Widgets Magazine
Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1492

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

I was just thinking this would be the perfect place for REI.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Their plans for that part of the center have been approved.

My bet is Glimcher is busy figuring out the master plan for CC, The Triangle, the vacant land to the north and NH Plaza.

Then, they will lease up the centers and develop the vacant space pretty quickly. They are developer/investors and operate REIT's, so they need to get things done, full and income flowing.

They also have dozens of big centers across the country and relationships with virtually every regional and national chain.

I would expect them to drop in something like REI and/or Crate & Barrel (just speculation) on the vacant parcels then fill in the rest with smaller tenants.

The make money off the smaller spaces, they need big anchors as a draw, so I'm sure they are working on getting that part done.
    Vacant parcels as in the area between NH Plaza and Whole Foods or Classen Curve vacant parcels?

Meant the vacant land between the Triangle and NH Plaza.

4. Default Re: Classen Curve

I also think the land on the west side of Grand across from The Triangle can/will factor heavily into the plans. There is tremendous opportunity here for a pretty astounding mixed-use approach and for a first-rate, major-city shopping experience to appear in this area, which would include CC. This could be the magic bullet that fixes OKC's national upscale retailer deficit, and at the same time could serve as a model for quality lifestyle centers in OKC going forward. Not to put too much pressure on it, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I also think the land on the west side of Grand across from The Triangle can/will factor heavily into the plans. There is tremendous opportunity here for a pretty astounding mixed-use approach and for a first-rate, major-city shopping experience to appear in this area, which would include CC. This could be the magic bullet that fixes OKC's national upscale retailer deficit, and at the same time could serve as a model for quality lifestyle centers in OKC going forward. Not to put too much pressure on it, LOL.
    In one of Aubrey's Town Hall Meetings, he said his original intent was to building housing on that spot to make the area more of a live/work/play location. At the time, it was just work and play. I wouldn't be surprised if something like the Lisbon Lofts went on that parcel.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I for one think Classen Curve is significantly underrated and has a ton of potential to be something special. Poor management has kept it from being what it could be. Hopefully the new owners really take it to new heights.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I for one think Classen Curve is significantly underrated and has a ton of potential to be something special. Poor management has kept it from being what it could be. Hopefully the new owners really take it to new heights.
    Completely agree.

Found some listings on zillow today for new construction residential development titled "2x2" and/or "Side x Side"... just south of Classen Curve and north of Brookhaven. Several properties listed, county assessor lists "LaPlata LLC" (Home Page) as registered owner of a total of 9 properties all on NW 56th, NW 57th, and one on Military. Anybody have any other info or is there a thread already? Similar looks to the moderns in SOSA, but I think these are 2 residences per building, like a duplex.

"2x2 brings forth the very best Modern Oklahoma architecture offering innovative contemporary design elements in one of OKC's only walkable communities at the Classen Curve and Whole Foods."

1161 NW 57th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73118 is For Sale - Zillow

10. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Chitty View Post
    Found some listings on zillow today for new construction residential development titled "2x2" and/or "Side x Side"... just south of Classen Curve and north of Brookhaven. Several properties listed, county assessor lists "LaPlata LLC" (Home Page) as registered owner of a total of 9 properties all on NW 56th, NW 57th, and one on Military. Anybody have any other info or is there a thread already? Similar looks to the moderns in SOSA, but I think these are 2 residences per building, like a duplex.

"2x2 brings forth the very best Modern Oklahoma architecture offering innovative contemporary design elements in one of OKC's only walkable communities at the Classen Curve and Whole Foods."

1161 NW 57th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73118 is For Sale - Zillow
    I like it. Nice infill for the area.

Just announced Aveda is coming as well.

aveda - official site - shop online or find a salon

They are getting close to filling up Classen Curve; Glimcher has done a great job since buying this property.

Can't wait to see what they have in store for the vacant land north of Anthropologie / West Elm and for Nichols Hills Plaza.

Just announced Aveda is coming as well.

aveda - official site - shop online or find a salon

They are getting close to filling up Classen Curve; Glimcher has done a great job since buying this property.

Can't wait to see what they have in store for the vacant land north of Anthropologie / West Elm and for Nichols Hills Plaza.
    When do you think building on that property will happen? I would assume when they fill up the others unless there is a large tennant wanting space who won't fit in to CC or NHP.

I'm sure they are still working on securing some anchor tenants so they can finalize design plans for both the land and NH Plaza.

I'm really hoping they integrate an upscale theater and some other big draws.

I'm sure they are still working on securing some anchor tenants so they can finalize design plans for both the land and NH Plaza.

I'm really hoping they integrate an upscale theater and some other big draws.
    Movie or live stage theater?

Movie.

Glimcher has used them in previous developments.

Given the revival of the Penn Square AMC a tradition movie place, even upscale may be tough to pull off.

An independent movie theatre i.e. Angelika Theatre type place would be a smashing success here.

iPic or something similar (as discussed in the Glimcher thread) would still be pretty different and unique to OKC.

Eh, indifferent to an upscale theater showing the standard blockbusters, but I'm sure it'll do well if they put one in. Rather see someplace showing art/indie/weird movies and classic old ones. We don't have much of that here. Saw tons of old flicks at Christmas time at the Tivoli in Downers Grove, IL (Classic Cinemas Movie Theatres, Digital Projection & Sound, Movie Parties), at the Music Box in Chicago (Music Box Theatre - Chicago's year-round film festival), and at the Paradise (yes, it was the Paradise Theater, not sure if Styx ever played there, though) in WI (Paradise Theatre in West Allis, WI - Cinema Treasures) and it's really nice seeing older films on something besides a small box in your living room. I know the OKCMOA theater plays art/indie/weird films, but they seem to only play them for a couple of days, not a week. Probably not anywhere close to a big enough audience for that kind of stuff, though, 'cos I remember being the only one in a Sat matinee many a time at the AMC on Penn/Memorial or any other theater showing anything slightly out of the ordinary when I lived here before, but maybe it's changed now...

Brianna's newest update.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/5318808?embargo=1

Glimcher Realty Trust, the Ohio-based company that purchased the Nichols Hills Plaza, Classen Curve and Triangle at Classen Curve plans to develop 12 acres of vacant land that connects the shopping centers, but plans are still in flux with no firm timeline, a Glimcher executive said Tuesday.

Tamazul has closed. I hope the current owners of Classen Curve have better plans for that space!

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Tamazul has closed. I hope the current owners of Classen Curve have better plans for that space!
    That doesn't surprise me. I was there a few weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon and the place was completely dead. If a restaurant can't do good business Sunday afternoon it probably isn't long for the world. I am sure part of it wasn't the restaurant itself but that fact that entire side of Classen Curve is still pretty quiet.

That doesn't surprise me. I was there a few weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon and the place was completely dead. If a restaurant can't do good business Sunday afternoon it probably isn't long for the world. I am sure part of it wasn't the restaurant itself but that fact that entire side of Classen Curve is still pretty quiet.
    Sunday afternoon what time? 2-5 is pretty much a completely dead time for restaurants all across the country. Even on Sundays.

25. Default Re: Classen Curve

I tried it once. It was good (not great, but good). However, the price was too high for me. If I'm going to spend on the upper end for a regular meal, I've got better choices on my list.

Thread Information