Widgets Magazine
Page 49 of 149 FirstFirst ... 444546474849505152535499 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3702

Thread: Scissortail Park

Default Re: Central Park

MAPS 3 board to vote on approving $2.5 million to completely rebuild Hudson between SW 3rd (just south of the new boulevard) and SW 7th (Union Station).

I would assume the same will happen with Robinson on the east side of the park, but probably not until the convention center and hotel are well along or finished.

An updated timeline shows the first phase of the park will be out for bid in October.

I suspect the work in earnest would then start right after the first of the year.

What's the construction timeline for the park? It seems like it would be minimal (in comparison). Any chance it's open in fall 2017?

Taken today.

You can see much of Hudson along the west side of the park is completely torn up now.

5. Default Re: Central Park

Pete do you (or anyone else) know what the plan is for the numerous power lines that traverse the park? I imagine they will be unnecessary once the power substation is removed to make way for the convention center, right?

^

I believe that is correct and also true for the high power lines that currently run along Robinson to/from the substation.

Taken this morning, you can see they have demolished a lot of the interior streets now including Harvey that runs N/W right done the center.

And Hudson along the west boundary is completely torn up in advance of replacement.

boy that lot between Myriad and there needs to hurry up and do something

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    They've said they are a ways out on that project. They're repaving a portion of it for parking I guess, but they might as well do the whole thing, as they'd easily make the money back from CHK events. At least if they're nice enough looking parking lots with no weeds growing out of the ground then it doesn't completely disrupt the flow in the area.

Also remember the area closest to the park is the Boulevard, so it should start taking shape pretty soon.

I don't think that section of the boulevard will be complete for about 2 years.

Seriously? I thought the Boulevard construction was to be wrapped up by 2018?

That's incredible if so. It's amazing how slowly some of these big projects move.

^

End of 2018 is still 2 years away.

I don't think they've even finalized the engineering for the section between EKG and the western terminus.

I agree. That lot is going to be a major eyesore if the park is completed and nothing has been done here.

14. Default Re: Central Park

It looks like they've started work on the street car maintenance facility in the SW corner.

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    That whole area looks like a war zone. Construction timelines for the Blvd, convention center and park are ridiculous. build the damn things money is in place. Will look horrible in NBA Shots this year

16. Default Re: Central Park

Is that the Streetcar maintenance facility under construction in the top right of the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

I don't think they've even finalized the engineering for the section between EKG and the western terminus.
    You sure about that? It was originally on the January ODOT letting before getting bumped, and I thought it finally did rebid (from Shields to maybe Walker)? I do know for sure it was on the letting schedule at one point. Not all the way to Western though.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    That whole area looks like a war zone. Construction timelines for the Blvd, convention center and park are ridiculous. build the damn things money is in place. Will look horrible in NBA Shots this year
    Good year to be less relevant I suppose

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    That's the perils of progress!

Then there's the upside (2020), the finished product that will give our convention center complex & park free advertising throughout future national telecasts.

Yeah, it really looks like a war zone right now. We were down there driving around this past weekend and had a hard time finding a street that wasn't closed. It'll be interesting when it's all said and done to remember what it looks like today.

From this morning:

22. Default Re: Central Park

I walked down Hudson last week and it's really easy to forget when looking at these pics, but that park will be YUGE. This is going to be a great asset for downtown, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I walked down Hudson last week and it's really easy to forget when looking at these pics, but that park will be YUGE. This is going to be a great asset for downtown, IMO.
    I think it's definitely one of those assets that we like to use the term "game changer" around here for. Having a massive public space like this will do so many wonders for the health of the city and will help promote living in downtown. It won't be long before OKC will start seeing some dense projects around this area.

The Gathering Place in Tulsa will also be a ridiculously superb public park that many around here think can hail in a new perception for the city.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the park and that whole area being completely developed. I just can't grasp why the park is going to take so long to build. It's a park! It's not a huge skyscraper or something like that. The convention center will probably take less time to build than the park is. But I'm glad to see they've made progress in getting the area ready for actual construction to begin.

Lot of cleanup on that land, and there were some major utility relocations (30" waterline for example) in the area. I mean you can't plant good vegetation and what they want on top of old foundations and parking lots without some remediation.
    Last edited by bradh; 10-17-2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Thread Information