Thread: Drum Room

Default Re: Drum Room

I didn't realize this restaurant is part of the Deep Fork Group:

Deep Fork Grill
    The Blue Note
    Drum Room
    Drunken Fry
    The Wedge

Also, they operated Cafe Nova and I assume they are behind Barrel as well?

Yep.

Whatever happened to Wade Starr (partner at Deep Fork Restaurant Group) after he was indicted for perjury a couple of years ago?

Heard he was basically forced from DFG, had a hand in bringing Empire Slice House to opening, tried something at Foodies, failed and the last I heard he was waiting tables at Bellini's. I can confirm none of this, but it seems to be the general consensus in the food service crowd.

5. Default Re: Drum Room

Chicken Shack is coming to the old Drum Room location. This will be their 4th location.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HalfChicken.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	405.1 KB 
ID:	19133 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strips.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	19134

Didn't know they had so many locations!

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    We really like Eischen's. But like most people have said on here, it's a heckuva drive just for chicken.
    We really like The Drum Room. For a sit down place, it's the best I've gotten in OKC
    My friend, Gale, swears by the fried chicken at Red Prime. I've never had it, so I can't comment.
    My FAVORITE fried chicken? AQ Chicken house in Little Rock, AR. HOLY CRAP it's good! Especially the Over The Coals, where they fry the chicken, and then put it on a grill for a while.
    I checked AQ after reading your post and found out they closed last year.

Can anyone speak to the quality of the fried chicken at Half-Time Sports Grill in SW OKC? I’ve heard very good things, but have never made it out there since it’s in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Can anyone speak to the quality of the fried chicken at Half-Time Sports Grill in SW OKC? I’ve heard very good things, but have never made it out there since it’s in the middle of nowhere.
    We live near there and have been going there for 17 years, It is very similar to Eischens, If you like their chicken...you will like half time

lots of people swear by half time... my only guess is that it must be enjoyed hot out of the fryer. we went over 10 years ago and got an order to go and took it maybe 15 minutes away. it was ok, but nothing i'd drive to another part of town for.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    lots of people swear by half time... my only guess is that it must be enjoyed hot out of the fryer. we went over 10 years ago and got an order to go and took it maybe 15 minutes away. it was ok, but nothing i'd drive to another part of town for.
    They have changed hands a few times. They were hit or miss for a while as far as sometimes the oil tasted old etc. Been pretty consistent over the last few years.

fair enough... sounds like they deserve another chance!

circling back... we went to chicken shack in arcadia a few months ago and were really impressed with the food.

Thread Information