Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hideaway Pizza

1. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    How long ago? I just can't fathom that they'd have enough business to justify having workers there in the winter just waiting around for the one person downtown (you) that knows they're open to call and place an order...

Have you ever been inside?
    Yes, but because of how it's broken down into the waiting area with 100 people crammed in, the bar area with another 100 people crammed in, then there's the linear dining room with maybe 20 tables stacked on top of each other, and then there's a dining area to the right of that which I've never been in..so it feels larger than 3,000 sf, but not by much.

2. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

I think mmm had the best post in this thread, too bad it must have gotten self-deleted..
    2nd place to cuatro.

Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Here's how we could have trimmed this down to two posts:
    Metro: "I know it's not the same thing as a full fledged restaurant, but a lot of people don't realize they can order pizza throughout the year from the stand at the Bricktown Ballpark. I do so often with orders for my office and the pizzas are just as good as what you would get on Western Avenue. I am also very excited about the possibility of getting a full time restaurant downtown."
    Everybody else: "That's cool Metro. That's good information to know and some of us will probably be checking that out."
    But ah yes, it's OKC Talk.... and I really missed this place when it was down
    But maybe if we're lucky, the Oklahoman will eventually edit all posts on OKCTalk, summarizing it down to a few posts.

4. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Just tryin' to help... let's get together soon Metro. This electronic communication tends to warp perspective...

The latest news I've heard on this, is the lease has been signed, they hope to open in April, the kitchen and dining area will be approx. 7000 sq ft, and they could possibly boast "an indoor drive-thru".

indoor drive thru? really do we need such a thing, especially downtown? DT does not need anymore drive-thru's.

7. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Interesting tidbit: historically drive-throughs were scattered throughout downtown, including the Magnolia Building on Broadway, Ramsey Tower at Park and Rob, Central Bank and more...

What is an "an indoor drive-thru?"

9. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Indoor drive thru's sound great and all, but to do it right costs a fortune. Unless you do the ghetto c-store, beer barn type indoor drive thru that is typically a converted cinder block mechanic shop with door on either end. As for a traditional drive-thru - I'm all for that. I personally think the one place you need drive thru's is downtown. Or, at least up close reserved to-go parking like they have at Chili's. There are certainly more businesses I would patronize if I could simply drive thru on my way home from downtown.

Had a negative experience awhile back. The wife ordered our teenager an ice cream cake for his birthday from the Bricktown Marble Slab. She went to pick it up after leaving the YMCA at about 6:30pm and literally could not find any parking anywhere close. She almost gave up until she called the store and they agreed to walk it out to her car while she waited behind a parked car.

I'd probably consider using the drive thru at a downtown Hideaway to bring a good pizza home.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Interesting tidbit: historically drive-throughs were scattered throughout downtown, including the Magnolia Building on Broadway, Ramsey Tower at Park and Rob, Central Bank and more...
    True, but doesn't mean it's urban or that we need more of them. We've made lots of mistakes with our downtown, no need repeating them.

11. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

I think the indoor drive-thru may be interesting, and I would be hesitant to come out against it just because it has been called a drive-thru. I think if they do that, then that will likely use up the rest of the building's square footage..which may be a shame, because a retail concept would thrive next to Hideaway, which would be a large foot traffic generator.

12. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

There will not be a "drive-through"

That was just one of the ideas that I had heard. I do know for a fact, the lease is complete, and it is supposed to open in April or May.

Other than that, I don't know any other specifics. Though I will keep this updated with any other design elements I hear.

The Memorial Rd. location is going to happen too, FWIW. After that, look for Yukon/Mustang, Moore, and MWC/Tinker.

14. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

I'm working on this story... slow going getting hold of right people.

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthrnme View Post
    That was just one of the ideas that I had heard. I do know for a fact, the lease is complete, and it is supposed to open in April or May.

Other than that, I don't know any other specifics. Though I will keep this updated with any other design elements I hear.

The Memorial Rd. location is going to happen too, FWIW. After that, look for Yukon/Mustang, Moore, and MWC/Tinker.
    the lease has not yet been signed.

16. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthrnme View Post
    The whole world, right?

Any official news with Hideaway opening in Auto Alley?

18. Default Re: Hideaway in Auto Alley?

Not a done deal (I was initially told otherwise).

Thanks Steve.

Let's hope this deal gets done. Auto Alley is a perfect fit for Hideaway and vice versa too.

I've eaten at Hideaway (western location) more in the last couple of weeks since this rumor broke then I have in years. May eat there today too.

50% off Hideaway online orders, to go only. good thru august 15th. promo code: intro

Thanks for the heads up on the online order for Hideaway last week.

Any news for the rumored Hideaway in Auto Alley?

apparently the 50% discount was so popular they ran out of supplies by friday. they are doing it the 24th and 25th of this month again.

I don't even know where auto alley is!

Broadway from about NW 13th to NW 4th (where Red Prime, Coffee Slingers, Bicycle Alley, Iguana, Sara Sara, Panchinko Parlor, Broadway Wine Merchants, CD Warehouse, Cricket, etc. are)

Automobile Alley Hideaway Pizza should open spring or summer 2011. Old CD Warehouse location at 8th and Broadway.

http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/morni...vid_1527.shtml

I also confirmed this with another Hideaway Pizza manager.

that would be consistent with what we already know, so sounds like a done deal.

Thread Information