, Arizona, USA

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios - 10202 W. Washington Blvd., Culver City, California, USA

Nogales, Arizona, USA

San Rafael Ranch State Park, Patagonia, Arizona, USA
    (Greene Cattle Co. Ranch, San Rafael Valley, Arizona)

Why? The bulk of the movie was shot in and around Nogales Arizona because, in 1955, the real-life Oklahoma was very heavily farmed and developed that suitable areas for the setting of the movie were scarce. They needed rural and undeveloped areas which more resembled the turn of the century setting of the musical. Of course, the movie was based in Oklahoma.

Not only was the Outsiders filmed in Tulsa but 2 other of SE Hintons books which were made into movies were filmed in the Tulsa area as well.......Rumble Fish and Tex

"August: Osage Country" to begin filming in September.

http://newsok.com/preproduction-begi...rticle/3699625

Congrats to NE Oklahoma.

Here's the plot synopsis for the play Osage County is based on:

The action takes place over the course of several weeks in August inside the three-story home of Beverly and Violet Weston outside Pawhuska, Oklahoma. The play is reminiscent of Dumas' well-made play "Camille," centering as it does on the waning days of a sharp-tongued addicted dying woman who is surrounded by a large cast of eccentric lazy hangers-on revealed as various love-hate relationships unfold. The similarity is emphasized by links between the names of the main characters, "Violet" in Letts' play and "Violetta" in "La Traviata" (the opera made from Dumas' "Camille"). However, at the end of Letts' play, the man is dead and the woman lingers on.

Thread Information