Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Guys

Default Re: Five Guys

I don't live in Moore but do plan on trying this place out whenever I am in the neighborhood. I have never eaten at the place but friends tell me the food is great. I am really fine with the price if they are using high quality ingredients and real beef. I think with some foods like burgers and tacos there is an expectation of cheapness, but really if the food is much higher quality than the norm I would be willing to pay for it. Especially if they happen to have healthy(er) options.

Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers coming to Moore, OK

Tried 5 Guys for the first time on Saturday, May 14th. Free peanuts greet you at the door which is odd for a burger joint. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger "all the way", regular Cajun fries and regular drink. I was absolutely shocked when the total came to a little over $12. The fries are a meal unto itself. The burger is good but I was unimpressed when the cook wraps the burger in foil and then proceeds to mold the burger into a perfect cylinder. One complaint is that none of the tables had napkin dispensers. Napkins are a necessary utensil when eating at 5 Guys. I might go back to try their hotdogs but I probably won't be a frequent customer.

I had a no name and fries at Irmas a week ago and it was like $10+ tax, not including a drink. I wish people would stop whining about cost of a decent burger.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I had a no name and fries at Irmas a week ago and it was like $10+ tax, not including a drink. I wish people would stop whining about cost of a decent burger.
    I agree, however, I stopped at 5 Guys Burgers in Plano a couple of weeks ago, and it was anything but decent.

As I have mentioned earlier in the thread, 5 Guys Burgers is a great quality burger with quality ingredients. I know with everyone, eating at a restaurant is a very subjective thing. Lots of fresh cut fries and additional toppings free of charge in addition to quality meat. I am a firm believer in that you get what you pay for. If you want subpar then go to Mickey D's or Burger King with frozen french fries and "not fresh" meat. To each it's own.

5 guys, i really didnt like, i was hoping that it would come close to in-n-out... sadly it doesnt hold any flame to it we need a in-n-out burger here stat

In-n-Out is good but their fries alone make 5 guys better for me. Also the variety you get at 5 guys is really good.

In-n-out is really good.....compared to McDonalds. But it's not the holy Grail of burgers or anything.

I've had both places and IMO, Freddy's beats em both. I love their burgers!

Just got back from Five Guys and had to chime in.

Coming from North OKC, there's definitely nothing at Five Guys to warrant me heading out there versus Freddy's or Big Ed's and BE fries beat them hands down.

It's a bit "budget-gourmet" for the McDonald's crowd, but anyone that's tasted the gastronomical delight of Nic's burger or Irma's No Name Ranch Burger knows that something's missing.

I do wish we had an In-N-Out, I think they win in the budget gourmet category.

When the price of a burger is equal to a more expensive, higher grade cut of beef (like a steak dinner), then yeah, there is reason to balk at a $10 to $12 "burger"

I have had excellent burgers at a variety of price points (and really bad ones too). If it is worth it for you to overspend for something like a hamburger, then be my guest. Well, not MY guest, you are going to have to pay for it yourself...LOL

In this economy, just can't afford something like that unless it is a once in a blue moon sort of thing.

$10 to $12 for a steak dinner, not going to be a very good steak dinner.....

Yumm...Stuckey's steak

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    $10 to $12 for a steak dinner, not going to be a very good steak dinner.....
    I have had excellent steak dinners in that price point and extremely disappointing ones at higher price points. You don't always get what you pay for.

15. Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers coming to Moore, OK

Drove by it on accident the other day while thrift-stores-hunting. Mentioned to mom about it and asked if she wanted to eat there. She didn't feel like it. Oh, well... I think it was on 19th street.

Ate there last night around 5:30pm. It was pretty full when we got there but we got lucky and got 2 tables right when we walked in the door. Had my mother, stepfather, grandmother, daughter, and niece with me and everyone enjoyed their burgers very much. only ordered one large cup and 2 regular cups of fries and it was way more than we needed. I had the Cajun fries and they were damn tasty. Had the double bacon cheeseburger and it was very juicy and loaded with crisp veggies. Staff was very friendly and a girl came by a few times asking if anyone needed a refill. Probably need to run a few miles every day for the next week to work off the negative effects of eating there, but well worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
    it was very juicy
    http://www.fiveguys.net/files/files/...lInfo_2009.pdf

They'll always be juicy because for a regular burger of 700 calories, 400 calories are from fat...It's like going to the supermarket and buying burgers 43% lean and 57% fat. Since they only cook well done, that's one way to keep them juicy...

USAF: Thats interesting info, looked at McDonalds and seems higher than a Double Quarter Pounder w/Cheese!

5 Guys
    Cheeseburger
    303g
    840 calories
    500 cal from fat

McDonalds
    Double Quarter Pounder w/cheese
    279 g
    740 cal
    380 cal from fat

and 5 guys "Little Cheeseburger" seems = to the McDonalds Quarter Pounder by weight

5 Guys
    Little Cheeseburger
    190g
    550 cal
    290 cal from fat

McDonalds
    Quarter pounder w/cheese
    198g
    510 cal
    230 cal from fat

McDonalds has higher sodium content though

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    USAF: Thats interesting info, looked at McDonalds and seems higher than a Double Quarter Pounder w/Cheese!

5 Guys
    Cheeseburger
    303g
    840 calories
    500 cal from fat

McDonalds
    279 g
    740 cal
    380 cal from fat
    Wash either one down with a large diet coke and you'll be OK.

LOL, thats what I do!

21. Default Re: 5 Guys Burgers coming to Moore, OK

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post

5 Guys
    Cheeseburger
    303g
    840 calories
    500 cal from fat

McDonalds
    279 g
    740 cal
    380 cal from fat

and 5 guys "Little Cheeseburger" seems = to the McDonalds Quarter Pounder by weight

5 Guys
    Little Cheeseburger
    190g
    550 cal
    290 cal from fat

McDonalds
    Quarter pounder w/cheese
    198g
    510 cal
    230 cal from fat

McDonalds has higher sodium content though
    It's sad that in today's world it's seen as perfectly acceptable to present the equivalent of a McDonald's quarter pounder as a "little burger." Consider that in the 1960s a regular "small" hamburger at McDonalds's was considered sufficient. I admire Brian Bates' discipline in splitting up meal sizes or going with the smaller portions and I'm working hard to follow his example.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    It's sad that in today's world it's seen as perfectly acceptable to present the equivalent of a McDonald's quarter pounder as a "little burger." Consider that in the 1960s a regular "small" hamburger at McDonalds's was considered sufficient. I admire Brian Bates' discipline in splitting up meal sizes or going with the smaller portions and I'm working hard to follow his example.
    My daughter does the same thing, no matter where she goes, she has them bring a to go box with her meal and packages half to take home. Saves money, eats less and has lunch/dinner for the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    in the 1960's .. there were all you can eat nights at about 10 different places in norman ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    in the 1960's .. there were all you can eat nights at about 10 different places in norman ..
    Close to that still today. Some that come to mind include:

Panda Garden (Westside)
    Panda Garden (Eastside)
    (there are other Chinese places as well, but I'm very partial to Panda when I go this route)

Ozzie's (breakfast option & certain specialty dishes: Ozzie chicken n dumplings = OMG GOOD!)
    Golden Corral (weekend breakfasts and everyday lunch/dinner offerings)

Pizza Hut (lunch, uncertain about dinner time)
    Mazzio's (ditto)
    CiCi's Pizza (everyday lunch/dinner offerings)

Flat-top (AYCE catfish on Fridays at the former J-Pat's)
    Libby's (Ok, that's Goldsby but AYCE catfish is out there also)

Riverwind has a buffet, or I think it does. Not my bag.

Some of these I visit, some I just haven't gotten around to yet.

25. Thumbs up Re: 5 Guys Burgers coming to Moore, OK

Went there today with a group for lunch. At 12:30 the line was to the door. Surprisingly it moved very fast. From walk-in to getting our food was only 25 minutes.

I did the Cheeseburger ATW (All The Way = loaded) and we ordered regular and cajun fries to share amongst us.

At 800+ calories I opted to only eat half my burger and about 6 fries of each flavor.

The burger was very, very good. I'd give it a 9/10 and like a perfect homemade burger. I'd heard alot about the fries, but only one person in our group thought they were anything special.

For the burger loving folks out there this is probably going to be a favorite. I might go in again to share one with the wife.

Here's a pic of my burger (there has to be a name for a disorder where you feel a need to photograph all your food)....

Thread Information