Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Warren Theatre announces enhanced audio experience
    Pamela A. Grady

Bill Warren, owner of Warren Theaters explains the new Dolby 7.1 surround sound now available at the Warren theater in Moore, today, during a press announcement, 6-17-10.

Bill Warren, owner of Warren Theatres, today announced in a press conference that there are no plans for a second theater to open in Northwest Oklahoma City.

“We are going to be in Moore, and we will be the exclusive theater for the OKC metro area. This is our home,” Warren said, adding that the decision not to open an additional Warren Theatre in Oklahoma was not due to the economy, but to a recent corporate decision to have only one large complex per metro area. “A lot of this is due to the city government of Moore and how great they’ve been to work with and everything else. That is a huge difference in a lot of cities and so forth as far as being easy to work with and pro business.”
    Remainder of article is interesting, too.

Great news...warren is the only thing that sets Moore apart from the rest of the metro...hopefully we can land a Cabela's in the vacant space south of best buy to further distinguish our fine city.

I wonder what the "groundbreaking" new additions and ideas are to add to the Moore theatre? IMAX? 3D/Hologram theatre?

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    'oh my gawd... I have to walk, actually walk a few steps through a mall! waaaaaaaaaaah!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!' lol

I'm inventing a crane that just drops people through a skylight into the seat and have tubs of greasy buttered popcorn flavor delivered through an IV. It's obviously too much effort to walk to the seat or even to pick up the popcorn.

And we wonder why our state is always off the charts on obesity statistics.
    It doesn't have anything to do with that.

Warren: Amazing blow your mind awesome!
    AMC: ok.

5. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pamela A. Grady

Quote:
    Bill Warren, owner of Warren Theaters explains the new Dolby 7.1 surround sound now available at the Warren theater in Moore, today, during a press announcement, 6-17-10.

Bill Warren, owner of Warren Theatres, today announced in a press conference that there are no plans for a second theater to open in Northwest Oklahoma City.

“We are going to be in Moore, and we will be the exclusive theater for the OKC metro area. This is our home,” Warren said, adding that the decision not to open an additional Warren Theatre in Oklahoma was not due to the economy, but to a recent corporate decision to have only one large complex per metro area. “A lot of this is due to the city government of Moore and how great they’ve been to work with and everything else. That is a huge difference in a lot of cities and so forth as far as being easy to work with and pro business.”

-=--------------

Man, this doesn't make sense to me since they built in Moore. Had they been the company to build downtown in a centralized location it would make more sense but choosing to have one theater on one far side of town leaves open clear options for other competitors on the north side. Build a theater as nice as the Warren on the north side and Warren will lose half their customer base.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Warren View Post

“We are going to be in Moore, and we will be the exclusive theater for the OKC metro area. This is our home,” Warren said, adding that the decision not to open an additional Warren Theatre in Oklahoma was not due to the economy, but to a recent corporate decision to have only one large complex per metro area."
    Goddamnit.

7. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Man, this doesn't make sense to me since they built in Moore. Had they been the company to build downtown in a centralized location it would make more sense but choosing to have one theater on one far side of town leaves open clear options for other competitors on the north side. Build a theater as nice as the Warren on the north side and Warren will lose half their customer base.
    I guess you could almost say this is similar to the way those of us in Moore/Norman/South OKC always tend to feel when we get the middle finger by everyone that builds up on Memorial and expects us to drive the extra distance to go up there. They found a nice niche in Moore that serves a market that doesn't have any other major competition. Hollywood in Norman and theater at Crossroads don't hold a candle to Warren.

I think it would be interesting to measure the origins of most of the Warren customer base. I have a feeling it would heavily favor Norman, Moore and areas south of I-40. For me, prior to their opening I always went to Harkins downtown. Once they opened, I stopped going into the city for movies. So let AMC or someone else build a new quality theater on the north side...you are only going to take away a bit of the Warren traffic. More importantly, you are going to start over-saturating the market north of I-40 with too many movie screens. The Warren will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    I guess you could almost say this is similar to the way those of us in Moore/Norman/South OKC always tend to feel when we get the middle finger by everyone that builds up on Memorial and expects us to drive the extra distance to go up there. They found a nice niche in Moore that serves a market that doesn't have any other major competition. Hollywood in Norman and theater at Crossroads don't hold a candle to Warren.

I think it would be interesting to measure the origins of most of the Warren customer base. I have a feeling it would heavily favor Norman, Moore and areas south of I-40. For me, prior to their opening I always went to Harkins downtown. Once they opened, I stopped going into the city for movies. So let AMC or someone else build a new quality theater on the north side...you are only going to take away a bit of the Warren traffic. More importantly, you are going to start over-saturating the market north of I-40 with too many movie screens. The Warren will be fine.
    agreed...doubt many northsiders make the drive aside from a blockbuster or two

can't wait to hear what they are cooking up

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Goddamnit.
    Nah, He's got bigger fish than theater locations to multiply.

10. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

I don't mind the drive to the Warren, but I do mind the fact that for an opening night, I have to get there 3 hours early to ensure good seating. It's well worth the experience, but that's why I was excited about a second location, to alleviate some of the congestion. I will continue to patronize the Moore Warren, but still sad...

I have only been to Warren once because of the distance from the northside.

Quote Originally Posted by OU Adonis View Post
    I have only been to Warren once because of the distance from the northside.
    I have never been because of the distance. I dont want to drive to Moore to see a movie ... I would rather drive an extra 3 hours and go to Dallas to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pamela A. Grady

Quote:

-=--------------

That's just it, though. No one knows how to build a theater like Warren.

That Moore has something like this must be killing the northsiders

14. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by okcrob View Post
    I don't mind the drive to the Warren, but I do mind the fact that for an opening night, I have to get there 3 hours early to ensure good seating. It's well worth the experience, but that's why I was excited about a second location, to alleviate some of the congestion. I will continue to patronize the Moore Warren, but still sad...
    Buy your tickets ahead of time online or at the box officer at the theater when they go on sale. I'm always able to get balcony seating on opening nights of the major openings. Plus it is nice to just walk in 30-45 minutes before show time, go right to my seat, and order lunch/dinner and enjoy.

15. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by DirtLaw View Post
    I have never been because of the distance. I dont want to drive to Moore to see a movie ... I would rather drive an extra 3 hours and go to Dallas to be honest.
    Just like us on the south side don't want to drive to Memorial to do anything. :-P

That's the great thing about the balcony tickets -- all seating is reserved upstairs. Buy your tickets online ahead of time, and roll on in right as the movie starts and claim your already reserved seat. Press the call button as soon as you hit the seat and order dinner or drinks before the intro rolls.

Thread Information